Sponsored

Teraflex JL / JT: Front Sway Bar Quick Disconnect Kit?

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Hi,
I am thinking about adding a manual sway bar disconnect to my 2020 Rubicon with a 3.5" lift so that on day long or multi day outings I may just disconnect the sway bar manually and have the system remain disconnected until I get back to pavement no matter what gear or what speed I am driving. I would leave the electronic disconnect in place for short term use when the manual disconnect does not seem necessary.

This kit appealed to me because it seems simple and has a nifty bracket for fastening the loose parts when the system is disconnected:

https://teraflex.com/jl-jt-front-sway-bar-quick-disconnect-kit-0-4-5-lift.html

Have you installed one of these Teraflex kits on a Rubicon with a 3.5" lift? Did all the pieces and parts fit, did it function as hoped?

Thank you!
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Yellow Cake Kid

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
... kind of curious to learn if the top mount brackets that hold the disconnected links present any clearance issues for tires during full stuff.

Thank you.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
... kind of curious to learn if the top mount brackets that hold the disconnected links present any clearance issues for tires during full stuff.

Thank you.
I don’t have an answer to your specific question, but if you have tazer mini you can set up your sway bar so you can disconnect in 2wd, 4H, or 4L, and will stay disconnected at any speed. The only thing is if you turn off your engine you’ll have to push the button again.

OP
OP
Yellow Cake Kid

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Thanks for the suggestion.

I am hoping for a hands on mechanical type of solution.
Sponsored