Test driving EcoDiesel Rubicon in the morning

EcoDRubi

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Eco on order.
A Buddy and myself will be test driving a Rubicon EcoDiesel in the morning. Does anybody want pics of anything in particular? Videos etc? I will report back with what my thoughts are on this test drive. Still waiting for mine to get a build date.
Sponsored

OP
OP
EcoDRubi

EcoDRubi

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will be sure and do that.

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
This may help answering your question:
Not at all. The gladiator is heavier than the wrangler diesel and way heavier than the gas wrangler. Btw what speed/distance did they race to?

Sponsored

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
Get a 0-60 time so we can see how much slower $4K gets you.
https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a29765682/2020-jeep-wrangler-ecodiesel-by-the-numbers/
They have far more consistent 0-60 timing equipment and procedures than just about anyone...it’s 0.1-0.2s quicker than the 3.6 and 0.1-0.2s slower than the 2.0. No need to beat that dead horse any more than it already has been around here.

@EcoDRubi it looks like it’ll be a shade over freezing in your neck of the woods tomorrow. Guess we’ll see if you get any cold-start CEL like @Nihkole saw. Two things I haven’t been able to discern from pictures are the placement of the oil filter and whether there’s sufficient space for rugged ridge to route their snorkel plumbing from the intake box to the driver-side cowl. Looks like they might have to relocate one of the fluid tank necks to make it fit.

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a29765682/2020-jeep-wrangler-ecodiesel-by-the-numbers/
They have far more consistent 0-60 timing equipment and procedures than just about anyone...it’s 0.1-0.2s quicker than the 3.6 and 0.1-0.2s slower than the 2.0. No need to beat that dead horse any more than it already has been around here.
Thanks for the link. I glanced through c and d and looks like they tested a Sahara 3.6 (3.45 gears) and the Sahara was quicker in both 0-60 and 1/4 times, albeit not by much. Interestingly they got even worse performance out of the etorque versions.

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
My question is what dealer and where are you able to test drive one? Seems asinine that a dealer would have one on their lot especially for test drives when so many of us are waiting for ours to be built. :angry:

I have to take the wife’s car in for service on Saturday I plan on driving the Ram1500 with the eco just to get a semi feel for it

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.

Sponsored

OP
OP
EcoDRubi

EcoDRubi

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This may help answering your question:
It never says how far they drag raced. It’s awfully weird they find 4 vehicles that go almost the same exact speed lol. But a cool video none the less. Excited for tomorrow. Prob won’t sleep much.

OP
OP
EcoDRubi

EcoDRubi

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My question is what dealer and where are you able to test drive one? Seems asinine that a dealer would have one on their lot especially for test drives when so many of us are waiting for ours to be built. :angry:

I have to take the wife’s car in for service on Saturday I plan on driving the Ram1500 with the eco just to get a semi feel for it
The jeep was ordered and the buyer backed out. So while waiting for mine she told me to come in and test drive this one if I’d like to. To bad it’s not a white one :(

OP
OP
EcoDRubi

EcoDRubi

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How about taking a look between the front of the engine and radiator. Off-Road-Only has a York kit for the 3.6 that mounts just in front of the harmonic balancer. Hoping they will get squared away for the diesel also.
https://offroadonly.com/shop/on-board-air/york-mini-on-board-air-kit-wrangler-jk-2012-18-3-6l-v6/
I will try and check they out for you. I’ll take lots of pics. York’s RULE. I have a Oasis XD3000 on my truck for the air ride. Talk about putting out some air.

OP
OP
EcoDRubi

EcoDRubi

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

@EcoDRubi it looks like it’ll be a shade over freezing in your neck of the woods tomorrow. Guess we’ll see if you get any cold-start CEL like @Nihkole saw. Two things I haven’t been able to discern from pictures are the placement of the oil filter and whether there’s sufficient space for rugged ridge to route their snorkel plumbing from the intake box to the driver-side cowl. Looks like they might have to relocate one of the fluid tank necks to make it fit.
I will take some pics for you tomorrow. We should be test driving by 930 or so.

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
The jeep was ordered and the buyer backed out. So while waiting for mine she told me to come in and test drive this one if I’d like to. To bad it’s not a white one :(
Spooked by Celeste the infamous black Sahara maybe? Sounds like that was a simple case of an out-of-spec vacuum tube opening to run the EGR valve so I doubt it. My money is on either financial trouble or the dealer decided to play hardball on price knowing if the customer backed out, they’ve got dealer stock on a vehicle that’s impossible to get and could probably command an even higher price off the floor.
Sponsored