Sponsored

Teraflex Track Bars, Who’s had no issue on your JL?

eck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU MOAB HellaYella
I replaced mine with the Rock Krawler one. It was more of a fuss to install, but I am much happier with it. No more clunking noises when I rock the steering wheel back and forth, and no more intermittent shimmy in the steering.
Sponsored

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
I've had mine for about a year with no issues. Just went outside and tried the shake test and there was no noise.

Quick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
I've had mine for about a year with no issues. Just went outside and tried the shake test and there was no noise.
do you have theoriginal version with the rubber bushings or the roller bearing version.

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
do you have theoriginal version with the rubber bushings or the roller bearing version.
When did they change? I'm fairly certain I have the rubber bushings. Is the issue only with the bearing version?

Quick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
When did they change? I'm fairly certain I have the rubber bushings. Is the issue only with the bearing version?
not sure exactly, but within the last year as far as i have researched.

they both fail, just in different ways. The rubber bushings break apart and eventually wobble. The roller bearings seem to have this from the start.

Sponsored

JLRyder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS
Took off my teraflex TB couple weeks ago after I got tired of the noise and clunk in the steering (lasted maybe 7 months) Going with the steer smarts, I like how once they are adjusted you clamp down like the factory setup (no play).

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Yeah, unlikely they'll change it.

I don't mind giving them the benefit of the doubt... but why would it be normal to make such a noise? They seem to be saying it's only noise, nothing else, no performance issues... but that doesn't make much sense.
The thing is, I have not encounter any track bar that does this, ever.

Also, every alignment shop and dealer service dept have said that this is NOT ok.

Went to the best alignment shop in town, they just gave the vehicle back to me and said they won’t do anything until I install a correct track bar for my vehicle as it’s not safe and they won’t risk responsibility.

During my last dealer visit, they threatened to void my warranty the next time I take my vehicle in for service if I don’t get it fixed.

So you can understand my frustration.

Jeep Wrangler JL Teraflex Track Bars, Who’s had no issue on your JL? 7A0A5F21-DFC6-4931-8DAC-48CF6E1860DB

So far I have not found a single person that would go on record and say this was OK except for @TeraFlex

aro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
So far I have not found a single person that would go on record and say this was OK except for @TeraFlex
It would be too expensive for Teraflex to issue a "recall", so they'll say it's all ok until they quietly change the design. Then they'll say "the old design was great, and the new one is even better!".

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
I've had mine on for 11K miles with zero issues. No noises, clunking, or otherwise. Works really well.

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
Does anyone have a pic of a front bar with the bushing blown out?

Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I've had mine on for 11K miles with zero issues. No noises, clunking, or otherwise. Works really well.
Care to post a video of you rocking the track bar back and forth?
Like mine in the video here?

Not saying I don't believe you, but some people may be a little oblivious to this than others.

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
Mine has done that since the moment I installed it, but isn’t that the part that’s normal? When I shake the Jeep it makes no noise. The only time I hear any noise is when I shake the bar like that.

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Avi Engineer
Like mine in the video here?

Not saying I don't believe you, but some people may be a little oblivious to this than others.
Mine does that and has done that since the day it was installed. I would consider this normal and no issue at all. It makes no noise when driving on or off-road. All trackbars need to rotate as the suspension flexes. This one having the IR bushing, will not be bonded like a traditional rubber bushing. The movement in your video is normal. I'm sure Teraflex would say the same thing and it was designed this way.

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Avi Engineer
Mine has done that since the moment I installed it, but isn’t that the part that’s normal? When I shake the Jeep it makes no noise. The only time I hear any noise is when I shake the bar like that.
My experience is exactly the same. I can't make it make noise. Wheeling, pot holes, speed bumps, curbs, shaking the Jeep... it only makes noise when I rotate it and this would be considered normal to me.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
My experience is exactly the same. I can't make it make noise. Wheeling, pot holes, speed bumps, curbs, shaking the Jeep... it only makes noise when I rotate it and this would be considered normal to me.
Maybe you missed my previous post, but I've talked to more than 3 reputable shops in the area and none of them thought this was "normal" or "safe". They either said that I have the wrong track bar installed, or the track bar was faulty.

Nor would they risk responsibility performing alignment on my vehicle with that track bar installed.

In fact, my dealer threatened to void my warranty if I don't get the track bar replaced.

So, please, tell me again why this is OK.

Jeep Wrangler JL Teraflex Track Bars, Who’s had no issue on your JL? 1617755027030
Sponsored