Teraflex ST2 2.5 inch lift issue

Stingray1976

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
I had an alignment done after installing the ST2, with 3.3 shocks, 37's. I wanted to ensure all was good. The shop told me that I had an additional 3 degrees of castor than stock, due to the lower control arms that come with the lift. They are not adjustable. Will this negatively effect anything? I know it wont effect the tire wear, but maybe the spring movement, binding anything at flex? I dont notice any irregularities while driving, all in all the ride is great and smooth. I prefer setting 2.1 on the shocks for daily driving, with 30 psi in my 37 Patagonia mt's. Just seeing if anyone has this issue, and your thoughts. Thanks
Sponsored

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
What was the actual caster number?

i think stock a rubicon is 4.8 so plus 3 is 7.8. That seems likely a lot. I think in the 6-7 degree range is better.

Now, with FAD the front driveline isn’t spinning unless you are in 4 wheel drive so lots of caster isn’t a huge issue.

Are the springs standing straight up? The passenger front spring will bow before the driver side due to the coil spring perch pad design. (Factory) If they are straight all is well

OP
OP
Stingray1976

Stingray1976

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
What was the actual caster number?

i think stock a rubicon is 4.8 so plus 3 is 7.8. That seems likely a lot. I think in the 6-7 degree range is better.

Now, with FAD the front driveline isn’t spinning unless you are in 4 wheel drive so lots of caster isn’t a huge issue.

Are the springs standing straight up? The passenger front spring will bow before the driver side due to the coil spring perch pad design. (Factory) If they are straight all is well
The springs dont look perfectly straight...I'm sure the level isn't accurate on the spring. Current castor is 8.45 and 8.65Thanks for your advice. Only modifications are the springs, perches and lower control arms. All are torqued to spec.

20200225_054230.jpg

20200225_054211.jpg

20200225_054144.jpg

20200225_054104.jpg

20200225_054857.jpg

Jimmy_jak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Seems like a lot of caster. Everything I've seen says 6 +/- 1 degree. How's the front drive shaft angle?

Also, if your front UCA are adjustable I think you can just extend them to get a lower angle of caster.

OP
OP
Stingray1976

Stingray1976

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Seems like a lot of caster. Everything I've seen says 6 +/- 1 degree. How's the front drive shaft angle?

Also, if your front UCA are adjustable I think you can just extend them to get a lower angle of caster.
Looks a little angled down, level is on the collar and pegged to the left. No, the uppers are stock, I guess that would be an easy fix, adjustable uppers.

20200225_062709.jpg

20200225_062531.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Stingray1976

Stingray1976

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Looks a little angled down, level is on the collar and pegged to the left. No, the uppers are stock, I guess that would be an easy fix, adjustable uppers.

20200225_062709.jpg

20200225_062531.jpg
Would it be okay to get adjustable uppers, pushing the axle forward or better to get lowers to keep the axle in place? Lowers are more $, but I think the distance forward with uppers wouldn't be bad...thoughts?

OP
OP
Stingray1976

Stingray1976

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Yes, I will contact Teraflex first, I like the idea of adjustable uppers, since the uppers are stock, but adjustable lowers would be optimal. I will drive it a while and see if there is any difference.

Djtlaz123

First Name
Destry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler Sahara JlU
Yes, I will contact Teraflex first, I like the idea of adjustable uppers, since the uppers are stock, but adjustable lowers would be optimal. I will drive it a while and see if there is any difference.
I recently installed same lift. Did you get any wobble afterwards. I got a slight wobble. Since my wife is driving it, I purchased a steer smarts setup, track, drag and tie rod. Man with just the track bar it made a huge difference. I haven’t installed drag and tie rod due to not being able to get in for an alignment until next Thursday. But I can only imagine how much those improve the drive over those weak ass factory parts. I’ll let you know what my alignment numbers are when it gets done.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Stingray1976

Stingray1976

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
I recently installed same lift. Did you get any wobble afterwards. I got a slight wobble. Since my wife is driving it, I purchased a steer smarts setup, track, drag and tie rod. Man with just the track bar it made a huge difference. I haven’t installed drag and tie rod due to not being able to get in for an alignment until next Thursday. But I can only imagine how much those improve the drive over those weak ass factory parts. I’ll let you know what my alignment numbers are when it gets done.
I ordered the alpine track bar and it is awesome. I did have a vibration, it was my alignment, I was a little toe in. That track bar is so much heavier than stock!! I'm leaving the other steering alone, I have the falcon 2.2 stabilizer on and it is set to 3 and I love it. 2 setting for off road, 1 is way to loose for 37s...hehe

OP
OP
Stingray1976

Stingray1976

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
I just ordered the bleepin jeep alignment tool, I could have made them, but for $75, not a bad price. My alignment cost $138, I got it close myself, but wanted it dead on. I adjusted my tierod on accident, why I needed the alignment...silly me. When I put on the new lcas, it set off my alignment.

FirecrackerRedJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
don't even need correct tool, you can visual tell the angle is absolutely incorrect and is asking for some damaged parts.. I deff think they send wrong arms to ya.. the front springs won't also be perfect up and down there's usually slight bowing in most.

FirecrackerRedJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
they have an update oem track bar that's more than likely why.

Djtlaz123

First Name
Destry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler Sahara JlU
I just ordered the bleepin jeep alignment tool, I could have made them, but for $75, not a bad price. My alignment cost $138, I got it close myself, but wanted it dead on. I adjusted my tierod on accident, why I needed the alignment...silly me. When I put on the new lcas, it set off my alignment.
also how do you like the lift, I think the springs are little to stiff. I get a little to much side to side movement when driving on uneven road. And not like a weak sway bar movement more of a strong spring with too much fast rebound. I’m also running the falcon 3.3 which have been revalved for 2door.
Sponsored