Teraflex Falcon SP2 2.1 Monotube Shocks

BigBruse

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep rubicon
Just ordered these shocks and wanted to know what setting to put them at for the best comfort ride? This is my Dailey commute vehicle. They have a soft and performance setting.
Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP

BigBruse

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep rubicon
Just ordered these shocks and wanted to know what setting to put them at for the best comfort ride? This is my Dailey commute vehicle. They have a soft and performance setting.
Thanks
Bump

Mreservices

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU High Altitude
I don't have them but am looking to purchase some in the VERY near future. From what I understand, they have (2) settings. One that is for performance and is stiffer (daily driver on highways) and a softer Off-road/Cold setting which is softer. I spoke with Taraflex today and they actually recommended the softer setting for my daily driving and washed out gravel roads. They are are a digressive shock so I expect even on the softest setting they will ride firmer that stock which is what I am looking for.

Bulldog4xFour

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ5, 2022 JLUS 4xe, 2022 JT Mojave
I put them on our 4xe, so I set them to the higher setting. I was surprised by how soft they feel since other reviews say they are very stiff, but I have been very happy with them on the 4xe so far.

Mreservices

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU High Altitude
Well, I pulled the trigger. Morris 4x4 had them for 15% off online. They should be here this week and hope to get them installed next weekend. I'll give an update once installed.

Sponsored

Billkowski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 80th 2D 3.6 Etorque, 2023 JT Mojave
I put mine in performance mode on my very light 2 door, they are very firm, no roll. I like it that way but for most it would likely be a bit too bumpy.

Omen

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Willys 2.0
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT Manager
I have mine set to soft. The ride is improving as the shocks wear in. I am in a climate that Falcon suggests my setting. When it warms up next spring, I plan on trying the 'Performance' setting to see how they differ. The ride is definitely different than the stock Rubi reds I had from the factory. Since ride harshness is subjective, only each owner can say how they felt. I find a fair amount of rear axle bump steer on my short wheelbase JL and the cracks every 5 feet on the concrete roads in my area quickly feel like desert washboards. Is it harsh to me? I would say a little, but I wouldn't have it any other way! These Falcons show their strengths after the pavement ends.

Omen
Sponsored