Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Rotadyne.com.au
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR OB
Occupation
Design Development Manager
Finally received an email from jeep to book a test drive on the JL!!!! (And on my birthday too!!! :)) The Au Jeep site shows a bit more information now too, no specs yet though.
Is the wait for the JL down under in it's final months now!!!

Is there anyone else in Aus as excited as I am to finally see the JL?
Reaallly hoping for decent specs available here...:fingerscrossed:
Sponsored

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black
Happy birthday. Good to see that JL has come into Aus finally. Keen to see specs and price.

Kezza

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Y62
Finally received an email from jeep to book a test drive on the JL!!!! (And on my birthday too!!! :)) The Au Jeep site shows a bit more information now too, no specs yet though.
Is the wait for the JL down under in it's final months now!!!

Is there anyone else in Aus as excited as I am to finally see the JL?
Reaallly hoping for decent specs available here...:fingerscrossed:
They released specs and pricing yesterday.. i am very disappointed, was really looking at the USA rubicon and we get 32' tyres , someone mentioned the 'stock fenders' but i can't find that myself :(

also, the Jan test drive is now being pushed to Feb.

Sponsored

OP
OP
rogisilva

rogisilva

First Name
Igor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Rotadyne.com.au
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR OB
Occupation
They released specs and pricing yesterday.. i am very disappointed, was really looking at the USA rubicon and we get 32' tyres , someone mentioned the 'stock fenders' but i can't find that myself :(

also, the Jan test drive is now being pushed to Feb.
Apart from the tyres we seem to be pretty much the same specs as the US version though... We can get the steel bumper and it looks like we are getting the higher fender flares, two things that I am happy about. It seems to be much better than the European specs.

The site makes it really hard to tell what is included at the given price and what is an add on. But it seems like the 8.4 Uconnect, Alpine speakers, AEB, blind spot monitoring, rear sensors and camera and the steel bumper are all standard on out Rubicon... I find some of that hard to believe though.

Yeah, my local dealer called me saying that they had a test drive model arriving late Jan for an early Feb test drive. I am really keen.

Kezza

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Y62
yeah there is a Australia Spec sheet. ya can get it on jeep site or got to this https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jl-wrangler-australia.18141

Yeah the Aust one does come with a lot.like you said plus keyless entry and so on. the option packs - Trail Rail system , - Rubicon Luxury package (black or tan ) (leather seats knobs etc heated seats and steering wheel) and body colour fenders), - electrical grp (aux switches,larger alt and battery) and the - opt alloys. note no options for Roof that i can find.

Overland has only the Trail rail system as opt..
Sport has top and stereo opt, off-road pack and misses out on most of the electroinc aids

OP
OP
rogisilva

rogisilva

First Name
Igor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Rotadyne.com.au
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR OB
Occupation
I just got the brochure sent by a nearby dealer.
Yeh, our options seem to be pretty complete. At this stage I am considering the black leather seats, electrical group and TMS. :like:

It seems that the Rubicon and Overland trims come with both the hard top and premium soft top. The dealer says that you can't really opt out of the hard top... This means I need to find a place to store it......:(

I also couldn't opt out of the coloured fenders whilst keeping the 'Luxury Pack'. I am not sure how I feel about that, I love the coloured fenders and they won't fade like the black but My current black fenders don't get too ruined whenever these pesky branches at zig-zag jump out in front on me....

Muddog17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Only the JL 2 door Sport S - what more do I need!
Occupation
Self emplyed
Vehicle Showcase
Hey fellow jeepers,

I have just sent a bit of time reviewing the pricing option on the Jeep website. It asks for postcode then gives you a price.
Well!
There is at least $2,000 and upwards difference between dealers. I mainly checked in NSW but still noticed that other states are similar. It mainly has to do with some dealers not charging for delivery. So check around and get ready to bargain with your local dealership.
You only get white and black colour for free, every other colour is an additional $745. (of course)

Good luck with your purchases.

Kezza

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Y62
I just got the brochure sent by a nearby dealer.
Yeh, our options seem to be pretty complete. At this stage I am considering the black leather seats, electrical group and TMS. :like:

It seems that the Rubicon and Overland trims come with both the hard top and premium soft top. The dealer says that you can't really opt out of the hard top... This means I need to find a place to store it......:(

I also couldn't opt out of the coloured fenders whilst keeping the 'Luxury Pack'. I am not sure how I feel about that, I love the coloured fenders and they won't fade like the black but My current black fenders don't get too ruined whenever these pesky branches at zig-zag jump out in front on me....
interesting thought on the dual top option, i did not get that from reading the info booklet.
yeah i wanted body colur all round on the Rubicon, but if Black top only ( confirmed) and LEather then yeah colour fenders, i also not sure about that look now with a black roof, i think the black fenders work. need mre info on cost and want morpar opt we can get.

Hey fellow jeepers,

I have just sent a bit of time reviewing the pricing option on the Jeep website. It asks for postcode then gives you a price.
Well!
There is at least $2,000 and upwards difference between dealers. I mainly checked in NSW but still noticed that other states are similar. It mainly has to do with some dealers not charging for delivery. So check around and get ready to bargain with your local dealership.
You only get white and black colour for free, every other colour is an additional $745. (of course)

thnx, yes that is always the way, i will be looking around but both my colours ( green or Yellow) are order in only, ( blue, red and punk are maybes) so tht might hinder any dealing in the short term or it might help. all depends cause i think all cars will be ordered in at this stage since only the test drives and display ones are landing atm.
i think i have over thought the whole thing and $$ will be the true leveler in my head. lol

Good luck with your purchases.

