Willing&Able

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 20th Anniversary
Clubs

I've had the Teraflex RT3 long arm kit with Falcon 3.3 on a 3.5" for about a year now. Even on the softest setting I find it to ride stiff. This is ok on the streets, but offroad it is almost jarring.

Can this be addressed without replacing in full? Can I swap in different springs to help? Thanks for any guidance!
Sponsored

Jeepr

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 2dr Rubicon
I've had the Teraflex RT3 long arm kit with Falcon 3.3 on a 3.5" for about a year now. Even on the softest setting I find it to ride stiff. This is ok on the streets, but offroad it is almost jarring.

Can this be addressed without replacing in full? Can I swap in different springs to help? Thanks for any guidance!

Did you rotate the shaft to the cold/soft setting? This adjustment is independent of the knob.

AccuTunedJL

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
Having the shocks be revalved for your Jeeps weight and terrain preference would be ideal, however I'm not aware of anyone that can tune those shocks. You may want to ask Teraflex?

OP
OP
Willing&Able

Willing&Able

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

Did you rotate the shaft to the cold/soft setting? This adjustment is independent of the knob.
I turn the red thumb dial to the softest setting yes. The micro dial - if this is what you mean by shaft - is only for the two setting. Teraflex confirmed that the softest 'macro dial' is softer than the softest 'micro dial' - i.e. a setting of 2.1 if you will.

Sponsored

Jeepr

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 2dr Rubicon
I turn the red thumb dial to the softest setting yes. The micro dial - if this is what you mean by shaft - is only for the two setting. Teraflex confirmed that the softest 'macro dial' is softer than the softest 'micro dial' - i.e. a setting of 2.1 if you will.

let me attempt a better explanation/illustration... If you disconnect the lower shock mount for the front and the rear, you are able to rotate the shaft to make further adjustments. You will want to support your jeep where your axle is at full droop minus a fraction of a percent to take the weight of the axle off of the shock fastener. My mark up shows the upper body rotating, but this is better achieved by rotating the lower shaft while the upper bolt is still in place. The instructions stated to rotate at least 360 degrees, but did not state a maximum rotation. I rotated the shaft 1080 degrees and did note a softer response. The torque spec for reinstalling the fastener was 53 ft/lbs. I don't know if you have a two or four door jeep but I read previously that some of the four door guys were sending there shocks back to get 2 door valving installed, but I have not verified this.

Jeep Wrangler JL Teraflex Falcon 3.3:  Way to soften? Falcon.PNG

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Teraflex will more than likely offer to valve them for a 2dr. It’ll help some. I’d suggest selling those and having accutune build you some just for your Jeep. You’re not alone with the 3.3 and harsh ride.

brett

OP
OP
Willing&Able

Willing&Able

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

let me attempt a better explanation/illustration... If you disconnect the lower shock mount for the front and the rear, you are able to rotate the shaft to make further adjustments. You will want to support your jeep where your axle is at full droop minus a fraction of a percent to take the weight of the axle off of the shock fastener. My mark up shows the upper body rotating, but this is better achieved by rotating the lower shaft while the upper bolt is still in place. The instructions stated to rotate at least 360 degrees, but did not state a maximum rotation. I rotated the shaft 1080 degrees and did note a softer response. The torque spec for reinstalling the fastener was 53 ft/lbs. I don't know if you have a two or four door jeep but I read previously that some of the four door guys were sending there shocks back to get 2 door valving installed, but I have not verified this.

Jeep Wrangler JL Teraflex Falcon 3.3:  Way to soften? Falcon.PNG
Ah, that makes more sense. I didn't install, but will look into that if it helps in a noticeable
way. Thanks !

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR, 2007 Yamaha R6
Ah, that makes more sense. I didn't install, but will look into that if it helps in a noticeable
way. Thanks !
It also depends on if you have the SP1 version or SP2 version. If it's SP1 then you're SOL on that respect. SP2 introduced the new setting of soft and sport independent of the other adjusters. These two settings can only be changed with the shocks off the jeep, and you do it by turning the shaft like Gary says above. If you have the SP1 version, then you can't do this, and the softest setting you have currently is the softest setting. Hope this helps and further clarifies things.

OP
OP
Willing&Able

Willing&Able

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

It also depends on if you have the SP1 version or SP2 version. If it's SP1 then you're SOL on that respect. SP2 introduced the new setting of soft and sport independent of the other adjusters. These two settings can only be changed with the shocks off the jeep, and you do it by turning the shaft like Gary says above. If you have the SP1 version, then you can't do this, and the softest setting you have currently is the softest setting. Hope this helps and further clarifies things.
Good to know. I have the SP2, so sounds like they can be adjusted. I didn't install - is there a way by looking to know which of the two settings my 'shaft twist' was set to?

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR, 2007 Yamaha R6
Good to know. I have the SP2, so sounds like they can be adjusted. I didn't install - is there a way by looking to know which of the two settings my 'shaft twist' was set to?
That I do not know. I don't have the shocks personally. I just know that that is a new function of the SP2's.
Sponsored