Rogueman_1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Granite Crystal 2020 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
My AJT fob came in less than a week. I assembled it and it works fantastic. And yes, there is a simple way to put it together with the battery. Took me a bit of figuring but it's actually quite easy once I figured the right way.

Jeep Wrangler JL Terrific Aftermarket Fob I came across File_000 (3)

Jeep Wrangler JL Terrific Aftermarket Fob I came across File_001 (1)

DWS44

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toy Box: 2022 JLUR 392 + '17 C7 GS & '21 C8 Vettes
Occupation
CAD/IT Manager (Civil/Airport Design)
Well, the store is open... Opened today 3/12/21.... Go now and order!!!!
Yessir...I think I had my order in about 15 minutes after I got the email! šŸ˜

Would have been even quicker, but I struggled picking between the "digital camo" and the two solid blue shades. I finally went with the "digital camo"...just looked too cool. That and a micro key holder.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
whatā€™s the difference between the M and M+ keys?
@spenat

Size and shape differentiate the two.

Not sure about your "keys? " question.. NEITHER the M or M+ have a place... a pocket, etc. to hold the key.. IF, you want to carry the key you will need to attach the key to the fob. DI Labs is selling three different "Key Holders"...

Go check out the pics and such at the store...
https://mythreedom.com/pages/fobs-for-sale

Sponsored

DC3

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Website
dilabs.cc
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT EcoDiesel, 22 Polestar
Occupation
Engineer
whatā€™s the difference between the M and M+ keys?
The M was our first design, it's the version I have. It is the smallest possible geometry. Some folks reported displeasure ;) with the coffin-shaped design (the coffin shape follows the circuit board) so we came up with a less coffin-shaped configuration, the M+. The M+ is slightly larger than the M and has a more progressive shape.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Canā€™t wait for the reviews... the key holder is, well, key. One of the primary reasons I ditched AJT and went back to stock was that the key was too hard to use on the center console.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Canā€™t wait for the reviews... the key holder is, well, key. One of the primary reasons I ditched AJT and went back to stock was that the key was too hard to use on the center console.
@OldGuyNewJeep

I thought you have Proximity?

I have Proximity and just keep a key stashed in the JL, to use when I lock the center console or glove box which is rare, rare, rare.

Part of the joy of the little DI Labs fob is that it is very tiny and it weighs next to nothing... Thanks to no key, the fob can be tiny and light...

OH, I know you hated the battery install on the AJT Designs fob.... no such issues with this offering.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™ll just keep my stock fob, I donā€™t carry keys on it and have the panic button disabled and just a strip of black super 88 tape over the key so it does not pop out and itā€™s no bother now.

Nothing wrong with innovation but for me I wonā€™t fix whatā€™s not broke to me.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
@OldGuyNewJeep

I thought you have Proximity?

I have Proximity and just keep a key stashed in the JL, to use when I lock the center console or glove box which is rare, rare, rare.

Part of the joy of the little DI Labs fob is that it is very tiny and it weighs next to nothing... Thanks to no key, the fob can be tiny and light...

OH, I know you hated the battery install on the AJT Designs fob.... no such issues with this offering.
I do have proximity, and also a soft top so I never lock my Jeep or my console. However, my wife likes to drive my little two door to the gym (at least she did before covid), because the parking lot there is a zoo and her Yukon XL is a land yacht. Anyway, she would always lock her sunglasses in the center console. (I explained that a locked console would do nothing more than encourage a thief to rip it open.)

So, long story short, my wife kept locking it and then Iā€™d have to struggle with that damn AJT to get it back open. šŸ˜‚

I also really disliked the way the AJT felt in my hand. It felt too light and plastic-y like a Happy Meal toy.

This new offering looks promising... how is the hand feel? I dislike the feel of 3D printed stuff. Does it feel like that, or more like the stock fob?

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I do have proximity, and also a soft top so I never lock my Jeep or my console. However, my wife likes to drive my little two door to the gym (at least she did before covid), because the parking lot there is a zoo and her Yukon XL is a land yacht. Anyway, she would always lock her sunglasses in the center console. (I explained that a locked console would do nothing more than encourage a thief to rip it open.)

So, long story short, my wife kept locking it and then Iā€™d have to struggle with that damn AJT to get it back open. šŸ˜‚

I also really disliked the way the AJT felt in my hand. It felt too light and plastic-y like a Happy Meal toy.

This new offering looks promising... how is the hand feel? I dislike the feel of 3D printed stuff. Does it feel like that, or more like the stock fob?
@OldGuyNewJeep

With all you are saying I doubt this fob offering would be a good fit for you so to speak.. You better stick with the stock fob... seriously...

This fob offering is way way light... it's way small.... night and day feel difference between it and the stock fob..

To me, this fob is for the guy / gal that doesn't even want to know they have the fob in their pocket........ but do keep the fob in say their little jean's watch pocket or whatever you call that little tiny pocket in front..

Would also be great for a guy or gal that wants to hang the Mini fob on their key ring with their house key, keys and Super Market scan card thingy... 8-)

Should mention that it is also a real attention getter at Jeep events, at the Jeep dealership, etc...
Everyone is wanting to see it... to feel it.... they friggin love it.. 8-)

SurfJeep

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Willys
I may have a unique interest/use for this. I lock my keys in a combination lock hitch safe 5x or more a week while Iā€˜m surfing. The current key fob barely fits and canā€™t fit anything else. Iā€™m ordering the M right now and am very hopeful it frees up real estate in the hitch safe for a credit card and drivers license.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, the DI Labs, Fob store is .... NOW OPEN!
https://mythreedom.com/pages/fobs-for-sale

I may have a unique interest/use for this. I lock my keys in a combination lock hitch safe 5x or more a week while Iā€˜m surfing. The current key fob barely fits and canā€™t fit anything else. Iā€™m ordering the M right now and am very hopeful it frees up real estate in the hitch safe for a credit card and drivers license.
@SurfJeep

The DI Labs, Mini Fob is very very small. It's 30% smaller then the stock fob and way way lighter.

YES, will easily fit in the Hitch Safe and even with the fob in there you will still have room for additional items..

SO, I figure you ordered a Mini... What color and texture did you decide on?

Moreace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I tried emailing them, but my email got rejected. The beta version had colored logos for the buttons, but that does not appear to be an option. I donā€™t use them much, but it would be nice to more easily see remote start vs panic.
Sponsored