Thanks for this!! I’ll give this a try!

TheLion

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JL
Next time I take my jeep in for work I'm having this installed if the reviews are good. IF not I'll access other options. Happy with their shocks so far which is why I'm leaning this way

Gdub

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Occupation
Engineer
I put it on. Ordered from River City. Works great I like it, three settings tailored to the type of driving, on road and off or mix of. Typical TeraFlex product, well packaged and seems to be quality.
4389A71D-D3A3-45F9-864F-4C84965261F8.jpeg
9B40FBD4-7457-450F-B2A4-CFFA3A2B80F0.jpeg

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
I put it on. Ordered from River City. Works great I like it, three settings tailored to the type of driving, on road and off or mix of. Typical TeraFlex product, well packaged and seems to be quality.
4389A71D-D3A3-45F9-864F-4C84965261F8.jpeg
9B40FBD4-7457-450F-B2A4-CFFA3A2B80F0.jpeg
How do you feel about the three adjustments?
I've always gone with the Fox ATS due to the number of adjustments. I like to keep it just stiff enough so that the steering wheel returns to center exiting a corner. Long highway trips I would always put it on full stiff, and offroad full soft. I'm a little worried I won't be able to dial it in exactly where I want it for daily driving with only the three settings.

Thanks!

Sponsored

Gdub

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Occupation
Engineer
How do you feel about the three adjustments?
I've always gone with the Fox ATS due to the number of adjustments. I like to keep it just stiff enough so that the steering wheel returns to center exiting a corner. Long highway trips I would always put it on full stiff, and offroad full soft. I'm a little worried I won't be able to dial it in exactly where I want it for daily driving with only the three settings.

Thanks!
Seems to work just fine. Keep in mind it is not a dial, it is settings. Meaning three settings, cannot fine tune it.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Seems to work just fine. Keep in mind it is not a dial, it is settings. Meaning three settings, cannot fine tune it.
Yeah, my fear with purchasing this over the fox is if that middle setting isn't quite firm enough while the stiff setting is too much for daily driving around town.
I'll probably wait on the fox, but I was hoping this would provide me with what I was looking for as it is available now.

Thanks for the response :beer:

islandtees

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl
Yeah, my fear with purchasing this over the fox is if that middle setting isn't quite firm enough while the stiff setting is too much for daily driving around town.
I'll probably wait on the fox, but I was hoping this would provide me with what I was looking for as it is available now.

Thanks for the response :beer:
I'm waiting on the Fox myself, I thought I heard in a week or 2?

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
I'm waiting on the Fox myself, I thought I heard in a week or 2?
I hope so! It's a pricey, but for me other than hydro assist it was the next best thing to improve steering feel on the JK(This is highly debated, but I really like a heavy steering feel especially on long trips.) It really did a great Job to help make heavy winds on my lifted cardboard box somewhat tolerable.

islandtees

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl
I hope so! It's a pricey, but for me other than hydro assist it was the next best thing to improve steering feel on the JK(This is highly debated, but I really like a heavy steering feel especially on long trips.) It really did a great Job to help make heavy winds on my lifted cardboard box somewhat tolerable.
I also like the Fox is putting it up higher than the std stabilizer. The Falcon also comes with hardware to move it up higher. I was going to get the Falcon until I heard that the Fox will be out shortly.

Sponsored

SpringsJL

First Name
Cage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU
Happy with the Falcon but curious about Fox to. The OEM one is a joke for lifted on big tires. Like my steering now more tighter feeling not loose/swaying.

B6B9354C-1F87-456B-9151-5341658F1590.jpeg

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Has anyone needed to get an alignment after installing any aftermarket steering stabilizer with or without having to loosen the track bar to get to the steering stabilizer bolts?

GraniteRubiGA

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Executive
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone needed to get an alignment after installing any aftermarket steering stabilizer with or without having to loosen the track bar to get to the steering stabilizer bolts?
I didn’t have to loosen the track bar at all.

Midwest22

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
No alignment needed. Its one of the easiest installs. Probably took me all of 20 minutes and thats because I actually read the directions for once. Also, I didn't have to remove the track bar. If you are stock you might have to but I can attest that a with a 2" lift there is no need to remove it.

Also, the settings are perfect! Soft feels like stock, without the wandering. Medium feels really solid. Firm...well, I haven't even tried that since Medium seems to be perfect for me.

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
No alignment needed. Its one of the easiest installs. Probably took me all of 20 minutes and thats because I actually read the directions for once. Also, I didn't have to remove the track bar. If you are stock you might have to but I can attest that a with a 2" lift there is no need to remove it.

Also, the settings are perfect! Soft feels like stock, without the wandering. Medium feels really solid. Firm...well, I haven't even tried that since Medium seems to be perfect for me.
Mine is a stock, no lift, JLUR. I had to remove the bolt on one side of the track bar to get to the bolts (exactly as the instructions stated). After installing it, the steering wheel went from 12:00 to 11:00 so I had to adjust the collar to get it back to 12:00. I'm not sure if removing the one bolt from the track bar or the steering stabilizer itself caused the steering wheel not to be centered. I had to turn the adjustment collar just shy of one full turn.
Sponsored

Last edited: