Terrific Aftermarket Fob I came across

Rhinebeck01

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr. Rubi
I was one of the very first with the AJT Designs fob.

Adam Truckney actually sent me out different goodies to evaluate. I used the AJT fobs for geeeez, about 2 yrs.. Adam was terrific to deal with...

As soon as I tested the DI Labs fob(s) though, I right away, sold all my AJT Design fobs..

As for the soft buttons that you can get with the AJT Designs fob...... to me even they are hard.

Anyway, no way would I ever go back to the AJT Designs fob.....
------------------
DI Labs fobs.......

My JL has Proximity... All my DI Labs fobs work exactly the same range wise as the stock fob.

My go to fobs are a black, smooth buttonless Mini and a smooth, black Model S that I have set up with my 4 button stock pad.. BOTH are very very nice...

The buttonless is my kickin around fob ... I set it up using a cannibalized circuit board I had.. I actually amputated/excised the buttons off a 4 button fob circuit board that had one bad button and had been replaced by the dealer. Dealer let me keep the defective one.

The Model S is my go to when I want to use/have remote start, and kinda the feel of the stock fob... but not use the frigggin clunky stock fob. It's real nice.

The Model S uses the stock fob key pad so it is, in reality.... a smaller footprint stock fob... has no key with it. It's very very nice.... When I go the the stealership I have many that love the Model S and as many that love the Mini's I have..

Anyway, the DI Labs fobs all are a pleasure as far as I'm concerned.... SO so glad that DI Labs is offering them and they had me as a tester.... Well worth the $ and I would have no problem paying for them..

Advertisement

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
Ordered a translucent Model M. Will be stoked to get rid of that big @ss key fob!

Last edited:

Rhinebeck01

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr. Rubi
Ordered a translucent Model M. Will be stoked to get rid of that big @ss key fob!
@jhackathorne

You will love the Di Labs, M offering. Will ship to you pretty quickly. Will come with a black screw and a real decent Torx driver to use when disassembling your stock fob and assembling the M.

I would have a new, quality, fresh, CR2450 battery to use...
Assembly and Battery insertion is so easy easy.

For those that ordered the Model S on DI Labs first round of selling the Model S, DI Labs told me today that those Model S's are in production with expected ship date of 6/25/21... this Friday.

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
Man I wonder if anyone makes a case for the board inside the fob just to for the push button start for us sport folks.

In an ideal world to me, I would have a plastic case just for the board and battery. And then put the metal key on a ring or something so I can still turn it to unlock the jeep.

Rhinebeck01

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr. Rubi
Man I wonder if anyone makes a case for the board inside the fob just to for the push button start for us sport folks.

In an ideal world to me, I would have a plastic case just for the board and battery. And then put the metal key on a ring or something so I can still turn it to unlock the jeep.
@CptFloridaMan

i.e. The buttonless DI labs fob. The fob is merely a container for the stock circuit board, the battery and the RFID chip.. You hang the key on the fob .

Shop here: https://mythreedom.com/pages/model-m-no-button-options

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0

Rhinebeck01

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr. Rubi
Holy crap I think that’s gonna be single handedly the best mod for the jeep thanks for the link. :like:
@CptFloridaMan

You'll really appreciate the M (Mini). Way way way small. Fits ... gets lost so to speak.... in your jeans, coin pocket.

You will need a little zipper pull or lanyard on it.... to use to retrieve from your coin pocket.

When you order, do order one of the 3 available key holders.

Rhinebeck01

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr. Rubi
Received and assembled another Model S today.... it was shipped with the other S's that went out late last week from Di Labs when the 1st round of S's shipped..

Each time I assemble a Model S fob, I say to myself ... Geeeeeez.... DI Labs sure has done a nice job on the design and production of the S.

The quality is there.... the feel is there..... just a top notch offering.... a really really nice fob ....

Using the stock button pad and how well DI labs incorporated it into the S fob design is something else.... again really nice..

Well worth the $....

My Model S.jpg

@crdouglass3

Last edited:

PeeCeeJunior

First Name
Ben
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
I've had the AJT for 2 years and have really liked it, but holy cow that DI Labs fob looks so much easier to put together. Trying to get the battery installed correctly on the AJT was a pain in the ass.

Rhinebeck01

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr. Rubi
I've had the AJT for 2 years and have really liked it, but holy cow that DI Labs fob looks so much easier to put together. Trying to get the battery installed correctly on the AJT was a pain in the ass.
@PeeCeeJunior

Everyone that I have shown the DI Labs to locally,and (Many) that I have given a chance to feel/experience the DI Labs fob, has immediately ordered one or more DI Labs fobs.. Even the few guys and one gal that were using an AJT Designs fob. They all tell me they love the fob!

There is just such a difference for the better between the two fob offerings... While both offerings are far better then the stock fob, the Di Labs fob, is geeeeez.... just terrific... the pick of the litter.

Sure placement / install of the battery is easy easy with the Di Labs fob but also the assembly of same in general is little kids doable lets say... An 8 yr. old could assemble the DI Labs fob.

I encourage you to order a DI Labs fob.... I can tell you that you will be posting back that the DI Labs fob is light years nicer then the AJT... and that battery install was so easy easy...

PeeCeeJunior

First Name
Ben
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport

@PeeCeeJunior

Everyone that I have shown the DI Labs to locally,and (Many) that I have given a chance to feel/experience the DI Labs fob, has immediately ordered one or more DI Labs fobs.. Even the few guys and one gal that were using an AJT Designs fob. They all tell me they love the fob!

There is just such a difference for the better between the two fob offerings... While both offerings are far better then the stock fob, the Di Labs fob, is geeeeez.... just terrific... the pick of the litter.

Sure placement / install of the battery is easy easy with the Di Labs fob but also the assembly of same in general is little kids doable lets say... An 8 yr. old could assemble the DI Labs fob.

I encourage you to order a DI Labs fob.... I can tell you that you will be posting back that the DI Labs fob is light years nicer then the AJT... and that battery install was so easy easy...
I’ll have to give it a shot. I still have one Jeep jerrycan fob that annoys me to no end every time I need to use it.

Rhinebeck01

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr. Rubi
@jhackathorne

Could you post a pic here of your Model M. I would like to see a translucent M..

I found a pic of a translucent Model S .... but it is a pic of the front side so I can not see how well the circuit board shows through..

z11.jpeg

KrispyKotex

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Rubicon
Occupation
USN Submariner (ret), IT Analyst/Network Engineer
I had the 3 button M+ but the panic button was too sensitive. I run with nothing else in my pockets except the fob, and my alarm would go off about once or twice a week. I gave it to my wife, but the same thing happened to her several times, so I switched back to regular fob and gave the M+ away. I emailed them and they told me it had been thoroughly vetted and gave me some ideas how to counteract this from happening. I'm not bashing them here, but I'm saying in my case....I thought the panic button was way too sensitive. The fob itself was a great idea though. Maybe should have went with the model S?

Advertisement

Tazer JL - Z Automotive

Advertisement