Sponsored

Teraflex HD Carrier / without reinforcement for 37s

Rubicon21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Hi Everyone;
Anyone running a Teraflex HD Tire Carrier without running a Reinforcement Bracket?

I feel like the Mopar Reinforcement Bracket will only add extra weight to the tailgate........

Ordered the Teraflex HD Tire Carrier for my 37's but am debating whether or not to order a reinforcement bracket
Sponsored

MNWrangx2

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 2013 JK Wrangler Unlimited Freedom
Hi Everyone;
Anyone running a Teraflex HD Tire Carrier without running a Reinforcement Bracket?

I feel like the Mopar Reinforcement Bracket will only add extra weight to the tailgate........

Ordered the Teraflex HD Tire Carrier for my 37's but am debating whether or not to order a reinforcement bracket
I just put it on during the quarantine for Nitto Ridge Grappler 35's on AEV Saverge II 17" wheels. It's working, but the tires are pretty heavy (105 lb?) and I'm adding the Teraflex Hi-Lift mount too. I would like to add Teraflex's Alpha reinforcement when they come out with that, just to be safe. What reinforcement where you looking at - Mopar's? I want to use the Hi-Lift mount too, and Mopar's CB/flag mount hole may be in the way.

OP
OP
Rubicon21

Rubicon21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I just put it on during the quarantine for Nitto Ridge Grappler 35's on AEV Saverge II 17" wheels. It's working, but the tires are pretty heavy (105 lb?) and I'm adding the Teraflex Hi-Lift mount too. I would like to add Teraflex's Alpha reinforcement when they come out with that, just to be safe. What reinforcement where you looking at - Mopar's? I want to use the Hi-Lift mount too, and Mopar's CB/flag mount hole may be in the way.
I was thinking of using the Mopar reinforcement but it just doesn't make sense to me in the end... - Feel like im only adding extra weight to the tailgate without reinforcing the actual hinges

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I was thinking of using the Mopar reinforcement but it just doesn't make sense to me in the end... - Feel like im only adding extra weight to the tailgate without reinforcing the actual hinges
Your feeling towards the mopar "reinforcement" is spot on. It stiffens the actual panel, but adds unnecessary weight to the true weak point, the hinges.

I currently have a 38x13.5 Milestar Pat on 17x9 KMC XD137 Brutes hanging off an Alpha HD with no reinforcement. Also patiently holding out for the matching hinged reinforcement. I've yet to have any issues or sagging from daily driving and some washboarded trails, but am definitely planning on beefing up the tailgate before any serious crawling.

Kev84

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I am going through this right now. I just have the stock carrier. I have extended the stops but yesterday on the trail I could hear and see my 35s flopping around back there. Made me very nervous. Even heard a POP and one point.
I thought about Teraflex carrier with reinforcement but I keep thinking by the time I buy both I could just buy a complete carrier like Rusty's, Motobuilt or something like that.
My 35s and wheels are probably around 100-105 pounds already. I am wanting to haul a gas can and maybe some other tools also.
Sponsored