Sponsored

Tesla Cybertruck debuts tonight. Anyone been following?

apb

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLR; 2019 Bikini Sahara JLU (wife's)
Vehicle Showcase
Is the final gear ratio causing that big of difference? The Rubi has 4.10 right? Sport is what 3.45?
I guess the taller gearing really does make a significant difference. Most of my driving is non-highway, but I'm not driving overly aggressive either.

C'est la vie! All I know is I love driving this thing any and every time I get in it.
Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
My son just told me he ordered one:swear:. I think he said he has until late 2021 to make changes. His final cost was 39k. If you want a self driving one add 7k. I think being on a sub for a few years kept the blood from traveling to his brain:giggle:. I just have a problem asking for money when it isn't even in production. Other than that, do what you want with your money:like:

bkjolly

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 CJ-5
My son just told me he ordered one:swear:. I think he said he has until late 2021 to make changes. His final cost was 39k. If you want a self driving one add 7k. I think being on a sub for a few years kept the blood from traveling to his brain:giggle:. I just have a problem asking for money when it isn't even in production. Other than that, do what you want with your money:like:
My cousin ordered it loaded and I think it was 76k and he said the same thing about 2021 for changes. The pricing is competitive for all the features it has.

apb

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLR; 2019 Bikini Sahara JLU (wife's)
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry...every time I hear the phrase "off putting"....I think of this clip and laugh. Had to post it. That whole "between two ferns" interview with JLaw was pretty funny.
I love JLaw and Zach. I could watch either of them do just about anything and be entertained, for slightly different reasons though.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I guess I will add my Jeep. 2.0 Turbo. Full tank shows Range 423 but I fill up when I hit maybe 1/8 of the tank. Never pushed under that. I average 375 at 1/8 left in the tank. 75 % City 25% Hwy. Avg 22 MPG. Fill up takes 17gals.

Sponsored

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
24f61446dfe50fbc431f0d908bc2e1f2.jpg

To all you Jeepers !!! Have a Great Thanksgiving !!! Including the 2-Doors !! ;) :surprised: Did I say THAT ?? Must be the Death Wish coffee I'm drinking. :jk:

TD.gif

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
My weather lower center on the map !! My Son's weather to the right side of the map !! He has laughed already. You Floridians know who you are. Don't rub it in! I'm going to find some Mud now.

T-Day.jpg

WP_000209.jpg

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
Where can you go with a 250 mile range? Almost as far as my 2 door JL, which has a 275 mile range according to the Jeeps computer when I fill it up. And that range seems fairly accurate. But right now there are more gas stations that charging stations, although that may change over a decade or so.
i have a 2 dr sport 3.6, 8 spd auto. i'll get 320+ miles around town. on long road trips i was getting on average 390 - 400 mile on a full tank of gas. one tank i managed 460 miles.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
filled up today. full tank. 315 mile range. pretty good for the winter season.

20191128_172117[1].jpg

56nomad56

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ocean Blue JLU Sahara
On the topic of MPGs...

Picked up a '17 Chevy Volt two weeks ago. Drove it from south OC CA to Paso Robles and back last weekend. 510 miles round trip. Would have used 30 gallons of premium in our '11 Pathfinder, but round trip in the Volt consumed 11.1 gallons. Saved about $80 in that trip alone.

Our JLUS averages about 20, not bad with the hilly area and mostly city driving we do.

Sponsored

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Pft, gas mileage. On my JLUR, I get 14.2mpg in the city right now, but that's putting some effort into it. Maybe it'll end up around 15-ish? If I'm cruising at 35 on a flat surface, the instant mpg is around 30.

I'm not a particularly big fan of the engine. It seems temperamental, especially when cold. Hell, mine might be defective. It vibrates at idle and if I'm maneuvering in a tight space where I switch between reverse and drive, sometimes it sounds like it's going to stall out when shifting lol.

I think an EV with gas generator would be fantastic! A tesla drivetrain would be even better. I mean, if they want to keep selling Jeeps in Europe they'll probably have to make an electric one soon enough.

Perhaps they can make one with a hand crank for the people who prefer old fashioned.

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
IA tesla drivetrain would be even better. I mean, if they want to keep selling Jeeps in Europe they'll probably have to make an electric one soon enough.
I don’t know the exact sales figures for the rest of Europe but in the U.K. Jeep only sells 300-400 Wranglers a year. I don’t think our market is going to drive Jeep’s strategy in this.

@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
My cousin has a Model X and he put a deposit down on the CyberTruck. My issue with EV's is all these charging stations are running off coal powered power plants for the most part so you aren't really benefiting the environment by driving one.
Not in all states. In Washington we have a lot of hydro power so it makes since dollar and pollution wise to drive an EV. And we have a lot of charging stations.

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
a bit strange that I don't see any mention of the new Tesla truck who's price point is smack dab overlaid against the Jeep.
Sponsored