Tesla Cybertruck debuts tonight. Anyone been following?

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
a bit strange that I don't see any mention of the new Tesla truck who's price point is smack dab overlaid against the Jeep.
There are but moved to another section

Firemadz

First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Battalion Chief
Probably because nobody really cares, unless it’s to make fun of it.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2017 Honda Accord Sport, 2003 Yamaha V Star 650 Silverado, 2014 Yamaha V Star 1300 Tourer
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
a bit strange that I don't see any mention of the new Tesla truck who's price point is smack dab overlaid against the Jeep.
Could be that Jeep is developing a Plug-In Hybrid Wrangler making the point of a Tesla truck moot... I mean my cousin has to really plan out her longer drives with her Model 3 to places that she can charge and hang out for a while. Its a nice car but it still takes a while to get an appreciable charge in the battery. With a hybrid you get the benefits of an electric vehicle without having to wait for a battery charge in the middle of nowhere.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Could be that Jeep is developing a Plug-In Hybrid Wrangler making the point of a Tesla truck moot... I mean my cousin has to really plan out her longer drives with her Model 3 to places that she can charge and hang out for a while. Its a nice car but it still takes a while to get an appreciable charge in the battery. With a hybrid you get the benefits of an electric vehicle without having to wait for a battery charge in the middle of nowhere.
I'm seriously considering taking in my JL when/if the PHEV comes out if there is a 2 door option. But I've got a lot of research to do before that happens.

ThirtyOne

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S, 2017 Chevy Tahoe, 2005 Jeep Liberty
I'm seriously considering taking in my JL when/if the PHEV comes out if there is a 2 door option. But I've got a lot of research to do before that happens.
Well i doubt there will be a 2-door and there will almost certainly not be a manual. When the day comes i am willing to give up on a manual trans i would be all over a plug-in. Not sure when that day will come.

i actually really like that Tesla pushes the boundary on tech. And I’m glad they did something with a more radical design. I just don’t like the fact they are taking deposits for a concept car. It’s basically the biggest Kickstarter campaign ever.

or maybe people are cool paying $50k for a truck without windshield wipers?

Deleted member 29342

Well, there aren't any breakdowns on line for the "top of the line" accessory list that I found, but the Tri-Motor is $69,900. Again, higher than a nicely optioned diesel F250 4x4 which stickers at $57K and can be had for more like $52K (got the sales guy down to that price in August, so I'm betting it's still valid). If you paid that much for a JLUR, I'd love to see the options list.
my JLUR MSRP came out to 61k I added every option to it and I also had the dealer installed Jeep oem tub side steps.

Advertisement

JTopsUSA

Advertisement