PeeCeeJunior

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
A couple questions.
1. does the dead fob start function still work?
2. is the key loop plastic or metal? Durable?
3. ok, the durable made 3.
The plastic is very durable. I'm sitting here trying to put pressure on the key ring loop and it's not going anywhere. That said, it is 3D printed plastic, so it's not going to be as strong as the Jeep OEM. But we're not buying it because it's strong, even though it is. We're buying it because it we're tired of people seeing that jerrycan bulge in our pockets and asking if we're happy to see them.

It's very small. I don't think it's possible to fully articulate how much smaller it is. This thing is tiny.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
The plastic is very durable. I'm sitting here trying to put pressure on the key ring loop and it's not going anywhere. That said, it is 3D printed plastic, so it's not going to be as strong as the Jeep OEM. But we're not buying it because it's strong, even though it is. We're buying it because it we're tired of people seeing that jerrycan bulge in our pockets and asking if we're happy to see them.

It's very small. I don't think it's possible to fully articulate how much smaller it is. This thing is tiny.
@PeeCeeJunior

In testing of the DI Labs fobs ..... the Mini, the Model S and the Model S+ fobs, I tried really hard to damage the case of the fob... I stepped on them, threw them against the wall, twisted heavily on the key ring loop and more and no way could I easily damage the fob/break the king ring loop, etc...... For sure the DI Labs are very stout/sturdy..

And yes, the DI Labs are very small and lightweight... I believe the Model M is 35% smaller then the stock fob and the Model S and S+ are 10% smaller then the stock fob..

For sure, these aftermarket fobs are a pleasure to have/use and yup, very durable...

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

BigBruse

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep rubicon
Not a bad match for sting gray. Yes, getting the thing mated up with the battery requires some patience. My chip popped out pretty easily with a really small flat head working from the ends.

20190422_160302.jpg
Where did you get the red panic button at?

BigBruse

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep rubicon
Got mine today and assembled it. Like how it looks, and the fact that it is a bit smaller and easier to spot when I inevitably lose my keys like I always do.

IMG_6444.JPG

Observations:

Do not use nail polish, nail polish remover (acetone), or 70% isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol on the buttons (if you wanted to try filling in the letters for instance). When I would rub the keys hard with either nail polish remover or rubbing alcohol, the plastic began coming apart. Even when just brushing lightly to try to get the nail polish off ended up discoloring the buttons a bit.

Be careful when removing the little transponder. Mine suddenly popped out and flew off. Took a while to find. I would take a strip of scotch tape and loosely loop it over the transponder before attempting to pry it out, so it gets caught on the tape.

Wishlist:

I wish AJT would just offer a red panic button separately. I figure if they sell a red panic button as a $2-ish option it would probably end up more profitable to them and cheaper for us.

Also wish the battery had some method of securing it down like the OEM key. He makes it look easy in his video but it's really ****ing terrible to put together in actuality. What I ended up doing was lining up a post to a hole, then pushing at the battery from a corner with a really thin flathead screwdriver (an eyeglasses repair one) and once the small metal clip was loaded I was able to push the two halves shut.

Great idea on the Rustoleum rattle can spray. I think I'm going to clearcoat my key with rattle can once the Testor's modeling paint arrives and I am able to paint-fill the keys first. Thanks for the idea.
How did you get a red panic button

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I think nail polish remover is acetone based.

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
I just noticed in another thread.... that a Threedom Model M or M+ with colored buttons...... is now available. Also, added are several new patterns, including some U.S. Flag options.

U.S. Flag options for the Model S are also available...

Also added/available now is a Model S+ Sport ...... It's a buttonless fob with retractable key.

I can tell you from first hand experience, the feel of the Model S+ Sport, is terrific.. It's retractable key locks in both extended and retracted positions. It's a nice looking, little fob.... comes in different colors, patterns, including some U.S. Flag options:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/new-releases-fobs.84353/

What grip textures of theirs have you messed with? I'm torn between the three (not considering smooth). I do like the new flag options.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What grip textures of theirs have you messed with? I'm torn between the three (not considering smooth). I do like the new flag options.
@TX_Ovrlnd
@Threedom

Maybe it is that I'm old and also have calloused hands...... but I feel little difference in the available textures... yes, with smooth it is smooth but with the Leather, Dimple and Hex, in my hand I can't feel a difference between them.... Yes, I have had/used all the textures...

With that said, if not going with smooth...... let your eyes decide... My eyes like/prefer leather.... my gal pal prefers Hex....

Can tell you that whatever you finally decide you will truly enjoy the fob...

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@TX_Ovrlnd
@Threedom

As for the flag options.... YES, they have caught my eye too.

I presently use a Model S+ 4 button, black, smooth and a Model M, black, smooth buttonless...... I want to now get a Model S+ with flag like in the pic below.... and with leather texture..

I might mention... I have also asked THREEDOM to consider a fob like below but with one stripe in blue... I do believe there are a lot of guys that would like the flag with a blue stripe..

Jeep Wrangler JL Terrific Aftermarket Fob I came across model s-flag-

Harta97

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport Altitude Sarge Green
I just want a key fob that comes in sarge green may have to get an AJT or the S model and paint it that color torn between the two. I like the S cause it’s smaller but looks stock but that plastic in pics really looks cheap like not smooth like the stock key fob plastic is. And my only gripe with AJT is the battery from what I’ve seen in these posts. Maybe the AJT could be a little smaller but I do like the look of the AJT.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I have a couple of the Threedom FOBs. On a good day, I never see it. I feel it in my pocket and never take it out. But I get that people want some personalization of their trick FOBs. Me? How about an additive manufactured (3D printed) metal FOB? Say... like some thing exotic like Titanium, or Inconel. I'm a metals guy. I like metals.

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
I just want a key fob that comes in sarge green may have to get an AJT or the S model and paint it that color torn between the two. I like the S cause it’s smaller but looks stock but that plastic in pics really looks cheap like not smooth like the stock key fob plastic is. And my only gripe with AJT is the battery from what I’ve seen in these posts. Maybe the AJT could be a little smaller but I do like the look of the AJT.
The Threedom fob plastic is not really plastic, it's nylon and is the same or similar material as the factory fobs so it's practically indestructible. Here's a pic of mine painted after the failed vinyl wrap.
Jeep Wrangler JL Terrific Aftermarket Fob I came across fob gator

Jeep Wrangler JL Terrific Aftermarket Fob I came across fob white
Sponsored