Matt
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 billet silver JLUR, '16 Grand Cherokee Overland, '12 BMW 328i cab
Occupation
Power Generation
Vehicle Showcase
Another spy photo... ;)

For those that are wondering how this NEW aftermarket, mini fob addresses the battery... with this brand aftermarket fob, no fooling with the battery to get it in place like with the other brand aftermarket brand..

Just place the battery in the designated cradle and close the fob up....
Capture000.JPG
Alright, you've been teasing us long enough......when are they going to take my damn money??

Advertisement

Rhinebeck01

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr. Rubi
Alright, you've been teasing us long enough......when are they going to take my damn money??
@Buckster

Yeah, I'm getting antsy too... 8-) I do believe early next week, they will be up for sale... Only reason I'm posting about them as I am all jazzed up about them...

Taxman

First Name
Alex
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 CJ-7, 2018 JLUR
Occupation
CPA
Vehicle Showcase

Hound Dog

First Name
Don
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ Rustomatic
How much have you invested in the setup and molds for this venture so far? Were you able to outsource the base manufacturing to an offshore company or did you manage it in house?

crdouglass3

First Name
Carl
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 2020 Gladiator
How much have you invested in the setup and molds for this venture so far? Were you able to outsource the base manufacturing to an offshore company or did you manage it in house?
Assuming you are referring to the most recent fob photos......These aren't molded but printed using industrial 3D printers (we call it additive manufacturing - 3D printing's big brother). They are made from sintered nylon powder (PA12). We have made a significant design investment and will be producing them in Minnesota. The only component that's made off-shore is the T6 Torx driver provided with the kit.

I started the project because I hated my fob (I have a Gladiator), and it grew from a pet project into a full-blown initiative with trusted beta testers and dozens of design iterations. It's still a passion project and we are enjoying working with the beta testers and incorporating their feedback into our designs.

Ultimately, we came up with the smallest fob possible without changing the battery or factory circuit board.

roaniecowpony

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Carl,
What do you do with the metal emergency key?

Rhinebeck01

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr. Rubi

roaniecowpony

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
While we are all waiting patiently🤬, I have a question.

I bought a couple 2nd hand fobs a couple years ago. I'm wondering if anyone has had a local key shop reprogram a JL fob?

ColsJLU

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Already 100% interested - but curious if they will make one that deletes the panic button. I've no need for it, just goes off when I'm leaning against something inside, usually right after I get the kid to bed...

roaniecowpony

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Already 100% interested - but curious if they will make one that deletes the panic button. I've no need for it, just goes off when I'm leaning against something inside, usually right after I get the kid to bed...
You can put a piece of Scotch tape between the contacts when you change out your fob housings.

Advertisement

Tri-City Jeep

Advertisement