Sponsored

Terrific Aftermarket Fob I came across

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Presently testing the beta, Model S+ that holds the key. Here's a pic. (No, that is not my hand)

So far, testing is going aok... a few tweaks needed (minor tweaks) on some things and the Model S+ will be ready for all to buy/enjoy/use... It's very nice, even in the beta form...

OH, also I'm also testing DI Labs door lock covers... TERRIFIC they are. The one shown is quite plain / has tread ....is one but my favorites. Fit and finish is excellent.. Snap on very firmly..

20210816_103713.jpg

20210816_122050.jpg

@crdouglass3
Update....

For those interested in the Model S+ ...... some changes are being made in the initial design of the Model S+, I am testing....

Model S+ will in the not to distant future, be made available to all..

I'm really liking the Model S+ that I am testing ...... I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the final design offering of this terrific fob...

Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
On my older GM truck fobs I took them apart and put a piece of scotch tape between the contacts. But this fob isn't made in a way to allow that. I'm thinking maybe a small non-conductive washer or a few tiny spacers, the height of the button on the circuit board, glued/siliconed to the case or cb would prevent pushing the alarm. I have no use for an alarm button. It has only caused grief and embarrassment at most inopportune times.

Hitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Willys Sport; ā€˜96 Corvette Conv.
Update....

For those interested in the Model S+ ...... some changes are being made in the initial design of the Model S+, I am testing....

Model S+ will in the not to distant future, be made available to all..

I'm really liking the Model S+ that I am testing ...... I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the final design offering of this terrific fob...

Do you happen to know if a button-less S+ will also be offered? Cause Iā€™m all over it if soā€¦

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you happen to know if a button-less S+ will also be offered? Cause Iā€™m all over it if soā€¦
@Hitch

A buttonless S+ because you want buttonless with retractable key. I can see why yo would want..

I will pass on this want/desire to the DI Labs, Team... I'm pretty confident that they can make it happen....

Hitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Hitch

A buttonless S+ because you want buttonless with retractable key. I can see why yo would want..

I will pass on this want/desire to the DI Labs, Team... I'm pretty confident that they can make it happen....
Exactly my friend. Love the factory look to boot.

Sponsored

DC3

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Website
dilabs.cc
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT EcoDiesel, 22 Polestar
Occupation
Engineer
Exactly my friend. Love the factory look to boot.
Do you have any special requests for the design on the fob? For context, the factory buttonless fob looks like a gigantic lifeless blob of plastic.... Unfortunately, the Jeep Grille or Jeep logo is not possible.

@Rhinebeck01 thanks for the ping

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Hitch
@others

I encourage you and other's with wants/desires/ideas in regard to DI Labs fobs, keyhole covers, custom badges, wiper caps, key holders, etc., to JOIN the recently created, Facebook Group.... Threedom Jeep Customization

Join and speak up .... be heard lets say.... I joined already...

Hitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you have any special requests for the design on the fob? For context, the factory buttonless fob looks like a gigantic lifeless blob of plastic.... Unfortunately, the Jeep Grille or Jeep logo is not possible.

I have to admit I am terrible at design ideas. My idea was simply a smaller lifeless blob of plastic lol. Love to see ideas!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have to admit I am terrible at design ideas. My idea was simply a smaller lifeless blob of plastic lol. Love to see ideas!
@Hitch

Small lifeless, etc. etc.. but you may have a style you want... say a Model S+ with a tire tread on it or a big pawl..... Because the fob you speak of is buttonless, the fob could have style....

Hope that you go and post what you might like..

Hitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

so my question would be is the grill or logo not possible due to trademark issues? In my mind Iā€™m thinking of a Willys logo or something but Iā€™m not sure if Iā€™d run into the same issue.

Sponsored

WilhelmSR

First Name
Wilhelm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella JLUR
@Hitch

Small lifeless, etc. etc.. but you may have a style you want... say a Model S+ with a tire tread on it or a big pawl..... Because the fob you speak of is buttonless, the fob could have style....

Hope that you go and post what you might like..
I working on a design in CAD and have a couple of different materials in mind I am going to test (Hard Plastic, to a soft rubber that does not deform but can take a lot of abuse) I like the look of these here but want more of an eas of use for the key as I lock my glove box and console all the time and don't want to drop the key.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I working on a design in CAD and have a couple of different materials in mind I am going to test (Hard Plastic, to a soft rubber that does not deform but can take a lot of abuse) I like the look of these here but want more of an eas of use for the key as I lock my glove box and console all the time and don't want to drop the key.
@WilhelmSR

Would be interesting to see what you come up with.....

Serious doubts that your 3D printer can come even close to coming up with the caliber of stuff printed by the very pricey printer(s) that say DI Labs has...

Have you seen pics of the Model S+ .... that has retractable key?

WagzDad

First Name
Carroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
A couple questions.
1. does the dead fob start function still work?
2. is the key loop plastic or metal? Durable?
3. ok, the durable made 3.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple questions.
1. does the dead fob start function still work?
2. is the key loop plastic or metal? Durable?
3. ok, the durable made 3.
@WagzDad

You are talkig out of context..... Which fob are you talking about...

Anyway, with any an all DI Labs fobs ......the fob itself, inside....has a small holder to hold the RFID chip.
This RFID holder with holding the RFID chip is located at the end of the fob.

YES, dead circuit board, dead battery and you can take the end of the DI LAbs fob(s) and press it firmly against the start button while hold the brake pedal down firmly and the JL will start and is driveable/usable just as you can with a stock JL/JT fob.

The key loop on each DI Labs fob is made of the same very "Durable Engineered Plastic" as the rest of the fob is...... Can tell you the key loop is not just going to break off....

By the way... as a tester of the fobs, I get them and step on them, throw them on the floor, twist the key aggressively that is attached to the king ring, hit them repeatedly on a hard table and more just so I can give them a good workout / test..... THAT IS WHAT A GOOD TESTER DOES .......
Anyway, the fobs are very stout/durable..

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well the time has come!!! You can now pre-order the DI Labs Model S+ . They will start shipping on 10/23/21.

Can tell you the S+ fob is way cool... Has retractable key and the slider lock is excellent.

The Model S+ which uses the stock button pad is quite a bit smaller then the stock JL/JT fob.

The Model S+ comes in different textures and patterns to include smooth...

Can tell you the Model S+ is a pleasure to have... to use..!

Go here to order/pre-order:
https://mythreedom.com/products/model-splus-black
Jeep Wrangler JL Terrific Aftermarket Fob I came across 8888

Jeep Wrangler JL Terrific Aftermarket Fob I came across S+

Jeep Wrangler JL Terrific Aftermarket Fob I came across 20210816_103713

@crdouglass3
Sponsored

Last edited: