First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
Occupation
Engineer
I swear I'm living in a fantasy land. The forums here have plenty of Bronco bashing with irrational commentary from Jeep guys because Jeep can do no wrong and the Bronco isn't a capable off roader according to them. You go over to the Bronco forum and there's bashing over the Jeep as if the Bronco hasn't had its issues especially in its production/roll out. There's some rational minded folks but damn some of you people are nuts. No wonder why I often get tired of posting on forums because there's more attacking and defensive minded folks than actual rational minded people. Maybe look at things from a different perspective and say that Jeep makes a good product and it looks like Ford has done the same with pros/cons to both. They both have their negatives as well and its very early in the Bronco rollout to claim much of anything about the vehicle. Have loved Jeep for years and a current JL Rubicon owner but love what Ford did with the Bronco. I'll say it again, it IS possible to like the Wrangler AND the Bronco. Doesn't need to be the constant barrage of hate thrown in either direction. In short, people are dumb.
Sponsored

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
I swear I'm living in a fantasy land. The forums here have plenty of Bronco bashing with irrational commentary from Jeep guys because Jeep can do no wrong and the Bronco isn't a capable off roader according to them. You go over to the Bronco forum and there's bashing over the Jeep as if the Bronco hasn't had its issues especially in its production/roll out. There's some rational minded folks but damn some of you people are nuts. No wonder why I often get tired of posting on forums because there's more attacking and defensive minded folks than actual rational minded people. Maybe look at things from a different perspective and say that Jeep makes a good product and it looks like Ford has done the same with pros/cons to both. They both have their negatives as well and its very early in the Bronco rollout to claim much of anything about the vehicle. Have loved Jeep for years and a current JL Rubicon owner but love what Ford did with the Bronco. I'll say it again, it IS possible to like the Wrangler AND the Bronco. Doesn't need to be the constant barrage of hate thrown in either direction. In short, people are dumb.
Respectfully, what has been irrational or nuts? Saying that SFA are better for hardcore off-roading? Conceding the Bronco will be a better ride on the street? Pointing out the Bronco soft top is crap? Maybe I'm blind to my own bias but I'm just not seeing what you're seeing here.

omega145

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
Occupation
Engineer
Respectfully, what has been irrational or nuts? Saying that SFA are better for hardcore off-roading? Conceding the Bronco will be a better ride on the street? Pointing out the Bronco soft top is crap? Maybe I'm blind to my own bias but I'm just not seeing what you're seeing here.
There is a BIG difference in rationally speaking about SFA being better for hardcore off-roading or criticizing the Bronco soft top while also seeing the positives on why people are digging them or seeing how capable they actually are. Lots of disregard for this Bronco and negativity because of course this is a Jeep forum and lots of disregard for Jeeps over on the Bronco forum. Not saying you are that person but people generally tend to be blinded by their own bias. The Bronco is a very capable on-road AND as an off road machine. It may not be as capable off road as a Wrangler in some aspects but it can do most of what everyone needs to do. I say again, I'm a fan of both Jeeps and the new Bronco. I don't need to dismiss the Bronco or bash it to feel better about my Jeep.

Traktor31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
Maybe I havent paid attention enough but most of the stuff I read on here always seems pretty even keeled to me. I like the looks of the Bronco I think it looks cool, my only knock on it was I think the soft top looks really bad because its so loose fitting, like I said I was a bit shocked by that. Ive had zero seat time in it.

I am curious 3-4 years down the line what the resale value of the Bronco is going to be.

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 4xe, 21 Supra 3.0, 21 Pacifica Hybrid
In stock form I also find the 4xe to be perfectly fine for the road. My 2019 JL was my first Wrangler and my 21 4xe is my second. Neither of them exhibited death wobble. The 4xe steering rack seems to be an upgrade from my 19. With the electric motors you have a very quiet and refined ride with instant torque on demand making it very smooth to pass or make power.

