Sponsored

Teraflex Track Bars, Who’s had no issue on your JL?

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Curious to why the sudden wave of damage control on this board ? Or is that classified too…..? Could of used it a year ago, probably would have kept a few more customers in your camp.…. Just sayin……
Exactly this
Sponsored

TeraFlex

First Name
TeraFlex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teraflex.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT, JK
The intention of posting the information with the note of updated parts is to help and provide insight to anyone that has one of our track bars. Having a better understanding insight on how/why the track bar behaves the way they did while stopping the spread of misinformation regarding them ultimately helps out both us and the end user. We've had the updated parts on hand to send out to anyone that has a noise complaint for a few months now, but we understand not everyone is going to call us directly with that complaint/question to have it addressed. Putting the info out there on this forum helps with transparency on end to so customer's don't feel left out in the dry and "stuck" at the end of the day, which is important to us.

The gap in responses over the past months was not something we desired on our end; Covid hit us hard here in Utah and we lost the ability to be on this forum during that time. Going forward from now our goal is to to be able to provide more info and insight to the best ability on our products; and to answer any question that may want to be asked.

P&PJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

To help clear up some confusion and misconceptions, I can help provide some info on our track bar design. On the axle side joint on our track bar there is a centering pin in the joint that limits the rotation of the joint to prevent it from over rotating. With the track bar being fully/properly tightened and installed, the track bar will be able to rotate and "rock" slightly from the front of the Jeep to the rear. This is so the joints will not bind/break as the suspension cycles during normal driving or off road.

As some customers have noticed, this can on occasion create a "popping" or clunking noise that can be heard while moving the track bar by hand or during certain suspension movements. This type of noise is typical for a heim style joint of this style and is normal.

However, regarding that noise we understand it is not always a desirable thing to hear as it can create concern and be misdiagnosed as a faulty part. As a result we updated the joints to a rubber cleveite style version that eliminates the noise and isolates the track bar from rotating. Any JL/JT front track bar manufactured from November 2021 and later will have this updated joint in them. If anyone has one of our front track bars with the heim joints and would like to update them, please feel free to reach out to us and we can get them taken care of.
How do I get my front track bar taken care of. A shop in St George, UT installed one this spring.

TeraFlex

First Name
TeraFlex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teraflex.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT, JK

Sponsored

TeraFlex

First Name
TeraFlex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teraflex.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT, JK
Where are your components manufactured these days?
It varies per part and item. Our Falcon shocks are 100% machined, built, and hand assembled here in West Jordan Utah, along with all of our axles and quite a few of our brackets/control arms. With that in mind, it does vary per kit. We do our best to use local suppliers here in Utah and around the United States as much as possible. Things like our powder coatings, packaging, hardware, and a bunch of other items etc are all locally sourced from near us. We do source parts globally on a few different items like a few of the forged and cast pieces, as we use suppliers that meet our quality control and material standards to ensure the best long term product and usage. Everything is QC'd, engineered, tested, packaged and shipped right here in Utah regardless of place of origin.

P&PJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Here's a picture of what they will look like, with the updated joint on the left and the original joint design on the right side. We've been shipping out the updated ones for just over a month, so it will depend on the dealer/vendor's inventory stock turn over times. If one was to receive a track bar with the original version joints, they can be easy updated free of charge if they reached out to us directly.

Track bar joint difference (2).jpg
How do you install the new bushings?

TeraFlex

First Name
TeraFlex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teraflex.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT, JK
How do you install the new bushings?
The bushings/joints can be removed and installed using using a hydraulic press/shop press, a ball joint remover tool, or even a strong vise and socket set. The ball joint install tool tends to be the easiest to work work unless you have a shop press handy.

B&Wpro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler rubicon unlimited
Teraflex trackbar bushing came out from trackbar . So what should i do ? I didnt mean to remove bushing . I wish i could post video that shows how bushing moving around before it came out. What i gotta do ? U gonna send me new bushing ? Or i have to order new bushing ?
i need some help.
thanks

E580464B-1D13-48AC-BE06-A17A7DD92A65.jpeg

7B462287-A2E3-4191-8D33-39BA3221C44D.jpeg

Sponsored

TeraFlex

First Name
TeraFlex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teraflex.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT, JK
Teraflex trackbar bushing came out from trackbar . So what should i do ? I didnt mean to remove bushing . I wish i could post video that shows how bushing moving around before it came out. What i gotta do ? U gonna send me new bushing ? Or i have to order new bushing ?
i need some help.
thanks
Sorry to hear that you're having issues with it! I received the email/info you sent to our "[email protected]" email so no worries; I'll get you taken care of on this.

toddfranc

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport
A big thanks going out to the folks at Teraflex. Got my replacement track bar earlier this week and just installed it. Very solid design and no movement or noise! Overall they were great to work with through all of this.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
A big thanks going out to the folks at Teraflex. Got my replacement track bar earlier this week and just installed it. Very solid design and no movement or noise! Overall they were great to work with through all of this.
Give it 6 months. Maybe 3 if you actually do serious trails.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
i need some help.
thanks

E580464B-1D13-48AC-BE06-A17A7DD92A65.jpeg

7B462287-A2E3-4191-8D33-39BA3221C44D.jpeg
Replace it with a better quality track bar from almost anywhere else.

Last edited:

Overland Utah

First Name
Caden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I have been running the Updated Teraflex Track Bar (Front and Rear) since October without any issues. I was not aware that it was updated at the time, but now it makes more sense because it was the last piece of the lift kit that I was waiting on.

I have already been on plenty of local trails and a handful of trails down in Moab. I haven't had any issues with the track bar and noticed an improvement in handling after installing it. No noise.
Sponsored

Last edited: