Sponsored

Teraflex Sport ST1 1.5" Spacer Lift for JL 2dr

eman20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Anyone on here have a Teraflex Sport ST1 1.5" Spacer Lift With falcon 3.1 shocks on their JL ? Or any other falcon shocks ?
I'm trying to get a small lift to accommodate my 33" tires in the wheel wells of my 2020 JL 2dr sport.
I've looked at 2" Mopar and other 2.5 lifts but they are too high for what I want. They all net out around 3-4 inches, which is too high for a 33" tire.
So my only option I'm seeing is Teraflex s1.5 spacer kit.

From what I've read is the spacers will harden the ride on and off the road. So I'm hoping by adding the Falcon shocks will soften the ride and make it better than the stock shocks off-road on washboard roads. I do about 50% on highway to 50% off-road sometimes more off-road.

My questions:

1)
Should I upgraded from the offered Falcon 2.1 monotube shocks to the Teraflex Falcon Series 3.1 Piggyback Shock ?
The reason I ask is because from what I have read the 2.1 monotube shock is way more stiffer than the stock shocks and I really don't want to suffer from stiffer ride than what I have. I'd prefer to pay more and get better quality ride.

2) Is a Teraflex Falcon Series 3.3 shock over kill for this spacer 1.5 lift ?

3)
Will this give me enough lift in the back to handle the back of jeep loaded with camping gear and a 130lb rooftop tent. Currently the 33" tires sinks down into the wheel wells when off-road i'm getting a lot of rubbing. Hoping the 1.5 will give it that added hight to prevent the rub ?
Sponsored

OP
OP

eman20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
I guess this is not a popular lift then. Is there anyone out there with this kit that can weigh in ?

jkasmann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I have the ST1 but on a rubicon w/ fox shocks, so not a great comparison. Firmness comments may be due to the Falcons, the spacers don't change the ride much?

Rubicon takeoff shocks/springs would be an option for 33s on a sport.

OP
OP

eman20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
I have the ST1 but on a rubicon w/ fox shocks, so not a great comparison. Firmness comments may be due to the Falcons, the spacers don't change the ride much?

Rubicon takeoff shocks/springs would be an option for 33s on a sport.
Thanks jkasmann for the reply. Yes the comparison is not great but it does help to hear your ride quality did not change. What fox shocks are you using with this kit ?

Yea I don't have the area or space to put someones takeoff/springs on unfortunately and finding a shop her in San Diego to do that is hard. All of them want to just add their packages they are selling. I even went as far as pricing Rubicon shocks from my dealership but it was crazy price to do all four. They wont put them in if I purchase them secondhand.

Thanks for your comment and advice, appreciate it. Hoping a few people with a sport out there with this kit can chime in. But it's not looking like it's a popular kit.

jkasmann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Thats too bad about install. I am on Fox 2.0 which have a nice ride and don't feel overly stiff, similar to stock to me. I've added weight over time (bumpers/winch/etc) and now wondering if something stiffer/damper would help reduce sway on some types of terrain.

Sponsored

OP
OP

eman20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Did you change
Thats too bad about install. I am on Fox 2.0 which have a nice ride and don't feel overly stiff, similar to stock to me. I've added weight over time (bumpers/winch/etc) and now wondering if something stiffer/damper would help reduce sway on some types of terrain.
Thanks jkasmann, did you change out to the fox 2.0 when you did the Teraflex Sport ST1 install or you did it at a later stage ? The reason I ask is i'm wondering what the quality of ride would be with keeping the factory shocks and just doing the spacer lift.

jkasmann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I changed everything at once. Spacers with stock shocks shouldn’t change the ride much if at all. Only thing is they limit down travel off road. The fox gave more flex.

OP
OP

eman20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
I changed everything at once. Spacers with stock shocks shouldn’t change the ride much if at all. Only thing is they limit down travel off road. The fox gave more flex.
that’s good to know thanks jkasmann. Is that because the fox shock was longer ? I’m not exactly an expert on shocks

Sponsored

VooDoo1

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S, 2007 FJ Cruiser
I have the 1.5" TeraFlex spacer lift on my 2 door JL. Still running the stock sport shocks. The spacers did not make any difference in the ride. Be aware the 1.5" TeraFlex spacer kit includes 1" front spacers and 1.5" rear spacers. TeraFlex claims the 2 door sits high in the front and the kit levels this. My 2 door Sport S sat level with factory suspension. Teralex does not make a 1.5" spacer. I called TeraFlex and they suggested to stack a 1" and a 1/2" spacer for the front. I am now sitting level with 1.5" lift at all 4 corners.
Tires: 285/70R17 BFG KO2's
Wheels: 17 x 9 w/ +1 offset

JL OFFICE 1.jpg

OP
OP

eman20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
I have the 1.5" TeraFlex spacer lift on my 2 door JL. Still running the stock sport shocks. The spacers did not make any difference in the ride. Be aware the 1.5" TeraFlex spacer kit includes 1" front spacers and 1.5" rear spacers. TeraFlex claims the 2 door sits high in the front and the kit levels this. My 2 door Sport S sat level with factory suspension. Teralex does not make a 1.5" spacer. I called TeraFlex and they suggested to stack a 1" and a 1/2" spacer for the front. I am now sitting level with 1.5" lift at all 4 corners.
Tires: 285/70R17 BFG KO2's
Wheels: 17 x 9 w/ +1 offset

JL OFFICE 1.jpg
Thanks VooDoo1, your jeep looks great same color as mine. Yes I have the sport and I did read about the difference in height in back and front to help with leveling on the 2dr.
Glad to also hear that it doesn't change the ride quality. Does that also go for offRoad ?
Do you think it would be overkill to go for Falcon 3.1 or Fox 2.0 shocks or just stay with the spacers and factory shocks. I'm about 50% on/off road.

Also thanks for the image I see there is a nice extra space in the wheel well in the back which is exactly what I'm after with the 33" tires.
Does it help when you load the back up with gear from drooping in the back ?

Thanks

AlexJeepVB

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2.0T eTorque
The spacer lift itself will not change your ride at all, the shocks would be what makes the ride more firm. Unfortunately the black sport shocks are pretty crappy and prob won't last long with larger tires. When I had my sport I had one blow up days after I lifted it with 35's. You should be fine with either shock, but expect a slightly firmer and more responsive feel with either. To bad you can't find a good shop because a set of Rubicon Monotubes would prob be the perfect fit for the spacer lift.

OP
OP

eman20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
The spacer lift itself will not change your ride at all, the shocks would be what makes the ride more firm. Unfortunately the black sport shocks are pretty crappy and prob won't last long with larger tires. When I had my sport I had one blow up days after I lifted it with 35's. You should be fine with either shock, but expect a slightly firmer and more responsive feel with either. To bad you can't find a good shop because a set of Rubicon Monotubes would prob be the perfect fit for the spacer lift.
thanks I’m only running 33”. I can find a shop to add shocks but adding springs from a take off rubicon no. I would have to buy springs new from them. Same as buying shocks new from them.

AlexJeepVB

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2.0T eTorque
thanks I’m only running 33”. I can find a shop to add shocks but adding springs from a take off rubicon no. I would have to buy springs new from them. Same as buying shocks new from them.
I would say you should just do the spacer lift with the stock shocks to start and if you need to upgrade the shocks later then you can. Ride should be same as stock or better depending on tires you get.
Sponsored