Sponsored

Tesla Cybertruck debuts tonight. Anyone been following?

Superwinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Rubicon, Yamaha Raptor 660
Posted same over at the Gladiator forum since it's a pickup but there may be some here that have been following its news/rumors like me since this is supposed to be a rugged heavy duty truck.

Anyone been following the Tesla Cybertruck? Reveal is tonight. There's going to be a stream here:

https://www.cybertruckownersclub.com/f...s/cybertruck-reveal-virtual-viewing-party.21/

And a leaked image today of the rear of it. Looks like solid rear axle which makes sense since this is supposed to be heavy duty.

https://www.cybrtrkownersclub.com/forum/index.php?threads/tesla-cybertruck-leaked-first-look.41/

This may end up too futuristic looking for some buyers but since it's an EV and it's Tesla, it'll probably introduce some never before seen tech and features in a pickup. Worth following at least IMO. Competition is good.

Oh and it's supposed to be amphibious! :surprised:
Sponsored

Last edited:

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
Tesla Cybertruck debuts tonight. Anyone been following?

Nope.

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
Just saw it. Looks hideous.

17A7016D-FCEB-4D94-855D-FD23BE6E51D4.png

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I watched, was hoping it would look like this render below..

Instead we got Delorean mixed with a wedge of cheese.

I love Tesla vehicles, this is the first I would not buy.

C1F12281-3E41-469A-98AE-A425F26B4752.jpeg

Sponsored

Durango

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, 2019 Ram 1500 Quadcab 4X4, 2018 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 Charger SRT, 2018 American Dream, 2017 Ram 1500 Reg Cab 4X4, 2020 Redwood 3951MB, 2019 Mercedes 4WD Van
I watched, was hoping it would look like this render below..

Instead we got Delorean mixed with a wedge of cheese.

I love Tesla vehicles, this is the first I would not buy.
Sadly I too was hoping it would look like the picture of the blue one you attached - but instead, it's that weird triangular wedge thing. Although it's not a Jeep, if it was desirable, it would be competition for the Gladiator - but sadly, it's not. I suspect all the exec's in the Big Three are high-fiving each other saying, "yahoo, we don't have to worry!".

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I feel like Elon could stand on stage, piss all over everyone and say "Thank you for coming. Goodnight" and they would still love him. The cult of Tesla (Elon) is real.

The cybertruck is obviously designed by people who have never worked out of a truck. I'm not even that turned off by the cheap to make angles. Its job as a truck specifically the bed just won't work.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I feel like Elon could stand on stage, piss all over everyone and say "Thank you for coming. Goodnight" and they would still love him. The cult of Tesla (Elon) is real.

The cybertruck is obviously designed by people who have never worked out of a truck. I'm not even that turned off by the cheap to make angles. Its job as a truck specifically the bed just won't work.
It’s made by and for people who has no use for a truck but just want an electric truck for bragging rights.

Basically, the same group of people who would buy the G-wagon.

Sponsored

BillArnett

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Well, it IS unusual looking but isn’t that the point? I like it. Ordered one but the website crashed because of “too many requests”. Ordered again. Now the long wait begins. Fortunately I have a JL to enjoy in the meantime.

BillArnett

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
So real question, where could I go with 250 miles? Anywhere worth going around here is over 250 miles.
Easy answer: Get the 500 mile range version.

More reasonably: by the time the CyberTruck is actually in production (at least 2 years from now) there will almost certainly be a lot more EV charging spots. There are already several dozen in BC. Right now long out of the way trips can take a little planning but it’s rapidly getting easier.