Sponsored

Teraflex Track Bars, Who’s had no issue on your JL?

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I’ve seen some bad reviews and I ordered based on recommendation from a local shop. Has anyone got positive feedback from a noise perspective? Have you tried the front tb, rear tb, or both?

Thanks
Sponsored

Quick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
I have both the front and rear track bar on 2 different 2021 JL’s (both with AEV lifts). Both of the front bars are making noise and you can feel movement in the bar when you shake the trucks side to side - neither rear bar seem to be having trouble.

Working with Teraflex on the issues, but no response yet. I’m very close to switching them out to something different so I can move on to other projects.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve seen some bad reviews and I ordered based on recommendation from a local shop. Has anyone got positive feedback from a noise perspective? Have you tried the front tb, rear tb, or both?

Thanks
I’ve installed a couple for guys, both have came back to me to switch them out within 3 months. Feel and hear noise. These were both fronts. I recommend RK, it’s been on my rig nearly 2 years, haven’t touched it except to grease it once a year. Just some .02 ......✌

OP
OP
DadJokes

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I have both the front and rear track bar on 2 different 2021 JL’s (both with AEV lifts). Both of the front bars are making noise and you can feel movement in the bar when you shake the trucks side to side - neither rear bar seem to be having trouble.

Working with Teraflex on the issues, but no response yet. I’m very close to switching them out to something different so I can move on to other projects.
I think I’m just going to return my front, at least. The rear adjudtable track bars seem hard to come by for some reason. I wonder if I should try keeping only the rear.

I’m considering JKS (I’ve read some good long term feedback.) as well as the Yeti Steersmart. I wonder will the steersmart clear my welded Morobilt front diff cover? Anyone know?

JL_Jeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon, 2016 Husqvarna FE350S
Occupation
Computer Geek
I have both TF front and rear. The front does rotate slightly along it's axis. For what it's worth, when first installed I heard noise from the front traction bar for a day or so. I haven't heard it in a while and I went wheeling last weekend, did not hear any noise and I must add, this is the best handling/steering Jeep I have owned.

After installation I initially was so agitated at the rotation that I was going to replace it...and this thread may get me there again :)

Would I buy it again...had I known about this prior to purchase, I would have looked elsewhere.

Sponsored

Quick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
Do a quick test for noise - go out to your Jeep, grab the front tow hook on one side and shake the Jeep side to side (fairly violently) to see if your track bar is making noise.
Teraflex told me they hadn’t heard any complaints, but both of my trucks do it. I even sent them a video.
Also, not coming from the adjuster. The adjuster is fully locked up. This is coming from the bearings on the end of the bar.

Quick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
Video of the vertical play in the bearing

Chrisdupe

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I noticed play in mine at the axle side bushing when having someone turn the wheel back and forth while i checked everything. I was told that it's working as designed. Probably be ordering a Synergy Trackbar soon. I just got some Teraflex control arms too and am now wondering if i want to install them or not.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology

Thanks
Teraflex make a few neat things nobody else does but avoid them like the plague for suspension stuff. It's complete crap. Most of it is made in China and they just mark it up high enough to cover the warranty issues.

Go buy RK, RJ, MC, Synergy and be happy for a TB.

Quick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
I will likely be switching to Clayton Offroad as they are local to me.

I’m also running the Teraflex Alpine IR co trip arms and am worried about them as well. These might get swapped out as well

Sponsored

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Half of my lift, including Alpine control arms, are working great for me. Some people love to hate on Teraflex but you don’t successfully build Jeep parts for over 20 years by making crap quality.

Quick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
Half of my lift, including Alpine control arms, are working great for me. Some people love to hate on Teraflex but you don’t successfully build Jeep parts for over 20 years by making crap quality.

I don’t think longevity is a good barometer for (nor is correlated to) quality or sales volumes.

For example... Wal-mart. People will buy anything. Especially the uninformed. Marketing is often the benchmark.

I knew going into the Teraflex what I was buying. Hoped the engineering would trump it. So far, it hasn’t.

OP
OP
DadJokes

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Teraflex make a few neat things nobody else does but avoid them like the plague for suspension stuff. It's complete crap. Most of it is made in China and they just mark it up high enough to cover the warranty issues.

Go buy RK, RJ, MC, Synergy and be happy for a TB.
I was looking for low maintenance, works with Motobilt diff covers, and personal experience. The Synergy I read hits the track bar bracket and now the instructions require grinding. That left the Steersmart. I just ordered that based on my criteria. I hope it goes well.

AltJL

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara Altitude
Vehicle Showcase
I have the front track bar. It does have a little play but no noise. I am pleased with it.

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The issue I have with the Teraflex track bar and some of their control arms is the use of Clevite bushings in their joints. Clevite bushings (which are what comes in the stock control arms and track bars) are fine if you don't flex your suspension too much. Once the arms and/or track bar gets articulated to the point where the rubber can no longer twist, you risk damaging the joint. The joint is damaged due to the inner metal sleeve (which is bonded to the rubber bushing) tearing away from the bushing. You will then experience odd noises and abnormal handling due to the bushing no longer functioning as designed.

This is why flex joints (RK, Johnny Joint, Metalcloak, etc.) work so much better for any Wrangler which gets flexed.

I'll never understand why an aftermarket company offers lift components with stock bushings. Well, price is the primary factor probably and hoping uneducated buyers won't know any better. But Teraflex will never be considered as a top tier lift by the majority of off roaders.
Sponsored