First Name
TeraFlex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teraflex.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT, JK
There's been a few threads posted that our new released ball joints for the JL/JT have been discussed in, but there's not a dedicated thread for them. So let's get one started!

As many JL owners and forum users know and have found out, there is a lot of room for improvement over the factory ball joints that Jeep puts in the JL/JT platforms. The factory joints have plastic ball wear sockets, basic chrome steel ball studs, no grease zerks for servicing, etc. People report having issues with looseness, play, and other signs of failure as early as 10K miles or less. Once that happens, they need to be replaced completely. Not exactly great.

So, if you're looking to upgrade your ball joints to a better, more durable, longer lasting ball joint, check out our newly released JL/JT version ball joints. They have 4140 hardened steel ball studs and sockets, both with manganese phosphate coatings and grease channels. They're greaseable, adjustable, and they have a lifetime warranty. In the rare case that any of the joints loosened up or developed movement, they can be adjusted back into spec with simple hand tools; without needing to disassemble the axle or joint itself. They can also be adjusted will all 4 tires still on the ground in your own driveway. A full pair of 4 comes in at $299.

Jeep Wrangler JL Teraflex HD JL/JT Ball Joints Tera JLJT HD Ball Joints.PNG

https://teraflex.com/jl-jt-dana-30-44-hd-ball-joint-kit-w-out-knurl-2-upper-2-lower.html

Sponsored

falcon241073

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I’ve actually been waiting on these to be released. Now I can send my Jeep over to Clyde and Spyder Offroad to get new gears and ball joints. Thanks.

JKWMD

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon; 2021 JLU Sahara
What is the opinion on these, (or similar products)?
Are the stock ball joints actually a weak link?

SSinGA

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2018 JLUR, 2016 JKRHR, 2012 JKU Sahara
What is the opinion on these, (or similar products)?
Are the stock ball joints actually a weak link?
The stock ball joints have been an issues since the JK introduction. I have 75k miles on the TeraFlex HD joints in my JK with no issues. I would expect the JL/JT version to work just as well.

Will be installing these in my JLUR ASAP.

OP
OP
TeraFlex

TeraFlex

First Name
TeraFlex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teraflex.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT, JK
What took you so long? Glad you stepped up but hells bells, I missed out on your good product by 1 month .
Great question. Being that both the upper and lower joints are an all new design over our JK ball joint design, we've had a few different versions of prototypes over the years across many of our different company Jeeps that have been tested. We wanted to make sure the final design held up and lasted to what we wanted, and as a result we held off releasing them to ensure that they did in fact hold up and last as expected, and I'm happy to say they in fact did.

Sponsored

Bruc29

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Utility worker
What makes these better/same as the synergy ball joints? I see synergy has a metal on metal design, spicer has a hardened steel washer... what do your ball joints have?

OP
OP
TeraFlex

TeraFlex

First Name
TeraFlex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teraflex.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT, JK
What makes these better/same as the synergy ball joints? I see synergy has a metal on metal design, spicer has a hardened steel washer... what do your ball joints have?
Great question. To be honest there is not much that is the same between our HD ball joints and their joints, outside of the fact they're both for the same application. The biggest notable differences will be that our HD ball joints are preload adjustable, meaning as everything breaks in or starts to wear you can tighten the joints back up to factory spec. Where as with the Synergy joints they're fixed, so as they loosen up or wear they'd have to be replaced instead of adjusted. Another notable difference is the Synergy joints use traditional joint dust boots, where as our joints use a lip seal like an axle shaft. Dust boots are more prone to tearing, ripping, and dry rot where as a "lip seal" is far less prone to failure and they will not pop/tear if over greased. Lastly, our joints have a lifetime warranty VS their 12 month warranty.

OP
OP
TeraFlex

TeraFlex

First Name
TeraFlex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teraflex.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT, JK
For anyone that is wondering, we just finished a large batch of of our JL/JT HD ball joints and we are shipping them out to dealers and vendors, along with any direct order as well. Keep an eye out on the shelves for them!

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
@TeraFlex are these ball joints made in USA?

OP
OP
TeraFlex

TeraFlex

First Name
TeraFlex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teraflex.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT, JK
@TeraFlex are these ball joints made in USA?
Yes and no, I'll explain.

Not all the parts in a complete ball joint kit come from the same supplier source. The main metallurgy components like the housing, ball stud, adjuster collar, etc come from Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. Some of the hardware parts between the grease zerks, cotter pin, adjustment wrench, etc come from Taiwan or Japan.

In the end we use whatever supplier can meet our quality control standards and specs, and our production amounts needed. We do strongly prefer to source stuff local to us in Utah, like all the packaging and coatings are, but not everything can be done local or in country; if that makes sense.

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
excellent thank you! Taiwan and Japan are still better than their larger, less friendly neighbor if you can't have 'merica!

Jeep Wrangler JL Teraflex HD JL/JT Ball Joints funny-american-flag-moon-
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.