Sponsored

Teraflex Track Bars, Who’s had no issue on your JL?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Nothing a quick rattle can session can’t fix. MC track bar is stout and I’ve had zero issue with mine.
Yep…… hey, just cuz I don’t care for the gold, doesn’t mean I don’t like it……MC is definitely a top shelf company, and their products are very well built. They’re my second favorite suspension company, and I recommend them often.
Sponsored

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Yep…… hey, just cuz I don’t care for the gold, doesn’t mean I don’t like it……MC is definitely a top shelf company, and their products are very well built. They’re my second favorite suspension company, and I recommend them often.
I hear you. I don’t care for it either but not enough that I did anything about. My front end is becoming a rainbow with orange Reid knuckles and yellow MC trackbar.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
you should never have to adjust your track bar after install, the “on-vehicle” adjustability in my opinion just gives it room for error.
Anytime you change lifts, add winches and bumpers, or make other changes you ALWAYS should realign the front axle. And that's why adjustability matters.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Anytime you change lifts, add winches and bumpers, or make other changes you ALWAYS should realign the front axle. And that's why adjustability matters.
how many times do you think people are changing their Jeep this significantly? Twice, ever? Pulling one bolt to adjust track bar is no big deal.

3TV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 392
Getting back to the original question ... Teraflex Track bars, who's had no issue on your JL?

I had no issues at all in 11,000 miles use on my 2020 JT Mojave, running 37" tires and a Teraflex front track bar. Use was mostly high speed desert, and very little rock crawling.

I'm still using the stock track bar on my 2021 JLUR, because, ... well, it still has stock suspension. I did take a look at that Yeti HD front track bar though. Dang, that is a beefy track bar. When the time comes to change to an adjustable track bar on my JL, I've got to get me one of those, LOL.

Sponsored

astglenn

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
I have both the front and rear track bar on 2 different 2021 JL’s (both with AEV lifts). Both of the front bars are making noise and you can feel movement in the bar when you shake the trucks side to side - neither rear bar seem to be having trouble.

Working with Teraflex on the issues, but no response yet. I’m very close to switching them out to something different so I can move on to other projects.
Complete GARBAGE. I hate to say it, but that’s the truth of the matter. Ill designed. Noisy and allows movement exactly where you don't want it. I have all TF top of the line suspension. The rest of the parts are fine. How this made it through QC and on the market is beyond me.

toddfranc

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport
The noise is now gone! Was having issues with movement and reached out to Teraflex. They were very helpful and come to find out I didn't catch that these were supposed to be torqued higher than I know I originally torqued them to. Frame side should be 205 ft lbs and axle side should be 200 ft lbs. Went out and retorqued them to the higher setting and much better now. That's a lot of torque so definitely remember when you have to put that much weight into it. I don't recall what I set it at originally, but I know it wasn't that much. If you're not sure, it's an easy thing to check.

545moose

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460
The noise is now gone! Was having issues with movement and reached out to Teraflex. They were very helpful and come to find out I didn't catch that these were supposed to be torqued higher than I know I originally torqued them to. Frame side should be 205 ft lbs and axle side should be 200 ft lbs. Went out and retorqued them to the higher setting and much better now. That's a lot of torque so definitely remember when you have to put that much weight into it. I don't recall what I set it at originally, but I know it wasn't that much. If you're not sure, it's an easy thing to check.
Holy foot pounds Batman, that's FN enormous, no way should that be required; might be the fix but I can't see how it would have to be that tight by design from the outset.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Holy foot pounds Batman, that's FN enormous, no way should that be required; might be the fix but I can't see how it would have to be that tight by design from the outset.
When I had the trackbar I talked to TF about it and that's what they say. The design sucks IMO, it's the joint they use where most others use a bushing. It's noisy and sloppy IMO. Personally I think they require that much torque to quiet the joint.

