Terrific Aftermarket Fob I came across

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
One of the nice things about this design is the little bumps on the ‘lock’ button on the remote start version. I can never remember which is which and I often usually just reach into my pocket to lock/unlock. That alone makes this interesting to me.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
One of the nice things about this design is the little bumps on the ‘lock’ button on the remote start version. I can never remember which is which and I often usually just reach into my pocket to lock/unlock. That alone makes this interesting to me.
Yes, agreed...

Also, this fob will be truly appreciated / ranted and raved about, by those JL guys and gals that are say swimmers, divers, runners, bicyclists, fisherman and well, the one's that may not want to carry the fob at all , cause they are in fear of water damage to the fob, for example.

With this fob, when they want, they can easily take the key out of the back of the fob, and hang it on there belt .....and no worries about water damage to the fob's electronics... Can't do that with the stock fob.. 8-)

They will carry just the key on their person and leave the fob itself in the JL, stashed, in an inexpensive Faraday bag like this one.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01H1C21O2/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
I like it, definitely looks cooler, but the hidden key sold it for me...OEM key seems to pop out every 20 mins and stab me in the leg.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pardon my ignorance, if this has already been asked and answered but, do you have to program these fobs, or do you install the guts from your old fob into the new one?
@walweb

You easily, transfer the inner's and key from the stock JL fob. No programming as obviously, your stock fob is already programmed.

See the inner's in this pic, I found on the forum...
fob-inside.jpeg

BettyBoop

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR 2dr.
Occupation
Business Owner
These look great. I like that you can chose button and screw colors. Ordered (2) one for me, one for prior wife's new Jeep. Ordering two you get an $8 discount.

Snayte

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Hella Yella, 2017 Ram 1500 Longhorn
How about an option with out the"panic" button?

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Ordered gray, black buttons, red screws to match my Granite Rubi (and custom Benchmade with same color scheme).

Sweet!

Looking forward to no more leg stabs.

82522EBC-4B1E-4023-80DA-1A465D4CDAA9.jpeg

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

mazeppa

First Name
y = x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
brain.jpg

Just spent $32.99 on a piece of plastic and shipping, guess it's a Jeep Thing.
Someone said they "saved" $8 if they ordered 2.

Typical sales trick....no, you didnt save $8. They tricked you into spending more money at checkout.

They overpriced the item then took $8 off to get you to spend more. Happens at every store you see "on sale" signs.

DanFelix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
These look great. In the two attempts I made to improve the closure my key fobs, the seal did not seem to me to be casually removed, more like destructively removed. Mine appeared to be adhered at one end. It would be nice if a new seal were available from this company. Seals can be made so it is not a deal breaker.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AJT Designs makes fobs like this for a few different vehicles... From what I have seen all their fob offerings in regard to vehicles , run about $35.00. So, with that said I'm not put off lets say by paying $32.99 for the fob, small torx tool and free shipping.
Sponsored