Sponsored

Tesla adapter to J1772 would work on the 4XE?

TH0R

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE
Can anyone confirm if a Tesla adapter to J1772 would work on the 4XE ? Not the superstations just
The standard ones .. I have a few close to me and hate to drop 150-200 on it if it will not work .

Thanks all
Sponsored

bkinnj

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 DDRT / '21 JLUR4xe
Can anyone confirm if a Tesla adapter to J1772 would work on the 4XE ? Not the superstations just
The standard ones .. I have a few close to me and hate to drop 150-200 on it if it will not work .

Thanks all
That should work just fine.

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
Just found out tonight that the Level 1 charger will NOT work unless it's plugged into a GFCI outlet. Typically not a problem unless you decide to plug in at the old barn built in the 1950s on the farm.

Sponsored

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Works just fine on my home charger , this is the lectron picked it up at Amazon Warehouse for $119

Jeep Wrangler JL Tesla adapter to J1772 would work on the 4XE? charge 2

seannaz

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JKUR 4XE, Cyber Truck (on order...)
Vehicle Showcase
Wait a minute now - are you using a Tesla level 2 “at-home” charging cable to hookup to the Jeep via that adapter??? Dang... What would happen if I plug it in at a super charger?? I know Jeep is not setup for level 3, but would it charge at all or not??

Sponsored

seannaz

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JKUR 4XE, Cyber Truck (on order...)
Vehicle Showcase

Black96z

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4XE, Tesla Model S
Occupation
Machinist, Applications Engineer
We have a Tesla Tap Mini. Works great at our home charger. Have not had to try it in the field yet.

Tesla Tap.jpg

dagmac

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara 4xe
We have a Tesla Tap Mini. Works great at our home charger. Have not had to try it in the field yet.

Jeep Wrangler JL Tesla adapter to J1772 would work on the 4XE? Tesla Ta
Sorry the question. But are you using a level 2 Tesla charger with this adapter in the jeep? Did you try already at Tesla chargers stations? Thanks in advanced

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Sorry the question. But are you using a level 2 Tesla charger with this adapter in the jeep? Did you try already at Tesla chargers stations? Thanks in advanced
I have the Electron tesla adapter that works fine for me but does not work for others. With that said my tesla coed was a little short where I had to lay over the hood but charged just fine. Last week I bought a 15' 50amp 14-50 extension cord (like 5 times heavier gauge than the tesla cord). When I attached that between the 50amp outlet and the charge cord when I plugged in the Electron adapter it showed error and would not charge. Then I remove the extension and it worked just fine. Baffling what would the 50amp extension cord change the output of the adapter and cause the error and prevent charging. This whole Tesla adapter thing is hit or miss.
Sponsored