Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Yep. Within 12 months of each other I owned a Ford GT350 and Chevy Camaro SS1LE. There were pros and cons to each and fanboys on either side love to argue the merits of Camaro vs Mustang.
Yeah there are merits to both and to the Challenger too. But there is only one Mustang.

That is the challenge that Ford has with the Bronco going up against the Wrangler.
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly. Ford, like FCA, tripped to the fact that thereā€˜s a boatload of money to be made on overpriced accessories, and they designed the accessories concurrently to get a jump on the aftermarket.

I think the cosmetic point is spot on too. Itā€™s too early to tell, but I donā€™t think weā€™re going to see a lot of Broncos on the trail. Theyā€™re a step up from the ultra-fugly Ford ā€œFlexā€, and clearly more capable, but I think theyā€™re really competing for the Sequoia/Pilot/Forerunner market. Thatā€™s not intended to be a dig either. I just think the Bronco is a closer fit to that market ā€” regardless of whether the doors and top can be removed.
Some of my bronco related posts may come across as digs for the sake of it not being a jeep, but in all reality I've always preferred European and Japanese vehicles, and always tried to avoid domestic. Getting my 1st Jeep was a roll of the dice on my part, because I became enamored with the thought of offroading. My wife is also showing a lot of interest in a 2 door Badlands with all the bells and whistles, so that has me keeping an eye on what's going on.

Anyways. I think the bronco definitely fills the large gap between the Wrangler and the slew of "offroad add-on" vehicles. To have that rugged go anywhere look, but still retain a similar level of commuter comfort found in all of the run of the mill vehicles. It's built with the assumption that it's limits won't get tested, whereas the Wrangler is still built with the mentality of whether used or not its there when you need it.

As far as competition to the Wrangler? I think it's more a competition to grabbing would-be or current jeep owners that can't get passed it not driving like a Lexus suv, and who know they will never push any limits.

imperial4ever

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0 Moss Green
My wife and I saw a Bronco at our county fair in southern Indiana.

Not impressed at all!!!!

But to each their own.

I have said it before and will say it again. I hope the Bronco does well.

Competition drives innovation!!!!

So anyone that switches. Enjoy.

As for me..... Iā€™ll stick with my Wrangler.
Looking forward to seeing how well the front defrost works on the Ford Bronco in removing ice and snow which Jeep engineers for whatever reason flubbed 100%

Sponsored

imperial4ever

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here's a quick comparo.

This is a Wildtrack next to my Sahara. The Sahara is fitted with a Rubicon suspension and wheels/tires, along with steel bumpers and side armor. Definitely a height advantage for the Wildtrack (35s).

The Bronco seats were GREAT and the thing actually drove in a straight line! Two huge improvements over the Wrangler. I generally was very impressed with most all of the things the Bronco offered, but the one thing I didn't like was the stereo. It was not the high end stereo, but it is horrible compared to the Alpine in my JLU, and most new car stereos in general.

I'm really impressed with the lack of cabin noise with the soft top.

For those with questions about the 2.7's performance, it pulled every bit as hard as the 3.6L V6 etorque in my Jeep. I prefer the
natural aspiration (and engine noise) of the Jeep V6.

One thing for sure - The Bronco is much more tech heavy. Will take a while to learn the Sync4. I'm not going to call it intuitive, but it will be very easy to use once you learn it.

The AC blows MUCH colder than my Jeep. Was 92 degrees + and you would have never guessed it. I drove home after the test drive and immediately missed it.

All in all, it's a true competitor for the Wrangler. It'd be a mistake to dismiss it at this point.

20210730_130704.jpg

20210730_121928.jpg

20210730_122134.jpg
Thank you for the honest review. Cements my justification in trading in my JL for a 2 door WildTrack Squatch.

imperial4ever

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here's a quick comparo.

This is a Wildtrack next to my Sahara. The Sahara is fitted with a Rubicon suspension and wheels/tires, along with steel bumpers and side armor. Definitely a height advantage for the Wildtrack (35s).

The Bronco seats were GREAT and the thing actually drove in a straight line! Two huge improvements over the Wrangler. I generally was very impressed with most all of the things the Bronco offered, but the one thing I didn't like was the stereo. It was not the high end stereo, but it is horrible compared to the Alpine in my JLU, and most new car stereos in general.

