Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not sure why that's giving you heartburn man. The small tolerances that you're speaking of just really aren't that hard to measure if you know what you're doing. Like I said, to each their own.
No heartburn. The "ugh" was because I acknowledged your sentiment that it can be done ("What you described is do-able"), yet you replied with "I'd argue that it can be done right in your garage but to each his own." I thought that deserved an "ugh." I agreed with you, and simply offered my opinion on aligning larger tires.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
No heartburn. The "ugh" was because I acknowledged your sentiment that it can be done ("What you described is do-able"), yet you replied with "I'd argue that it can be done right in your garage but to each his own." I thought that deserved an "ugh." I agreed with you, and simply offered my opinion on aligning larger tires.
The size of the tire has 0 bearing on an alignment. You also have an interesting way of "agreeing" with someone.

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
The size of the tire has 0 bearing on an alignment. You also have an interesting way of "agreeing" with someone.
It totally does matter, if the alignment isn't perfect. A 40 that's slightly out of alignment will rattle your bones, while a 33 that's slightly out of alignment may be drivable.

If both examples above are aligned, they will drive fine.

Also, the massive tread on a 40 (or any larger tire) make it difficult to center. Using the rough driveway approach can work (I've done it), though certain setups require a true alignment, not just one that's close.

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
The shop told me he had to cut the bolt for the track bar as it was to long and that track bar is usually put on vehicles with a lift. The jeep rides ok but going over some expansion joints on the highway created some wobbling and the jeep rides much harsher. Any ideas??
That doesn't make sense, you're re-using the stock bolts that hold on the track bar to the brackets.

Also, yes you absolutely can get it aligned yourself in your garage if you have the time an patience but I would still take it to a place that will check the aligment for free and you can see how close you got it. Lazers vs tape measure....
Sponsored