First Name
Montgomery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Occupation
Retired Master Certified RV Tech
I think you can but you need to contact one of the admins to do it.
Ok, know this is out there, but providing it for the "oh cr**p" factor when all else fails. First the CEL code is a new one on me, but the freezing Wheel speed/sensor seems like the culprit. What I would have done it go out and disconnect the negative battery cable and wait one minute then put it back in place. Why, well, the Jeep has computers all over the place, that process in effect "reboots" them all, most likely would have cleared the issue. Would not have cleared any codes in system, but would have fixed that one I would bet. You would not have lost any radio settings, or even cell phone set into memory as it seems that part of the system has some internal battery backup.
Why I Know - We left jeep home this past fall and took the other car, were gone from home 4.5 months. I disconnected the negative battery cable from jeep for that period, taking out the battery was too much work. Got home, connected it back and it started right up. All cell phones and station presets were still in radio's memory.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase

Jeeptimus Prime

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR
Ah, the new model year blues. Of course things like this happen to a relatively small percentage of customers but that doesn't make those with issues feel any better about it. I was expecting issues would revolve around software/ECU but it appears some tranny leaks too since several have reported pink fluid shown.

On occasion I would get similar issue to OPs with a new car that only happens once then never again. I figure it is the ECU flipping out since I didn't drive the vehicle far enough for it to learn my driving habits before doing some off road stuff or anything more extreme than normal. As some have said, I would usually disconnect the battery and see how it goes afterward but with the dual battery setup, not so easy.

From what I have seen so far the new JL radiator fan goes all out while off road which some have observed too, really loud. Perhaps more computer related issues so never hurts to invest in a diagnostic car code reader to show the shop when needed.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Regarding the radiator fan...

The other day my wife remote started the Jeep. She had left the temp setting low so the A/C was on, since the A/C was on and it was remote started the fan kicked on. Holy crap... when I opened that garage door I thought a tornado was in there. You want to talk about sucking air!
The JK was known for poor air flow under the hood. That's why there are side vents and probably why the secondary fan has a nuclear power plant running it.

Also if you remote start and it is cold out the computer senses that and automatically puts on the rear defrost and the front one. The air blowing out of the front defrost sounds like a tornado as well. Once the door is opened the blower stops but the rear defrost is left on. I guess it's not a bad idea, it's trying to be proactive since it is cold out.

Sponsored

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Nuclear power plants are very quiet, to be honest.

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Nuclear power plants are very quiet, to be honest.
Understood, however I'm pretty sure he was referring to the amount of power required to keep that fan going at 4 billion rpm.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Understood, however I'm pretty sure he was referring to the amount of power required to keep that fan going at 4 billion rpm.
In my best Ed McMann voice... "You are correct sir!, a ha ha ha"

BigLew

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevrolet Bolt Premier, 2021 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Retired-Banking-Insurance-Coal Miner-Maintenance...a bit of everything! :)
I had similar lights come in on my '11 JKU and cleared as well, until finally the wheel speed sensor shit the bed and had to be replaced. Felt like the brakes were partially engaging at random times as I drove down the interstate. Weird stuff.
I had something similar happen to my 2013 JKU....I was pulling into a parking spot and one wheel started to spin,
everything just shut down....and every light on the dash stayed on. I could not get it started, so I left it sit for
a few hours and tried again, nada....nothing....just all the lights on the dashboard lit. I called and the dealer
had it towed about 10 miles.....it sat there overnight and the next day it started right up....they could find no codes
either....and they tried to bill me for the tow! Not happening ....I went in and saw the GM....I was pretty ticked, GM
was fine with the dealer eating the tow bill. Brand new 2013 and something like that happens.

Sponsored

EROCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Trail Rated requires the Reliability Group, which FCA reserves the right to discontinue at any time.
:cwl:
Another issue is you may want to consider changing your user name.

I can't decide if it makes me horny or hungry but either way it is awkward.
:cwl::cwl:

So...much..funny

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
:cwl:

"I can't decide if it makes me horny or hungry but either way it is awkward."

:cwl::cwl:

So...much..funny
What was amazing was the nice Jeep Cares lady responding to HotButterybuns without blinking an eye.

Hats off to JeepCares for being willing to dive into these hornets nests

Jeeptimus Prime

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR
Im just curious if the loud radiator fan is due to how the radiator fan blades are designed?!? I doubt it is spinning faster than the JK or most vehicles but the blade or shroud design may be to blame for such a ruckus...hmmm?

OP
OP

Butterybunz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2017 Ford Fiesta ST & Fiat 500x Trekking Plus
That's a good looking Sport. That is the base Sport with manual windows and steel wheels?

What options do you have? Looks like hardtop, LSD and tow package.
You are correct!

PVAnyIX.jpg
Sponsored