Sponsored

Terrific Aftermarket Fob I came across

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I tried emailing them, but my email got rejected. The beta version had colored logos for the buttons, but that does not appear to be an option. I don’t use them much, but it would be nice to more easily see remote start vs panic.
@Moreace
From what I understand, eventually..... in time.... fobs that can be personalized and with buttons as you speak will be able to be ordered.. I think DI Labs is wading into this fob selling venture, very slowly... and understandably so.

@Goin2drt
These look cool but I am waiting for the integrated key version. I don't want to do a "hide a key"
That "integrated key version" may be months away, if indeed it ever does become available..
Sponsored

Adventure.AS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
If the fob battery is dead will this new fob start my Jeep in the same way the factory fob does? (i.e. holding the nose side of the key fob (side with the mechanical key) against the START/STOP ignition button and push to operate the ignition switch.)

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If the fob battery is dead will this new fob start my Jeep in the same way the factory fob does? (i.e. holding the nose side of the key fob (side with the mechanical key) against the START/STOP ignition button and push to operate the ignition switch.)
@Adventure.AS

Absolutely yes!

Because.... you easily transfer the RF chip that allows you to do this, from your stock fob to the DI Labs fob.

Do know, should you want to go back to using the stock fob, it is very easy to do..

On the top left of pic , you can see the little rectangular, RF chip holder, where you place the RF chip that you took from the stock fob..

Pic is of M+ shell
Jeep Wrangler JL Terrific Aftermarket Fob I came across Capture.JPG

Last edited:

SurfJeep

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Willys
Well, the DI Labs, Fob store is .... NOW OPEN!
https://mythreedom.com/pages/fobs-for-sale

@SurfJeep

The DI Labs, Mini Fob is very very small. It's 30% smaller then the stock fob and way way lighter.

YES, will easily fit in the Hitch Safe and even with the fob in there you will still have room for additional items..

SO, I figure you ordered a Mini... What color and texture did you decide on?

Is mini something other than M or M+? I don’t see mini on there anywhere. I ordered the M, but if there’s a smaller one, I want it.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is mini something other than M or M+? I don’t see mini on there anywhere. I ordered the M, but if there’s a smaller one, I want it.
M = Mini Looks like a little Mini coffin and is the smallest.. 8-) My Favorite!

The other offering is the M+ (Mini Plus).... DI Labs came up with the Mini Plus as it's shape is more conventional and less coffin looking... Guess not all liked the mini coffin look, so DI Labs has an offering (Mini+) that appeals more to them.

Sponsored

dunehole

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Sahara 4xe (on order), Subaru Legacy
I am in, bought one, and I don't even have my Jeep yet. But I have been dreading dealing with the giant fob.

JackA

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon; Nacho
Vehicle Showcase
Just ordered two, one Mustard Tread and one Lime Tread. We have only had our Wrangler for a couple of months and have been waiting for a more convenient Fob to come available. These are going to "fill the bill" for us. Ordered the key holder Micro, too. Not sure how it fits in or on, but for $2.00 each did not see how I could go wrong.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just ordered two, one Mustard Tread and one Lime Tread. We have only had our Wrangler for a couple of months and have been waiting for a more convenient Fob to come available. These are going to "fill the bill" for us. Ordered the key holder Micro, too. Not sure how it fits in or on, but for $2.00 each did not see how I could go wrong.
@JackA

I have one of the Micro key holders... it is real nice..

In regard to the key itself, when you take it out of the stock fob.... You can take a small finish nail and actually, easily, push/force the roll pin (retaining pin) out and free the key from that circular key holder.

After the roll pin is out the bulky circular key holder is able to be separated from the key itself.

Now, all you need to do, is insert that stock key you removed into the DI Labs key holder and re-insert the roll pin into the little hole on the key holder.. The roll pin pushes in easy and stays put...

Sounds like a process, but is easy and takes only a couple of minutes to do if that... IF you ever want to go back to stock fob, you reverse the process.

Hint: While you are changing over to the DI Labs fob, consider using a brand new/ fresh battery.

BillWorkbench

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2-door Sport S (Stock)
Occupation
IT person
I invested in the AJT. I will say that is a pain to put together. But once’s it‘s together it’s great! I like the design better then the one found above, I think it’s more “Jeep worthy“

Hint: Get a new great quality battery replacement! Don’t force the assembly and be in the mood for 10-15 min of fiddling with something. When it does go together it fits without any force, it just falls in to place. I am not looking forward to changing the battery, I might just trade in the Jeep then that happens.

DWS44

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toy Box: 2022 JLUR 392 + '17 C7 GS & '21 C8 Vettes
Occupation
CAD/IT Manager (Civil/Airport Design)
I think it’s more “Jeep worthy“
One can only assume that "Jeep worthy" was what FCA was thinking with that behemoth of a stock fob that had no other decent reason for being that big and heavy.

Personally, I much prefer "pants-pocket worthy" myself. 😁

Sponsored

Taxman

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 CJ-7, 2018 JLUR
Occupation
CPA
Vehicle Showcase
Just bought the 3-button M model in the smooth white tire tread design. $50+ hurt a little for a piece of plastic, but I’ve spent more on less.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just bought the 3-button M model in the smooth white tire tread design. $50+ hurt a little for a piece of plastic, but I’ve spent more on less.
@Taxman

IF it is any consolation..... do remember that when the day comes and you go to sell your JT, you will more likely then not, remove the RF chip and circuit board from the aftermarket fob and then re-assemble your stock fob. (Takes 5 mins)....

......THEN, you will / can, easily on this forum, FB Market, etc. resell that used aftermarket fob for well, probably about half or more of what you originally paid for it..

So, you enjoy, use and in the end, resell and re-coop much of what you spent on the goodie.. This fob is no different then a lot of aftermarket goodies you buy for a vehicle.

SurfJeep

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Willys
M = Mini Looks like a little Mini coffin and is the smallest.. 8-) My Favorite!

The other offering is the M+ (Mini Plus).... DI Labs came up with the Mini Plus as it's shape is more conventional and less coffin looking... Guess not all liked the mini coffin look, so DI Labs has an offering (Mini+) that appeals more to them.
Well, smaller is better no matter what. I took a pic of the safe this morning. It’s a tight fit.
Jeep Wrangler JL Terrific Aftermarket Fob I came across 453641CF-3045-4F74-B5B4-E5D665C306C1

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, smaller is better no matter what. I took a pic of the safe this morning. It’s a tight fit.
453641CF-3045-4F74-B5B4-E5D665C306C1.jpeg
@SurfJeep
I do believe you could get two of the DI Labs, Mini's in that Hitch Safe compartment .... seriously..