Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T Hurricane
*PANIC*
I use it where I park in town for work. It is in sort of an ally. I am three floors up and have a good view of my Jeep, but every once in a while I will see a kid nosing around. So I hit the panic and watch them scatter. It actually sort of fun.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
I wish there was a company that could take the RFID or whatever is in my SPORTS FOB and place it on a smaller FOB that can program to my VIPER power locks. My SPORT didn't have Power Locks, I added them on my own. SO Its a pain having to worry about 2 fobs.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Snayte

I noticed on the AJT design, JL fob........that it is real obvious, that he recessed the buttons much further than stock... he undoubtedly did that intentionally... to prevent accidental activation.

It's also apparent that the panic button is recessed even a bit more. :clap:

Compare the AJT Design pic to the stock fob.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Yes, but you can't unlock the doors with just the key blade without a pair of pliers to turn it. :)
I like the idea of not having the key blade pop out all the time but I have a same-key locking gas cap. They need to figure out how to make the key blade easier to turn in a lock. Fill ups would be a greater pain then the key blade opening in my pocket all the time.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Jebiruph

Well, I turn the key blade without problem and I do not need/use pliers.

I have a small hole drilled in the end of the key blade. I have a metal key ring that goes through the hole....the key ring is what gives me / gain's me the leverage I need to turn the key to open the lock. Actually unlocks pretty easily that way... with the key ring.

cutkey.jpg
Or maybe they could just make a notch on the fob where the end of key can get inserted so the fob can be used for leverage.

Gbart

First Name
Gord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van
@Gbart : I expressed similar concerns to Adam Trunkey: the "AJT" in "AJT Designs" that makes the fob, and he assured me that no functionality, including the specific 2 things you mentioned, are compromised by using his fob over the OEM one.

...and no, the irony that a man whose last name looks like "trunk key" is in the business of making key fobs is not lost on this poster : - )

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Good to know. Thanks for clarifying that. :like:

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@jmkling
Here are the colors shown on their website..
Capture90.JPG

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I saw a post by @ajt_design on Instagram last night. This seems pretty promising. I am debating on making a preorder purchase. I had one of his fobs for my T4R, and it was a solid piece of hardware. It looks like there are a bunch of color options as well. Definitely thinking Red.. ha ha.

SmartSelect_20190327-101101_Instagram.jpg
SmartSelect_20190327-101039_Instagram.jpg
SmartSelect_20190327-101050_Instagram.jpg
I guess it beats my patented invention....

Key fob.jpeg

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Or maybe they could just make a notch on the fob where the end of key can get inserted so the fob can be used for leverage.
I have a fob with a bladed key (Ford F150). I’m on my 3rd key in 5 years because the torsional force of simply turning it in the ignition eventually breaks the blade out of the plastic body. I don’t do anything out of the ordinary and it seems that it wears the plastic parts down to where the blade eventually comes out. Maybe it’s just me, but plastic holding the metal doesn’t seem strong enough.

I actually wish the same as you do but I don’t know how feasible it is.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I guess it beats my patented invention....

Key fob.jpeg
I guess I am in violation of a patent. This is exactly what I do! lol I only had one problem. The rubber band was accross the PANIC button once and started honking the horn like mad while I was in it.

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I guess I am in violation of a patent. This is exactly what I do! lol I only had one problem. The rubber band was accross the PANIC button once and started honking the horn like mad while I was in it.
And I was going to market that Idea thinking I was the ONLY one....