Sponsored

OP
OP
rogisilva

rogisilva

First Name
Igor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Rotadyne.com.au
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR OB
Occupation
On the brochure with all the specs, both roofs are highlighted as standard on the Rubicon.

I personally like the coloured fenders with the black roof, gives a nice balance in colour. It's just the trail damage issue that I am iffy about.

Kezza

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Y62
On the brochure with all the specs, both roofs are highlighted as standard on the Rubicon.

I personally like the coloured fenders with the black roof, gives a nice balance in colour. It's just the trail damage issue that I am iffy about.
yeah i am now also, it just i been on the USA sites and i had settled on Rubi in green all colour coded and to then not have it as option-i was devo. anyways, i read that tall people are having issue with seat not going low enough or far enough back.. that could be the nail in the coffen as i would buy a car i not able to sit in.
Anyway- Jeep Aust updated the website- got some RHd pictures. i think they got the wrong wheels as Rubicon std, they stated polished lip are, but the customer guide and the rest of the world the polished lip are option.
Nice pickup on the both tops as 'std' - i did not see that.
So just need to drive, find the costs of the leather pack as it looks like the rear only get middle fold down armrest in a leather pack( and the drinks holders behind console change.) and the Aux pack And do they come with a tow bar? i can't see an opt in the list yet.. but will re -read it .

OP
OP
rogisilva

rogisilva

First Name
Igor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Rotadyne.com.au
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR OB
Occupation
yeah i am now also, it just i been on the USA sites and i had settled on Rubi in green all colour coded and to then not have it as option-i was devo. anyways, i read that tall people are having issue with seat not going low enough or far enough back.. that could be the nail in the coffen as i would buy a car i not able to sit in.
Anyway- Jeep Aust updated the website- got some RHd pictures. i think they got the wrong wheels as Rubicon std, they stated polished lip are, but the customer guide and the rest of the world the polished lip are option.
Nice pickup on the both tops as 'std' - i did not see that.
So just need to drive, find the costs of the leather pack as it looks like the rear only get middle fold down armrest in a leather pack( and the drinks holders behind console change.) and the Aux pack And do they come with a tow bar? i can't see an opt in the list yet.. but will re -read it .
Yeh, It seems the site is still really inconsistent, right now it seems to be down again... Hopefully they are updating specs and images.
I think you're right about the website having the wrong rims as standard. I got pricing for the packs....
Luxury pack: $1500
Trail rail management system: $350
Electrical group (that's the aux): $585 - order only.

The extra wheels are just under $800.
oh and so are all colours bar black and white.

The tow bar is an additional feature according to the dealer. He also recommended to get as little add-ons as possible as they will all get hit with stamp duty and luxury car tax once you are over the 67k mark...

EDIT: I think like the US version, the fold down middle seat is only on the four door leather versions.

Yeh I am also waiting on the test drive to push the button. This is shaping up to be a hella expensive car. It will need to blow me away when I drive it for me to be convinced... But part of me is wanting to put and order in riiiiggghtt noooowww!!!! :CWL:

JJMatar

First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Bright White 2020 JLUR
Hi everyone!
This is my first post on one of these forums so excuse me if I’m a bit of a noob.
So I’ve had my eye on the JL for the last year and it’s finally on its way. No, it’s not as great as the US version (I LOVED the higher fenders on their Rubicon and feel so slighted that we won’t be getting them!) but the new soft top is enough to help me ignore other misgivings.
I’m putting down a deposit so they can hopefully match my specifications to a vehicle on the first shipment coming over in April (fully refundable of course if for any reason I’m not happy when I view and test drive the JL).
My (first world) problem is that I’m tossing up between engines.
Mileage isn’t a huge factor (but definitely a bonus), towing is much more important.
We only have automatics coming our way and we have two choices of engines for the Rubicon - the 3.6 Pentastar V6 or the 2.2L Multijet II Turbo Diesel.
The tow rating for the JL is 2,500kg
I won’t be towing a lot but will be using it to drag around my horse and float which will weigh around 1,500kg-1,900kg.
The diesel definitely has more torque but it’s power drops off a little.
I’m attaching the spec sheet and would really appreciate anyone’s thoughts and input. I do understand the basics of torque and power but not enough to adequately compare the petrol vs diesel in terms of pulling power.
There is also an additional two month wait (or so I’ve been told) and $7,000 price increase for the Diesel engine.
Thank you in advance!

F9F349FE-45AD-482E-94F2-5158800608BA.jpeg

Beechwood911

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler FireCracker Red
Got to see me first JL in real life on Saturday, it was not ready to drive yet as it had not been through the work shop. They got an Overlander.

Will be ready to test drive early this week. I knew more about the car then the dealer did, no hard copy info yet or mopar assc list. Plenty of leg room and I am 6' 2. They still have no idea when you would get one if you put down your money.

The state regional manger for Jeep stock control is coming to our dealer on the 20th, so they should hopefully know more then. Silly that they seem to be keeping everyone in the dark.
Sponsored