I'm really impressed with the lack of cabin noise with the soft top.

For those with questions about the 2.7's performance, it pulled every bit as hard as the 3.6L V6 etorque in my Jeep. I prefer the
natural aspiration (and engine noise) of the Jeep V6.

One thing for sure - The Bronco is much more tech heavy. Will take a while to learn the Sync4. I'm not going to call it intuitive, but it will be very easy to use once you learn it.

The AC blows MUCH colder than my Jeep. Was 92 degrees + and you would have never guessed it. I drove home after the test drive and immediately missed it.

All in all, it's a true competitor for the Wrangler. It'd be a mistake to dismiss it at this point.

20210730_130704.jpg

20210730_121928.jpg

20210730_122134.jpg
AMBER LED rear turn signal indicators!!

OP
OP
JLUandCJ-7

JLUandCJ-7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara w/mods
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for the honest review. Cements my justification in trading in my JL for a 2 door WildTrack Squatch.
Ford dealers are going to have a lot of used Jeeps to sell. Hope it doesn't affect resale values for peeps.

Hard core off roaders will justifiably stick with Jeep. Moderate to none-offroaders - that's a toss up with a nod to the Bronco (whenever they are widely accessible, which will be a while).

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Ford dealers are going to have a lot of used Jeeps to sell. Hope it doesn't affect resale values for peeps.

Hard core off roaders will justifiably stick with Jeep. Moderate to none-offroaders - that's a toss up with a nod to the Bronco (whenever they are widely accessible, which will be a while).
Why is that? Are Jeep owners trading in for Ford Escapes...? It surely canā€™t be for Broncos. Not even current Ford owners can get a Bronco.

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 4xe, 21 Supra 3.0, 21 Pacifica Hybrid
Bronco hasnā€™t made a blip in Wrangler sales at this point. Jeep dealers canā€™t keep them on the lot even with reduced incentives. Used Wrangler prices are stronger than ever.

Donā€™t see that changing. 4xe is almost Impossible to find. 392 has big markups.

Not sure what some of you are smokingā€¦

Sponsored

wranglerbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
To have that rugged go anywhere look, but still retain a similar level of commuter comfort found in all of the run of the mill vehicles. It's built with the assumption that it's limits won't get tested,
Well said!! That describes the Bronco nicely. I wouldnā€™t mind getting one but have sticker shock: a fully loaded, new four door Bronco can easily be $70k!!!?! :swear:

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
There really isnā€™t. Everyone is going to have an opinion and everyone is free to agree/disagree.

1628015239727.jpeg

Ford managed to get itā€™s buyers to say Outbanks, Badlands and Sasquatch all in the same sentence. Forget the GOAT terrain system- that in itself is impressive!
1628015326228.jpeg
It's a good thing that Ford refrained from putting a goat head on the bronco...
Jeep Wrangler JL Test drove a Bronco Wildtrack. giphy (17)

Devil6Dog

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Snazzleberry, 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee,

Comments like this are hilarious and based solely off your personal feelings with absolutely zero facts. Plus it will be years before you will see a Bronco for sale on a lot. By that time Jeep will have the Recon

I had a Black Diamond on reserve since 7/20 and for me the Bronco release is underwhelming compared to how I felt about it on Instagram last year. However my wife wants to trade her Sequioa in for one eventually which makes more sense.

But then again, my decision is based off my personal feelings. I guess we will see

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Comments like this are hilarious and based solely off your personal feelings with absolutely zero facts. Plus it will be years before you will see a Bronco for sale on a lot. By that time Jeep will have the Recon

I had a Black Diamond on reserve since 7/20 and for me the Bronco release is underwhelming compared to how I felt about it on Instagram last year. However my wife wants to trade her Sequioa in for one eventually which makes more sense.
Just like just about EVERY post in all the Bronco bashing threads from folks that haven't even seen one much less driven one. Including even your post making a claim that one won't be for sale on a lot with ZERO FACTS. It is the internet. All it is are opinions with very little facts. The difference has become is that if the opinion expressed isn't the opinion of most then the bashing commences. It is the new 2020. If you don't agree with the narrative, well then you must be ignorant and wrong.
Sponsored