First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Clubs

All

Been talking to some installers and have it down to to Teraflex and Metalcloak (and technically Mopar also but I think I've moved past them).

Metalcloak seems pretty popular here and elsewhere as a quality brand. Teraflex seems to maybe have once been popular, but for whatever reason seems to have a lost a little favor lately (in some of the searching I've done).

If anyone has any insights on either of these, or a comparison of either of these I'd love to hear them as I get closer to making my choice.
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
@chevymitchell is a big Teraflex fan and has installed a bunch of them. Maybe he will weigh in.

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
They're both great brands. I use Teraflex because they've in the Jeep business for so long and they're ingrained into the Jeep brand so deep, that they're the obvious choice for me, personally.

You can't go wrong with either.

chewieHVT

First Name
MV
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Sport S
I have the 2.5 Metalcloak with dual rate springs and Rockport long travel shocks. It rides better than stock with no swaying. I haven't had a Teraflex kit, but wouldn't be surprised if they are fantastic, too.

Sponsored

X99104

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR, 88 YJ, 78 CJ-7 304
The best I can tell is the TeraFlex tends to be a bit more stiff. I didn't buy the jeep for the ride and prefer the feel. I don't regret running the Teraflex

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The only experience I have with Teraflex is when I was researching a lift for my Jeep. If you go with the Teraflex, I suggest you get the control arms with their IR bushings. Their regular control arm bushings are the same as what's in the stock Jeep control arms (Clevite rubber bushings bonded to an inner metal sleeve). I decided to go with Rock Krawler over Teraflex, mainly due to the design of the control arms and bushings.

The Clevite bushings are fine for a street driven Jeep. They are not good when you off road frequently though. The bushings don't like a lot of flex and twisting as the rubber will rip/tear away from the inner sleeve. Once this happens, the bushings are junk and allow movement at the joint in a way where there shouldn't be any movement.

gbr

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I had Teraflex 2.5" on my JK. It was a great lift, the ride got better and the Jeep handled great. For my JL I switched to a MetalCloak 3.5". I gotta say, this is a great lift. The flex from their Duroflex joint is awesome, and they are (relatively) easily maintainable.

I'd go Metalcloak again.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

i think people started backing off teraflex when they started out sourcing products. when i found that out i opted to get the JKS kit as its made in the USA. i also believe meta is USA made with a very good rep for flex and customer service

sarum87

First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 CJ 7
Vehicle Showcase
I'm running the 3.5" Metalcloak Game Changer with ADS shocks on my 2 door Rubicon. I really like it and would buy it again. Fit and finish of the lift is excellent. I was sold by their joints and how they articulate off road. Have been very happy with the off road and on road performance.

Sponsored

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
The best I can tell is the TeraFlex tends to be a bit more stiff. I didn't buy the jeep for the ride and prefer the feel. I don't regret running the Teraflex
The stiff TeraFlex ride most complain about is not the springs as much as the shocks. I'm running a Frankenstein lift of TeraFlex springs, Fox 2.0 shocks, and Core 4X4 arms. No stiffness, and soaks up RR tracks at speed so smooth it still amazes me. To toss a monkey wrench into you search, if looking at those two do yourself a favor and look at the Clayton Overland with some Fox shocks.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
All

Been talking to some installers and have it down to to Teraflex and Metalcloak (and technically Mopar also but I think I've moved past them).

Metalcloak seems pretty popular here and elsewhere as a quality brand. Teraflex seems to maybe have once been popular, but for whatever reason seems to have a lost a little favor lately (in some of the searching I've done).

If anyone has any insights on either of these, or a comparison of either of these I'd love to hear them as I get closer to making my choice.

Both MetalCloak and Teraflex are great companies and I have products from both. Suspension wise, I am very happy with the Teraflex IR arms. I married 8 Teraflex IR control arms & their rear trackbar relocation bracket to a 2" Mopar lift (netted 2.25"), along with full Steer Smarts (draglink, trackbar & tie rod) front setup and could not be happier! For me, and for a Rubi 2-door on 35's this combo, both on and off road, seems perfect!

If I had a 4-door, I would probably be looking at a 3"-3.5" lift and 37's...A lot of great options out there for JLU's, not quite the same for those wanting a 2" lift for JL's...

AzCritter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 392
I had Teraflex 2.5" on my JK. It was a great lift, the ride got better and the Jeep handled great. For my JL I switched to a MetalCloak 3.5". I gotta say, this is a great lift. The flex from their Duroflex joint is awesome, and they are (relatively) easily maintainable.

I'd go Metalcloak again.
Did you have to buy a new driveshaft?