Teraflex track bar bracket

AZJLU1100

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I installed the Teraflex track bar bracket for the front of my JLUR. the bracket fits over the stock mounting bracket and I am having a hard time mounting my Falcon steering stabilizer. The bolt potion that goes through the track bar is 1/4 inch too short. I went with the synergy steering stabilizer relocation track bar bolt and it is too short

I am able to get the bolt through the track bar but it seems to barely grab the nut on the back. I really am at a loss at this point. Any suggestions? The bolt that goes through the track bar is 2.8 inches...I could use 3 (insert funny comment here)
Sponsored

Brian0128

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2018 Toyota TRD PRO
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I installed the Teraflex track bar bracket for the front of my JLUR. the bracket fits over the stock mounting bracket and I am having a hard time mounting my Falcon steering stabilizer. The bolt potion that goes through the track bar is 1/4 inch too short. I went with the synergy steering stabilizer relocation track bar bolt and it is too short

I am able to get the bolt through the track bar but it seems to barely grab the nut on the back. I really am at a loss at this point. Any suggestions? The bolt that goes through the track bar is 2.8 inches...I could use 3 (insert funny comment here)
The supplied bolt should have been a M14x2.0x80, but if you need longer you can just get a M14x2.0x90.

OP
OP
AZJLU1100

AZJLU1100

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
It is a two sided bolt. One side goes into the track bar and there is a stud on the other side for the stabilizer

EDACDDF6-9FEC-4F90-9D0B-FFC61055ECF1.jpeg

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
It is a two sided bolt. One side goes into the track bar and there is a stud on the other side for the stabilizer

Jeep Wrangler JL Teraflex track bar bracket EDACDDF6-9FEC-4F90-9D0B-FFC61055ECF1
Why did you go with bracket instead of adjustable track bar?

OP
OP
AZJLU1100

AZJLU1100

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I am having some bump steering issues. I thought if I fixed the steering geometry it would fix the feedback I’m getting from the road. I have a metalcloak track bar

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I am having some bump steering issues. I thought if I fixed the steering geometry it would fix the feedback I’m getting from the road. I have a metalcloak track bar
Unless you flipped the drag link that bracket will put track bar out of parallel with drag link which will cause bumpsteer.

OP
OP
AZJLU1100

AZJLU1100

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I did not flip the drag link. I have a 3 1/2 lift and have considerable bump steer. I thought if I raised the track bar it would help out. Am I off on my thought process?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I did not flip the drag link. I have a 3 1/2 lift and have considerable bump steer. I thought if I raised the track bar it would help out. Am I off on my thought process?
You want the track bar and drag link to be parallel with each other. The bracket is usually used in place of adjustable track bar to help center axle with stock track bar.

OP
OP
AZJLU1100

AZJLU1100

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
So you say don’t use both? I got the adjustable track bar to center the axle, and the bracket to raise the track bar to adjust for the lift. I’m just trying everything to fix this bump steer. It’s driving me mad!!!

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
So you say don’t use both? I got the adjustable track bar to center the axle, and the bracket to raise the track bar to adjust for the lift. I’m just trying everything to fix this bump steer. It’s driving me mad!!!
I wouldn’t use both, I’ll send you a PM.

Sponsored

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
pretty sure there are no issues with using both, but you are going to want to do the drag link flip so they are parallel like Roky stated.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I know it's said about the rear, that both the axle side relocation bracket and an adjustable track bar aren't needed, but I like both the adjustability and the raised roll center.

On the front, an axle side track bar relocation bracket is only needed when flipping the drag link to a top mount. As Roky mentioned, the front track bar and drag link need to be parallel for proper handling.

bryston

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler jl
I know it's said about the rear, that both the axle side relocation bracket and an adjustable track bar aren't needed, but I like both the adjustability and the raised roll center.

On the front, an axle side track bar relocation bracket is only needed when flipping the drag link to a top mount. As Roky mentioned, the front track bar and drag link need to be parallel for proper handling.
teraflex uses front track bar and front track bar bracket on 3.5" lift. as rock krawler uses rear bracket and rear track bar on 3.5" lift

SikjJeep

First Name
Sikh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLUR

Im running into same issue. I have a JLUR & Teraflex Alpine CT3 3.5" lift kit which comes with track bar & bracket. Now i recently upgraded to Steer smart tie rods & Falcon EF 2.2 steering stabilizer.
The bolt that goes thru the track bar is too short.
How did you fix this issue?

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
Check with teraflex if they offer their steering stabilizer relocation bolt. I got their Tie Rod (it is seriously strong) and it comes with a stabilizer relocation kit including a bolt similar to the synergy one, but it is much beefier, and a good bit longer. It works with the relo bracket.
Sponsored