Sponsored

Teraflex Track Bars, Who’s had no issue on your JL?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Going to bring this back as I just installed one of these yesterday. My issue right now is, with me being stock, the TB is hitting against the sector shaft brace. Idk what I can do about that. If I was lifted I can see where it would clear as that would adjust the angle and degree of the bend. Any suggestions other than lift??
Pics?
Sponsored

Shadowridr1

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S Altitude edition
Occupation
Class 1 railroad Engineer
The scuff marks on the sector brace are visible here and also of the clearance. Then I also have this issue going on, the supplied bolt from steer smart is too long and digging into the axle housing.
Jeep Wrangler JL Teraflex Track Bars, Who’s had no issue on your JL? 20230414_084914

Jeep Wrangler JL Teraflex Track Bars, Who’s had no issue on your JL? 20230414_085218

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

TeraFlex

First Name
TeraFlex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teraflex.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT, JK
Going to bring this back as I just installed one of these yesterday. My issue right now is, with me being stock, the TB is hitting against the sector shaft brace. Idk what I can do about that. If I was lifted I can see where it would clear as that would adjust the angle and degree of the bend. Any suggestions other than lift??
Where are you seeing the contact on the track bar? being a large forged piece some small amounts of material can be removed from the main bar if needed as long as it's done carefully.

EDIT: Looking at the pictures in your last comment, I wouldn't directly recommend removing material from where the contact is at, there's not a lot of material in that location to start with. However looking at how the bracket is contacting the axle it looks like you need more lift to clear both the track bar AND bracket.

Shadowridr1

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Where are you seeing the contact on the track bar? being a large forged piece some small amounts of material can be removed from the main bar if needed as long as it's done carefully.

EDIT: Looking at the pictures in your last comment, I wouldn't directly recommend removing material from where the contact is at, there's not a lot of material in that location to start with. However looking at how the bracket is contacting the axle it looks like you need more lift to clear both the track bar AND bracket.
As I said previously. I'm stock with no lift. Your TB info said it will fit zero lift to 6". The bracket contact is a simple fix of just getting a shorter bolt. However, the TB contact is not that simple. I mean it's hitting now and all I've done, driving wise, is about 40 miles on the highway. I need a solution and pulling it to grind material is not a solution. Purchasing a lift kit right now is not a solution. Removing the sector brace is not a solution. So the only solution I can reasonably think of is returning your product. It's not that it's faulty, it just doesn't fit properly in a non-lifted wrangler as stated in the product description.

Sponsored

TeraFlex

First Name
TeraFlex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teraflex.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT, JK
As I said previously. I'm stock with no lift. Your TB info said it will fit zero lift to 6". The bracket contact is a simple fix of just getting a shorter bolt. However, the TB contact is not that simple. I mean it's hitting now and all I've done, driving wise, is about 40 miles on the highway. I need a solution and pulling it to grind material is not a solution. Purchasing a lift kit right now is not a solution. Removing the sector brace is not a solution. So the only solution I can reasonably think of is returning your product. It's not that it's faulty, it just doesn't fit properly in a non-lifted wrangler as stated in the product description.
This is incorrect. The track bar is fitting and functioning correctly as described and intended. The issue you are having is coming from the added sector shaft brace, which is where the contact is being made. Like you said the added thickness of the bracket is pushing the bolt out farther to hit the axle, and the sector shaft bearing bracket is hitting the track bar. Removing the aftermarket sector shaft brace would solve your clearance issue and the track bar would function and fit as intended.

Floriduramax3.0

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrngler Rubicon Unlimited 3.0td
This is incorrect. The track bar is fitting and functioning correctly as described and intended. The issue you are having is coming from the added sector shaft brace, which is where the contact is being made. Like you said the added thickness of the bracket is pushing the bolt out farther to hit the axle, and the sector shaft bearing bracket is hitting the track bar. Removing the aftermarket sector shaft brace would solve your clearance issue and the track bar would function and fit as intended.
Just a little off his topic but to the OP, I was having a bad taste for TF products as my trac bar was clunking and my Jeep sound like a old clunker! TF sent me the updated track bar bushings and cured that. Now that it is quiet I started hearing another odd noise and squeak and turned out to be a lower control arm bushing, front lower aft bushing. I looked online and couldn't find replacement bushings for the long arm RT4. I called and she advised me they had lifetime warranty! She sent me a new bushing yesterday! I am feeling much better about TF now and just want to say Thank you!

TKL223/3

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
The scuff marks on the sector brace are visible here and also of the clearance. Then I also have this issue going on, the supplied bolt from steer smart is too long and digging into the axle housing.
Jeep Wrangler JL Teraflex Track Bars, Who’s had no issue on your JL? 20230414_085218

The bolt is supposed to be installed the other way per the instructions.

Shadowridr1

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
OUTSTANDING, then I'll be looking for you to send me find for a steering box or lift kit. Otherwise don't discredit me. If I didn't need the damn sector brace I wouldn't have it on there. DON'T YOU THINK. Just like me being stock why would I need an aftermarket TB...... this question isn't it.

Remorseless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR 2.0T, '21 KL TH 3.2, '19 Charger R/T 5.7
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Holier Than Thou Internet Bully, Part-Time Online Boy Scout, Full-Time Arson Enthusiast
OUTSTANDING, then I'll be looking for you to send me find for a steering box or lift kit. Otherwise don't discredit me. If I didn't need the damn sector brace I wouldn't have it on there. DON'T YOU THINK. Just like me being stock why would I need an aftermarket TB...... this question isn't it.
Just FYI, there's like no aftermarket company that checks clearances for their products with other manufacturer's equipment, so not much use getting pissed at them for an interference issue that wouldn't happen without another company's product there. Neither Teraflex nor whoever makes your sector shaft brace will have consulted the other when designing their products (nor should they be expected to IMO), they all just go off of stock Jeep equipment.

Honestly, just flipping around the bolt at the frame bracket will probably solve the bolt clearance issue and clearancing both the trackbar and sector shaft brace seems like the path of least resistance for that interference issue.

Sponsored

c20040215

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S; 2023 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
The bolt is supposed to be installed the other way per the instructions.
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0...ment_Bracket_Update_2_13_23s.pdf?v=1676320264

Page 8, Step 14.

"...The reason for this is that the fastener is longer than the stock bolt to accommodate for the added thickness of the reinforcement bracket adds, and because of this the bolt could come into contact with the axle if facing the other way (see picture below for correct orientation)."

You are welcome.

Shadowridr1

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Just FYI, there's like no aftermarket company that checks clearances for their products with other manufacturer's equipment, so not much use getting pissed at them for an interference issue that wouldn't happen without another company's product there. Neither Teraflex nor whoever makes your sector shaft brace will have consulted the other when designing their products (nor should they be expected to IMO), they all just go off of stock Jeep equipment.

Honestly, just flipping around the bolt at the frame bracket will probably solve the bolt clearance issue and clearancing both the trackbar and sector shaft brace seems like the path of least resistance for that interference issue.
Not really getting pissed, but when I'm having an issue doing tell me to remove something to accommodate something else. All I wanting to know was why. I know if I was lifted none of this would be an issue. I'm a fan of teraflex and not really wanting to go a different direction.
Just
Empty
Every
Pocket
Sponsored