Sponsored

Terraflex JLU 4-Door: 3.5” Sport ST3 Suspension System w/ Falcon 3.3 Fast Adjust

dgriffin1671

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Looking for opinions specifically on this lift. My JLU is a daily driver kept on pavement 90% of the time, so I dont want to lose a lot of that tight handling that it has now. Mainly taken off road for camping, and occasional trail riding. Usually nothing too extreme.
Anyone have it?
Installed it yourself? Any issues?
How does it perform on the street?
Are the Falcon 3.3 shocks worth the upgrade expense.
Sponsored

Darkness

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited MOAB
Vehicle Showcase
OK, since nobody is jumping on this let me give it a whirl. I have the ST2 with Falcon 3.1s and I added 0.5" spacers(MOAB needs a bit more room for 37s) so I am pretty close height wise to what you are proposing and its Teraflex gear so its the same. Installed in one day. I added a front driveshaft, 4.88s, JKS front track bar and Rancho rear to get everything more lined up and beefier.

I think I would have just got 2.1's in hindsight because of the amount of inner fender you have to trim out in front for the reservoir. Especially if street driving is primary. You can always add crazy shocks later.

Short answer, it drives great on the street and off-road but you will notice that its lifted (don't know if you have experience with Wranglers and opinions vary widely on "how it drives" post lift from any vendor no matter how complete a kit) I had a '04 TJS that we put a 4" Long arm from Full Traction on and I swear to this day, I have never driven a Jeep that rode better on and off road, did a Long arm Rancho on a '13 JKUR and it performed amazingly but the 37s tore up the front steering components pretty quickly(death wobble) and led to a lot more parts(tie rod, draglink, track bars).

I say all that to get to the point of how big do you want to go and what are you willing to do to make it drive perfectly.

If you can live with a tire smaller than a 37, the ST2 or anything really will allow for 35s on your Rubi and the less you lift it, the less will need to be done to make it perfect.

If you insist on 37's, the ST3 will clear them and drive fine, but you will want to either replace both track bars (or brackets), front driveshaft, gears, lower and upper front control arms and lower rears. Otherwise, problems will arise with mileage. The more complete kits from Rock Krawler, EVO, MetalCloak will all be better overall but that's why they cost what they do.

fullsizeoutput_8353.jpeg

OP
OP
dgriffin1671

dgriffin1671

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon
OK, since nobody is jumping on this let me give it a whirl. I have the ST2 with Falcon 3.1s and I added 0.5" spacers(MOAB needs a bit more room for 37s) so I am pretty close height wise to what you are proposing and its Teraflex gear so its the same. Installed in one day. I added a front driveshaft, 4.88s, JKS front track bar and Rancho rear to get everything more lined up and beefier.

I think I would have just got 2.1's in hindsight because of the amount of inner fender you have to trim out in front for the reservoir. Especially if street driving is primary. You can always add crazy shocks later.

Short answer, it drives great on the street and off-road but you will notice that its lifted (don't know if you have experience with Wranglers and opinions vary widely on "how it drives" post lift from any vendor no matter how complete a kit) I had a '04 TJS that we put a 4" Long arm from Full Traction on and I swear to this day, I have never driven a Jeep that rode better on and off road, did a Long arm Rancho on a '13 JKUR and it performed amazingly but the 37s tore up the front steering components pretty quickly(death wobble) and led to a lot more parts(tie rod, draglink, track bars).

I say all that to get to the point of how big do you want to go and what are you willing to do to make it drive perfectly.

If you can live with a tire smaller than a 37, the ST2 or anything really will allow for 35s on your Rubi and the less you lift it, the less will need to be done to make it perfect.

If you insist on 37's, the ST3 will clear them and drive fine, but you will want to either replace both track bars (or brackets), front driveshaft, gears, lower and upper front control arms and lower rears. Otherwise, problems will arise with mileage. The more complete kits from Rock Krawler, EVO, MetalCloak will all be better overall but that's why they cost what they do.

fullsizeoutput_8353.jpeg
Wow, thanks for the thorough response. Exactly what I wanted to know.
Sponsored