TeraFlex

First Name
TeraFlex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teraflex.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT, JK
To help clear up some confusion and misconceptions, I can help provide some info on our track bar design. On the axle side joint on our track bar there is a centering pin in the joint that limits the rotation of the joint to prevent it from over rotating. With the track bar being fully/properly tightened and installed, the track bar will be able to rotate and "rock" slightly from the front of the Jeep to the rear. This is so the joints will not bind/break as the suspension cycles during normal driving or off road.

As some customers have noticed, this can on occasion create a "popping" or clunking noise that can be heard while moving the track bar by hand or during certain suspension movements. This type of noise is typical for a heim style joint of this style and is normal.

However, regarding that noise we understand it is not always a desirable thing to hear as it can create concern and be misdiagnosed as a faulty part. As a result we updated the joints to a rubber cleveite style version that eliminates the noise and isolates the track bar from rotating. Any JL/JT front track bar manufactured from November 2021 and later will have this updated joint in them. If anyone has one of our front track bars with the heim joints and would like to update them, please feel free to reach out to us and we can get them taken care of.

Sponsored

JEEP4U

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
The Teraflex front track bars came with my kit......But, I never installed it. After inspection, I did not care for the joint..............and damn is that thing heavy.

I used RockJock4x4 on my TJ, with great success.........and decided to utilize them on the JLU.

RockJocks may cost a bit more, but they build the bars with 4130 chromoly tube, instead on mild steel DOM.......Plus the ends are rebuildable.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
To help clear up some confusion and misconceptions, I can help provide some info on our track bar design. On the axle side joint on our track bar there is a centering pin in the joint that limits the rotation of the joint to prevent it from over rotating. With the track bar being fully/properly tightened and installed, the track bar will be able to rotate and "rock" slightly from the front of the Jeep to the rear. This is so the joints will not bind/break as the suspension cycles during normal driving or off road.

As some customers have noticed, this can on occasion create a "popping" or clunking noise that can be heard while moving the track bar by hand or during certain suspension movements. This type of noise is typical for a heim style joint of this style and is normal.

However, regarding that noise we understand it is not always a desirable thing to hear as it can create concern and be misdiagnosed as a faulty part. As a result we updated the joints to a rubber cleveite style version that eliminates the noise and isolates the track bar from rotating. Any JL/JT front track bar manufactured from November 2021 and later will have this updated joint in them. If anyone has one of our front track bars with the heim joints and would like to update them, please feel free to reach out to us and we can get them taken care of.
any pictures of the old vs new design ends? do vendors have new ones already, or good chance older design would be shipped out?
I have run Clayton track bars on my other JLs, but willing to try your new design on this one.

TeraFlex

First Name
TeraFlex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teraflex.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT, JK
any pictures of the old vs new design ends? do vendors have new ones already, or good chance older design would be shipped out?
I have run Clayton track bars on my other JLs, but willing to try your new design on this one.
Here's a picture of what they will look like, with the updated joint on the left and the original joint design on the right side. We've been shipping out the updated ones for just over a month, so it will depend on the dealer/vendor's inventory stock turn over times. If one was to receive a track bar with the original version joints, they can be easy updated free of charge if they reached out to us directly.

Track bar joint difference (2).jpg

astglenn

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Here's a picture of what they will look like, with the updated joint on the left and the original joint design on the right side. We've been shipping out the updated ones for just over a month, so it will depend on the dealer/vendor's inventory stock turn over times. If one was to receive a track bar with the original version joints, they can be easy updated free of charge if they reached out to us directly.

Jeep Wrangler JL Teraflex Track Bars, Who’s had no issue on your JL? Track bar joint difference (2)
Well this is the sign of a good company that is attempting to run a clean business model. Stepping up and accepting a problem, then acting to correct the issue, is big. Tip of the hat for taking proper actions to assuage this issue.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

Curious to why the sudden wave of damage control on this board ? Or is that classified too…..? Could of used it a year ago, probably would have kept a few more customers in your camp.…. Just sayin……
Sponsored