Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Someone will come up with some sort of skids for these and one of the more minor issues to overcome with the Bronco suspension.

I'd be more concerned having those cast aluminum lower arms dragging across the rocks.
It's abundantly clear that Ford prioritized the "look", but didn't put any real seriousness into how the bronco was set up. They built it with the assumption that so few will actually use what it does have. That's were the Wrangler is special and sits lonely at the top. It was designed to be there, waiting and ready to stand up to the task, whether or not it would asked to.
Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Wow they are a pretty hostile bunch over on that forum it seems? Long time Jeep guy gives the Bronco thumbs up except in the rocks and they tar and feather him.
I know right. I read a few of the responses and said same thing. Wow. Hereā€™s a guy thatā€™s had plenty of seat time in the rocks and provided a pretty good comparison and they rip him. Crazy

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
It's abundantly clear that Ford prioritized the "look", but didn't put any real seriousness into how the bronco was set up. They built it with the assumption that so few will actually use what it does have. That's were the Wrangler is special and sits lonely at the top. It was designed to be there, waiting and ready to stand up to the task, whether or not it would asked to.
It will be interesting to see what the aftermarket brings on all things bronco. Not good if it takes a long time though. Iā€™m surprised there is only like one or two lift kits out from what Iā€™m reading.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I know right. I read a few of the responses and said same thing. Wow. Hereā€™s a guy thatā€™s had plenty of seat time in the rocks and provided a pretty good comparison and they rip him. Crazy
They clearly want to hear the Bronco is the best at everything and not willing to accept anything less than that.

While over here you try to point out the Bronco is going to drive a metric-shit-ton better on road than a Wrangler, but will fall short on tough trails, and it's like you called their kids ugly and stupid.

Really bizarre -- never have I witnessed such animosity between two product lines even during the Mustang and Camaro muscle car battles. It's delicious ;)

Sponsored

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
ā€¦Trust the Bronco to be better quality than any of Fords other 1st gen designs like the raptors with bent frames and back ordered cv shafts if youā€™d like,ā€¦
Hey, now.ā€¦ The Raptors have been pretty great overall, as has the Ecoboost engine in general. I was with you full-tilt on the crappy 6.0 and the Focus, but the Raptor is an inspired vehicle, and itā€™s driven Dodge and GM to come up with an answer, which is great for all of us.

As to the Raptor bent frames, well, look at the crap idiots try to do with them! Itā€™s the kind of stupidity that usually starts with, ā€œHey, hold my beer and watch this!,ā€œ There are some great YouTube videos of morons trying to jump Raptors 15 feet in the air ā€” then blowing our the windows, collapsing the suspension, and totaling the truck.

Airborne idiot

Airborne RAM idiot

You canā€™t fix stupid. :CWL: :LOL: Darwinā€™s rules continue to operate regardless of the vehicle make.

Last edited:

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It will be interesting to see what the aftermarket brings on all things bronco. Not good if it takes a long time though. Iā€™m surprised there is only like one or two lift kits out from what Iā€™m reading.
I'm thinking the cosmetic end of the spectrum will respond the most. At least for the 1st while. Also, the factory warranty will probably drive a lot of owners towards the Ford performance catalog, which seemed to offer a lot of options.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I'm thinking the cosmetic end of the spectrum will respond the most. At least for the 1st while. Also, the factory warranty will probably drive a lot of owners towards the Ford performance catalog, which seemed to offer a lot of options.
Prob hit nail on head. Cosmetics first.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Wow they are a pretty hostile bunch over on that forum it seems? Long time Jeep guy gives the Bronco thumbs up except in the rocks and they tar and feather him.
I can't stand social media sites, but spend a few minutes here and there to see whats going on with some local jeep groups. I also come across bronco ones, and it's most definitely a completely different breed of people. No thought and all childish reaction. Some of that still lingers in our oasis, but happy to see that most of it has pounded sand.

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
Exactly. Ford, like FCA, tripped to the fact that thereā€˜s a boatload of money to be made on overpriced accessories, and they designed the accessories concurrently to get a jump on the aftermarket.

I think the cosmetic point is spot on too. Itā€™s too early to tell, but I donā€™t think weā€™re going to see a lot of Broncos on the trail. Theyā€™re a step up from the ultra-fugly Ford ā€œFlexā€, and clearly more capable, but I think theyā€™re really competing for the Sequoia/Pilot/Forerunner market. Thatā€™s not intended to be a dig either. I just think the Bronco is a closer fit to that market ā€” regardless of whether the doors and top can be removed.

Sponsored

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 4xe, 21 Supra 3.0, 21 Pacifica Hybrid
They clearly want to hear the Bronco is the best at everything and not willing to accept anything less than that.

While over here you try to point out the Bronco is going to drive a metric-shit-ton better on road than a Wrangler, but will fall short on tough trails, and it's like you called their kids ugly and stupid.

Really bizarre -- never have I witnessed such animosity between two product lines even during the Mustang and Camaro muscle car battles. It's delicious ;)
Its just the way our society is these days. Very little middle ground or willingness to hear differing opinions or views. There clearly are pros and cons to Bronco vs Wrangler, just buy the one that checks the most boxes for your wants and needs. Really no loser.

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase

JeffCj7Jl

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
83 CJ7, 2015 4Runner, 2021 JLR
I saw a 2 dr bronco today with 35s. It looked really cool and I was impressed with it.. But being a Jeep guy, it just made me want to upgrade to 35s sooner than later.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
First on the list is to design aftermarket tops that donā€™t leak, unglue, peel off, squeak, rattle or look all loose and wrinkley...

The guys at TFL are already talking to someone to get an aftermarket soft top to replace the poorly made hardtop on their week-old Bronco.

Badfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR XR
Occupation
Retired fisherman
Sounds more like a back peddling excuse for a lousy design.
Not surprised. The mustang EV was designed with different plug adapters for front vs rear motors. Tells you two different engineers clearly didnā€™t communicate with each other on design. Thereā€™s a Munro video out there somewhere. Just lazy Ford design?
Sponsored