Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

The retooled Toledo North Assembly Plant (TNAP) is gearing up for the launch of the next-gen 2018 Jeep Wrangler (JL and JLU) and FCA has begun constructing a terrain course on the grounds of the plant.

As we all know, in May of this year the company placed a covered Jeep Wrangler to create early buzz for the 2018 JL Wrangler. Now with this new terrain course it appears very likely that FCA is planning something fun for the JL debut right in front of the assembly plant which will be building the next Wrangler.

We're keeping an eye out for the Job 1 production dates and the expected LA auto show reveal for the party to begin at TNAP!

toledoplant-2018-jeep-wrangler-jl-9.jpg

toledoplant-2018-jeep-wrangler-jl-8.jpg

toledoplant-2018-jeep-wrangler-jl-5.jpg

toledoplant-2018-jeep-wrangler-jl-4.jpg

toledoplant-2018-jeep-wrangler-jl-6.jpg

toledoplant-2018-jeep-wrangler-jl-10.jpg

toledoplant-2018-jeep-wrangler-jl-11.jpg

toledoplant-2018-jeep-wrangler-jl-1.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tuttle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Can't wait! :rock: It'd be cool if they have the first JL roll off the line and drive it straight out the plant to climb some hills.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Queue the "My Honda Prelude can do THAT course" comments. :bandit:

It's interesting, I'm pretty certain they will use it for some Press invite day to visit the plant and see the JL(U) prior to official press launch, and have them test one before writing their launch articles.

When I visited the plant in 2013 they were talking about building something like that as a "Jeep Experience" off-road centre for enthusiasts visiting the plant, re-using some of their prior testing ground across the street/ Stickney Ave on the other side of the plant. Hopefully this setup rekindles that idea.

Should make an interesting live display, would be even cooler if it were self-driving JL(U) in a loop day/night like a giant off-road slot-car / HotWheels track... :captain:

... but keeping them fueled would be a pain even if electric... though the could have them alternate with one driving while the other was stopped on a charge pad... :idea:

Get on it FCA... make it happen. :rock:

doh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 wrangler
Queue the "My Honda Prelude can do THAT course" comments. :bandit:
Here i'll get that started

Jeep Wrangler JL Terrain course at Toledo plant for JL Wrangler launch {filename}

...it needs to be at least twice that size! :cwl: heck we've already seen it on the sand dunes doing much worse

but for real very exciting and it's starting to feel real after such a long wait. i second the continuous loop idea, make it a full day of Nascar for the JL lol

Sponsored

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
How do we know that's for the JL? And if it is, does this mean we'd be seeing it sooner than LA?

AgingTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Wrangler, 04 SV 650
How do we know that's for the JL? And if it is, does this mean we'd be seeing it sooner than LA?
Hahaha! It's not, it's for the Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody.

E in DC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Jeep Cherokee (2 door)
Vehicle Showcase
I looked into taking a tour at the plant there once. As far as I could tell, they don’t offer anything to the public. My kids (and I) we’re kind of bummed. Anyone know if they actually do offer anything like that?

Sponsored

ArcherAce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ, WJ, Challenger SRT, 300S, Triumph Bonneville
There has been a small course at the plant for years. It was used to give rides to employees and their families during the employee picnic.

There are now three courses on site. Two off road and one in a parking lot.

Bullring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
There has been a small course at the plant for years. It was used to give rides to employees and their families during the employee picnic.

There are now three courses on site. Two off road and one in a parking lot.
Do you know if they are planning on something big on 11/13, if that date is correct? I think we're all dying to see it before the LA show so hopefully something before then.
Sponsored