First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara w/mods
Vehicle Showcase
Here's a quick comparo.

This is a Wildtrack next to my Sahara. The Sahara is fitted with a Rubicon suspension and wheels/tires, along with steel bumpers and side armor. Definitely a height advantage for the Wildtrack (35s).

The Bronco seats were GREAT and the thing actually drove in a straight line! Two huge improvements over the Wrangler. I generally was very impressed with most all of the things the Bronco offered, but the one thing I didn't like was the stereo. It was not the high end stereo, but it is horrible compared to the Alpine in my JLU, and most new car stereos in general.

I'm really impressed with the lack of cabin noise with the soft top.

For those with questions about the 2.7's performance, it pulled every bit as hard as the 3.6L V6 etorque in my Jeep. I prefer the
natural aspiration (and engine noise) of the Jeep V6.

One thing for sure - The Bronco is much more tech heavy. Will take a while to learn the Sync4. I'm not going to call it intuitive, but it will be very easy to use once you learn it.

The AC blows MUCH colder than my Jeep. Was 92 degrees + and you would have never guessed it. I drove home after the test drive and immediately missed it.

All in all, it's a true competitor for the Wrangler. It'd be a mistake to dismiss it at this point.

20210730_130704.jpg

20210730_121928.jpg

20210730_122134.jpg
Sponsored

Devil6Dog

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Snazzleberry, 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee,
Thanks for the review, pretty much what I expected. It's going to be a great road suv. Looks much bigger, bigger than I thought and wide. Definitely an upgrade if you are looking for on road comfort. Waiting to see how it competes in the tight trails and rock crawling with a Jeep any Jeep for that matter

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
My wife and I saw a Bronco at our county fair in southern Indiana.

Not impressed at all!!!!

But to each their own.

I have said it before and will say it again. I hope the Bronco does well.

Competition drives innovation!!!!

So anyone that switches. Enjoy.

As for me..... Iā€™ll stick with my Wrangler.

Monster1926

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Silverado 2500HD midnight
The 2.7 is a dog off the line idk what Ford did but they screwed that up. The 3.6 V6 has instant power no need to build boost and thatā€™s why itā€™s faster. Theyā€™re also having huge issues with making a quality top. I have an order in for a First edition bronco and my plans were to keep it until I drove one. I put in an order in for a 392 with the xtreme recon just recently and I think Iā€™ll see it before the bronco Iā€™ve been waiting a year for.

Sponsored

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
My wife and I saw a Bronco at our county fair in southern Indiana.

Not impressed at all!!!!

But to each their own.

I have said it before and will say it again. I hope the Bronco does well.

Competition drives innovation!!!!

So anyone that switches. Enjoy.

As for me..... Iā€™ll stick with my Wrangler.
The Bronco or the sport? There is a huge difference.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
The 2.7 is a dog off the line idk what Ford did but they screwed that up. The 3.6 V6 has instant power no need to build boost and thatā€™s why itā€™s faster. Theyā€™re also having huge issues with making a quality top. I have an order in for a First edition bronco and my plans were to keep it until I drove one. I put in an order in for a 392 with the xtreme recon just recently and I think Iā€™ll see it before the bronco Iā€™ve been waiting a year for.
It might be a race to see if you get a Bronco or Wrangler first?

There are reports of delays for the Wrangler now. Some guys who ordered a few weeks ago are being told Jan 2022 for delivery.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...inting-news-from-my-build-status.76680/page-4

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Every single soft top I see looks like wrinkled crap. Especially the rear side windows. Amazing that Ford apparently intended them look like this. Embarrassing.

Jeep Wrangler JL Test drove a Bronco Wildtrack. 1627705049840
Apparently the Bronco hardtops are not doing much better QC wise.

Monster1926

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Silverado 2500HD midnight
It might be a race to see if you get a Bronco or Wrangler first?

There are reports of delays for the Wrangler now. Some guys who ordered a few weeks ago are being told Jan 2022 for delivery.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...inting-news-from-my-build-status.76680/page-4
Yep, weā€™ll see which comes first. The bronco will forsure be delivered before the end of the year. They might boot my order, it seems like theyā€™re scheduling everything they can for some reason.

Sponsored

BagPipesActual

First Name
BagPipes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU Sahara ..2021 JL Rubicon (Ordered)
Every single soft top I see looks like wrinkled crap. Especially the rear side windows. Amazing that Ford apparently intended them look like this. Embarrassing.

Jeep Wrangler JL Test drove a Bronco Wildtrack. 1627705049840
Im excited about the Bronco and the fact that some competition is a good thing and will drive innovation. Im really interested to see what a Bronco truck will look like. Im in the camp that you can like them both but I have to agree with the soft top observation, I think they look pretty sloppy as well. Im sure the after market is dying to help Ford fix that ...

SilverSurfer

First Name
Heinrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 3.6 8-speed Auto
Terrible raggedy looking soft top on that Bronco. It looks like a super model wearing granny panties...

It is one thing test driving a vehicle, it is another owning it.

I will give the Bronco a definite pass. Short arm IFS is not for me, cheap looking interior, huge dimensions, poor front articulation, and even with those 35's it scraped its belly in the TFL Defender vs Wrangler vs Bronco test.

Craigzjeep

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray
Occupation
Telco Installer, retired. Current job drinking beer and yard work expert.
Ford is all fine and dandy, until your steering column catches fire,
in the middle of the night, and its parked in your garage.
( i have first hand experience)

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
Can someone please please get an iron for those bronco hard tops. My god. Why is it so bad. Every single picture since launch the same way. How do you roll that off the line and then go. ā€œYup all good. Looks fineā€.

I saw a 2 door bright blue with Sasquatch package on it at a local dealer. I had hot pizza and cold pastry in the back so my Jeep and myself didnā€™t stop.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
If Ford really wanted to compete with Jeep, they never should have used IFS. As it is now, I donā€™t even consider it a good thing for Jeep as far as competition, there just isnā€™t any IMO.
Sponsored