I have no doubt the Bronco would ride even better on the street, but for what I use the Jeep for I really don't have any complaints. Both my Jeep's actually seemed well built with no buzzes, rattles, etc. The interior fit and finish is good for what it is. Having said that both the Bronco and Wrangler are not cheap vehicles so we should demand better than average fit and finish.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
In its latest video, TFL points out that Bronco’s on-road ride and handling advantage all but evaporates the moment you mount 35-inch tires on it.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
In stock form I also find the 4xe to be perfectly fine for the road. My 2019 JL was my first Wrangler and my 21 4xe is my second. Neither of them exhibited death wobble. The 4xe steering rack seems to be an upgrade from my 19. With the electric motors you have a very quiet and refined ride with instant torque on demand making it very smooth to pass or make power.

I have no doubt the Bronco would ride even better on the street, but for what I use the Jeep for I really don't have any complaints. Both my Jeep's actually seemed well built with no buzzes, rattles, etc. The interior fit and finish is good for what it is. Having said that both the Bronco and Wrangler are not cheap vehicles so we should demand better than average fit and finish.
This^^^

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Amen and preach on. You check the "new replies" once a day and half the posts and threads are Bronco bashing threads by a bunch of people that haven't even laid eyes on one and couldn't even drive or won't even drive a stock Bronco (or their Jeep) to its fullest capabilities yet that is what they keep falling back on.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I view all of this Wrangler vs Bronco as pure entertainment. There’s no point in taking any of it too seriously.

If you crave “rationality,” you are not going to find much of it on an online forum. There’s too many biases in all of them.

Sponsored

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Amen and preach on. You check the "new replies" once a day and half the posts and threads are Bronco bashing threads by a bunch of people that haven't even laid eyes on one and couldn't even drive or won't even drive a stock Bronco (or their Jeep) to its fullest capabilities yet that is what they keep falling back on.
A lesser driver will find the limit of the vehicles abilities much quicker than a skilled and experienced driver. The fact that the average off roader isn't Lauren Healy bodes better for the Wrangler than the Bronco. Both will be more than enough for most users, but you'll likely see more broncos driven beyond their abilities. The ifs is clearly more tippy and will likely result in more rollovers on the trails. Time will tell.

Magiaone

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F250
Apparently the Bronco hardtops are not doing much better QC wise.
There was a Catus 4dr at my Ford dealer. Top was a hot mess. Poor gaps, fiberglass threads hanging poor repaired corner in the tool, scratch by the tail lamp that was noted at the plant with red wax pen but shipped anyways. Interior was underwhelming at best. A lot of plastic and rubber. Stuff that will go bad in a few years. . I had a 4dr badlands on order and cancelled it. Black only for leather- in Texas. Nope. Ordered a TRX last week.

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
They clearly want to hear the Bronco is the best at everything and not willing to accept anything less than that.

While over here you try to point out the Bronco is going to drive a metric-shit-ton better on road than a Wrangler, but will fall short on tough trails, and it's like you called their kids ugly and stupid.

Really bizarre -- never have I witnessed such animosity between two product lines even during the Mustang and Camaro muscle car battles. It's delicious ;)
Because saying a metric-shit-ton better on road is not within reality. I have multiple vehicles and the JL is no problem on road. I guess some people have way too much sand in their vagina's.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
There’s no point in taking any of it too seriously.
There really isn’t. Everyone is going to have an opinion and everyone is free to agree/disagree.

Jeep Wrangler JL Test drove a Bronco Wildtrack. 1628015239727

Ford managed to get it’s buyers to say Outbanks, Badlands and Sasquatch all in the same sentence. Forget the GOAT terrain system- that in itself is impressive!
Jeep Wrangler JL Test drove a Bronco Wildtrack. 1628015326228

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 4xe, 21 Supra 3.0, 21 Pacifica Hybrid
I view all of this Wrangler vs Bronco as pure entertainment. There’s no point in taking any of it too seriously.

If you crave “rationality,” you are not going to find much of it on an online forum. There’s too many biases in all of them.
Yep. Within 12 months of each other I owned a Ford GT350 and Chevy Camaro SS1LE. There were pros and cons to each and fanboys on either side love to argue the merits of Camaro vs Mustang.
Sponsored