Rogueman_1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Granite Crystal 2020 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I invested in the AJT. I will say that is a pain to put together. But once’s it‘s together it’s great! I like the design better then the one found above, I think it’s more “Jeep worthy“

Hint: Get a new great quality battery replacement! Don’t force the assembly and be in the mood for 10-15 min of fiddling with something. When it does go together it fits without any force, it just falls in to place. I am not looking forward to changing the battery, I might just trade in the Jeep then that happens.
Once you figure out the secret to putting it together, it takes literally a few seconds. I too think the fob looks more rugged. That other little fob looks like a 1990's toyota camry fob or something. I dunno... it may work for some but I personally can't stand the look of it. Actually too small for my taste. My issue with the original fob wasn't the size, it was the stupid key popping out and yes, I DO lock my center console depending on where I am as I carry my Glock in there. I just use the end of the fob that the keyring is attached to in order to help gain the tiny bit of leverage to twist it locked and unlocked. No big deal.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Important:
Fob Etiquette 101 :facepalm:

When you are installing the battery into the battery cradle of any fob shell, whether it be a stock fob or an aftermarket fob, do not forcefully / overly firmly, push the battery down into the cradle/holder. Gently push / slide the battery into the cradle until it is in the proper position and then stop pushing..

As you slide/gently-push the battery into the battery cradle, it makes contact with the circuit board. There is no need to be forceful... no need to be pressing the battery into the cradle to hard.

Why don't push in overly hard.... Cause if you do, you can distort, bend, misalign the thin, metal, battery retention strap that is fastened to the stock circuit board..

IF you distort, bend, misalign the retaining strap, then the battery will not be restrained firmly and or the battery may not be aligned properly on the circuit board. This can cause poor / faulty contact of the battery with the circuit board and may cause the fob not to work... to work intermittently.

SURE, you can bend the restraining strap back into shape... but since you know know to go easy... don't fruck up like I did recently... :headbang:

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

spenat

First Name
nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 sting grey JLUR
Clubs

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't have time to read through the 35+ pages in this thread.... but want the DI Labs Fob that many are talking about...... well, for ordering a DI Labs fob(s), go here...

Do take the time to watch this video related to the DI Labs fob..... that you will surely be ordering, entitled "The Jeep Story". It is well worth the time to watch

ColsJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
As someone who has hated the stock fob from day 1... I took the plunge.

NBB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Well, smaller is better no matter what. I took a pic of the safe this morning. It’s a tight fit.
Jeep Wrangler JL Terrific Aftermarket Fob I came across General-32
I use a real estate type door handle lockbox, clipped well out of sight under the vehicle. That safe in your pic looks interesting - but I notice the top Google hit for it is a YouTube video showing how to pick it! Looked pretty fast and easy to do with no special tool. FYI, in case you haven’t seen it.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As someone who has hated the stock fob from day 1... I took the plunge.
@ColsJLU

Curious.....What model, color, etc. did you order? As a tester of the fob's, I could have had any color, logo or whatever.... and I picked a plain black Mini ...

Jeep Wrangler JL Terrific Aftermarket Fob I came across qr-code

ColsJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
@ColsJLU

Curious.....What model, color, etc. did you order? As a tester of the fob's, I could have had any color, logo or whatever.... and I picked a plain black Mini ...

Jeep Wrangler JL Terrific Aftermarket Fob I came across qr-code
Plain black

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon
Don't have time to read through the 35+ pages in this thread.... but want the DI Labs Fob that many are talking about...... well, for ordering a DI Labs fob(s), go here...

Do take the time to watch this video related to the DI Labs fob..... that you will surely be ordering, entitled "The Jeep Story". It is well worth the time to watch
Maybe it's time to start a thread dedicated to the Threedom fob specifically? After reading through this thread I was confused when the topic abruptly changed on page 17.

SurfJeep

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Willys
I use a real estate type door handle lockbox, clipped well out of sight under the vehicle. That safe in your pic looks interesting - but I notice the top Google hit for it is a YouTube video showing how to pick it! Looked pretty fast and easy to do with no special tool. FYI, in case you haven’t seen it.
Yeah... all locks can be picked. Those real estate lock boxes are easy to pick too and it happens fairly often. I would love to find a more secure solution. For now, this is it. I don’t take much with me in my jeep anyway. Although it would suck if they stole the Jeep itself. Or tossed my keys when the realized they weren’t getting much more than my old trunks and a tee shirt... haha

hingedthinker

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
I took the plunge. Easy call and I love that these folks understand agile product design, development, and delivery. Gimme my fobs now! :)

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
Sorry bud but my Rubicon is stock 100%
But again if or when I decide to get accessories it want be a key fob.
Thanks
Sponsored