Teraflex or Mopar lift shocks

Mikehikespnw

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sport S Unlimited
Hello all, looking for some input, I'm buying the Mopar lift (without the shocks) from another forum member and am considering either finding Mopar lift shocks or buying teraflex 2.1 sp2.

I thought about getting the dynatrac Enduro sport lift....but after reading that it can't handle too much weight I thought Mopar lift may be the better way to go.

That being said, I have a 2021 sport s unlimited and generally use my jeep to get myself to trailheads and drive on washboard crappy forest roads. I do occasionally go and wheel my Jeep, but nothing crazy (done Ophir pass, Imogene etc).

What are your thoughts? Suggestions? I'm open to other brands!

Thanks much!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mikehikespnw

Mikehikespnw

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I should also mention, it's my daily driver... And will be fitting 35s.

Looking at the new jks tuned fox series 2.5

SoCal JLUS

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 2.0T
Clubs

Hello all, looking for some input, I'm buying the Mopar lift (without the shocks) from another forum member and am considering either finding Mopar lift shocks or buying teraflex 2.1 sp2.

I thought about getting the dynatrac Enduro sport lift....but after reading that it can't handle too much weight I thought Mopar lift may be the better way to go.

That being said, I have a 2021 sport s unlimited and generally use my jeep to get myself to trailheads and drive on washboard crappy forest roads. I do occasionally go and wheel my Jeep, but nothing crazy (done Ophir pass, Imogene etc).

What are your thoughts? Suggestions? I'm open to other brands!

Thanks much!
Hi, I am considering a lift and the Dynatrac is on my list of possibilities. Could you share where you read about this weight problem? I don't overland so maybe that might not be a concern?
Thanks!

OP
OP
Mikehikespnw

Mikehikespnw

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I read this thread
"Dynatrac EnduroSport 2" lift...what to expect? | Jeep Wrangler Forums (JL / JLU) - Rubicon, Sahara, Sport, 4xe, 392 - JLwranglerforums.com" https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/dynatrac-endurosport-2-lift-what-to-expect.47605/

and then looked at what some people had to say...

The main take aways that I saw that it's an awesome lift if you don't have massive weight. There's one guy in the above thread that mentions that the lift is not level when nobody is in the jeep (with a full tank) but then levels out when they sit in it.
Other other mention that concerned me, was the guy with the mountain bikes on the back that bottomed out his suspension a couple times.

Dynatrac itself says it's not for weighted down overland jeeps, but I also have to consider 4 200 pound climbers and their roughly 200 pounds total in gear. I really want a smooth drive on washboard and good drive on freeways!

TCFD40

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
I’ve been running the Falcon (Teraflex) 2.1’s for about a month now. Have them set on the performance setting, and the ride is wonderful. A lot firmer ride, which I prefer. I am also running the Teraflex 2.5” lift with them. Personally though, if I were running the Mopar lift, I would run the Mopar Fox shocks. I believe they are specifically valved to work with the Mopar springs, and I just prefer to use things I know that were made to work together.

Sponsored

At Risk Ute

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
milehightrails.com
Vehicle(s)
‘94 YJ, ‘21 JLR, ‘22 JLUR XR, ‘23 392 XR
Occupation
Retired Navy
Have both. Just get some Rubi takeoffs.

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I have run both. Both are nice lifts but I like the TeraFlex (Falcon vs Fox) more when it comes to the shocks. Honestly though you can't go wrong either way with Falcon vs Fox.

Mopar 2" with Fox shocks:

Jeep Wrangler JL Teraflex or Mopar lift shocks 1664766896549

TeraFlex ST2 with Falcon shocks:

Jeep Wrangler JL Teraflex or Mopar lift shocks 1664766931777

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mikehikespnw

Mikehikespnw

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have both. Just get some Rubi takeoffs.
I currently am running rubi shocks and springs. I need the 2.5 lift to not have my 35s rub (not interested in doing high fenders)

OP
OP
Mikehikespnw

Mikehikespnw

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have run both. Both are nice lifts but I like the TeraFlex (Falcon vs Fox) more when it comes to the shocks. Honestly though you can't go wrong either way with Falcon vs Fox.

Mopar 2" with Fox shocks:

TeraFlex ST2 with Falcon shocks:

Dang sweet looking Jeep! I have run fox on my old jeep and was happy but the teraflex has been very tempting with it's different modes!

OP
OP
Mikehikespnw

Mikehikespnw

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve been running the Falcon (Teraflex) 2.1’s for about a month now. Have them set on the performance setting, and the ride is wonderful. A lot firmer ride, which I prefer. I am also running the Teraflex 2.5” lift with them. Personally though, if I were running the Mopar lift, I would run the Mopar Fox shocks. I believe they are specifically valved to work with the Mopar springs, and I just prefer to use things I know that were made to work together.
Have you driven on washboard with them in performance mode? Has it stayed stable?

I have read about the specific tune with the Mopar shocks, but have heard of people having better results with falcons, more specifically the 3.3s. but not sure I want to shell out that much haha

Sponsored

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
My Falcons are the 3.1 so I don’t have the option to adjust them. That said I have a lot of off-road miles on both and would say that I like the feel of the Falcons slightly better. The difference however is minimal and the real game changer on the washboard roads is airing the tires down and having a nice compressor to air back up.

I do have the adjustable TeraFlex steering stabilizer. At first I thought it was a marketing thing but to have it on the stiff setting for highway road-trips, medium for daily driving, and the softer setting for off-roading has been great and makes a huge difference.

TCFD40

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
Have you driven on washboard with them in performance mode? Has it stayed stable?

I have read about the specific tune with the Mopar shocks, but have heard of people having better results with falcons, more specifically the 3.3s. but not sure I want to shell out that much haha
I hear you on the cost. I caught them during the summer sale a couple months ago. Haven’t had them on anything I’d consider washboard, unless you count the wonderful streets and highways in KY. However, they do soak up those bumps very well.

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
you running brackets for lower control arms or fixed control arms? or adj lca?

TCFD40

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
you running brackets for lower control arms or fixed control arms? or adj lca?
I have the Teraflex Sports. Fixed. Caster is a little high at almost 7, but it’s driving well.

Cthehentz

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I have been running TeraFlex for a few years now, on the trail the jeep is very planted even when one side drops off meaning you don't get that mushy soft shock feel. When running on washboard roads at a decent speed the jeep is smoother than most but not tea on the dash smooth. I will say it is hard to beat a tuned shock for your setup but I do prefer adjustable shocks so I can fine tune the overall ride from shocks to tire pressure and so on.
Sponsored