Sponsored

Terra Acoustics vs Traditional Upgrade

Rubicon JLB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
So, I've been eyeing, and on the wait list for, the Terra Acoustics "Soundstage Speaker Upgrade Kit" (henceforth known as the SSUK, because I'm a child) for several months now. They keep sending updates that tell me just how long I've been on the wait list, which got me wondering: how much better is this upgrade than a traditional speaker swap? When I say "traditional speaker swap" I'm thinking something along the line of a Kenwood Excelon KFC-X3C that I saw featured in a JT upgrade video.

I know many will say, "audio is like wine, everyone has different preferences." True, but the $250 bottle has to be quite a bit better than the $80 bottle, right? Has anyone compared upgrade to upgrade, rather than just upgrade to stock?

Any guidance is welcome and appreciated.
Hi there. I just installed the Terra pack in my 392 up front. I had some Dark Side of the Moon playing while install (cause why not) pausing for connections.
I have to say that it was well worth the wait and money.
hard to explain in writing, but the difference is REMARKABLE.
I’m wondering what to do with the rear speakers and why don’t they have something to match the whole car. Something I will gladly do. It would be totally amazing given the quality of these speakers.
Sponsored

OP
OP
TheDukeofLark

TheDukeofLark

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR M/T
Hi there. I just installed the Terra pack in my 392 up front. I had some Dark Side of the Moon playing while install (cause why not) pausing for connections.
I have to say that it was well worth the wait and money.
hard to explain in writing, but the difference is REMARKABLE.
I’m wondering what to do with the rear speakers and why don’t they have something to match the whole car. Something I will gladly do. It would be totally amazing given the quality of these speakers.
I was able to do the TA upgrade a few months ago. I will say I agree that they are better, but I don't know that I saw the same "wow" factor that you and others saw*. I heard much more defined highs, so things like hi-hats, piano comps, etc. came through better, but otherwise things were pretty standard. That said, I would still do them again if I had another Jeep, and I think they are the best option for plug-and-play upgrades.

For reference, here is my setup:
JLUR
V6
Premium Soft top - *This extra noise over a hard top might be the reason
non-Alpine stereo
Back and forth between SXM and Spotify

Regarding the rear speaker situation, Terra actually addressed that:
The Terra Acoustics Way - Less is More.

BKLYNJeep23

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting Patiently
I was on the waitlist for a bit. Got them and installed them. Definitely a noticeable difference, but what it made me want to do is upgrade the whole system. Once I saw how good it could sound.

Hpc3

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler(s)
I was on the waitlist for a bit. Got them and installed them. Definitely a noticeable difference, but what it made me want to do is upgrade the whole system. Once I saw how good it could sound.
They are a gateway drug to the MBQuart setup (sitting in boxes in my garage right now). Good luck lol.

TMD78

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Back again with JL#3, 2 door Willys
If anyone has an order code they received and won’t be buying them, please PM me thanks! I have no idea what the expected wait is at this point.

Sponsored

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
I did the TA upgrade and recently added the Select Increment Kicker upgrade, together they’re a great improvement. I’m sure the MBQuart system is a great sounding system, but this is a nice interim.

mrtm1970

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I did the TA upgrade and recently added the Select Increment Kicker upgrade, together they’re a great improvement. I’m sure the MBQuart system is a great sounding system, but this is a nice interim.
@TX_Ovrlnd

What is the Select Increment Kicker Upgrade and to what speakers?

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker

Apples491

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR in Hydro Blue, 2004 Lexus GX470
If anyone has an order code they received and won’t be buying them, please PM me thanks! I have no idea what the expected wait is at this point.
The wait last year was a few months. You don't get charged until you get the email. Absolutely no commitment until you click order, so might as well just get in line.

roachman313

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Hi all....brand new to this group and pretty new to the Jeep life. Just got a 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon about a month ago. So still trying to tweak a few things to my liking. My new passion is trying to upgrade my sound system.

I have the base sound system. So far I have installed the Stinger Heigh10 and looking to upgrade the sound bar to the Alpine SPV-65-JLT. I had them installed but one of the speakers was defective and now waiting for my replacement.

I then started looking at upgrading my fronts and came across these Terra Acoustics. I really like the look of it. So I am on the waitlist as per yesterday. Unless anyone has a spot that they didn't use...lol.

Anyways..do you think the 2 speaker sets will sound ok together? Is there something else I should look at instead? Also I need a nice sub before I am done. I do not care to wake up the whole neighborhood but I would like a little bass to the music I listen to.

Thanks for any help

Mike

Sponsored

BKLYNJeep23

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting Patiently
They are a gateway drug to the MBQuart setup (sitting in boxes in my garage right now). Good luck lol.
I’m literally stalking g the MB quart right now lol. Just don’t like putting amps under the seats. Feel like people will kick them.

Hpc3

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler(s)
I’m literally stalking g the MB quart right now lol. Just don’t like putting amps under the seats. Feel like people will kick them.
They are very tightly tucked in honestly. The cables are a little visible depending on angle but they are 4-5" up under the seat from the rear. Would be hard to kick I think.

BKLYNJeep23

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting Patiently
They are very tightly tucked in honestly. The cables are a little visible depending on angle but they are 4-5" up under the seat from the rear. Would be hard to kick I think.
Did you do the install? A pic would be awesome if you have one.