Sponsored

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
There’s a debate on another forum about Bronco tire sizes.

Dennis says in the video (min. 4:27) that his Bronco has 235 tires. He mentally does the math and says it is a 29-inch —which is about right for a 235 tire.

The Ford press releases don’t show tires that small being offered on Bronco —see below.

So who’s right? Is Dennis high, or is Ford overpromising and underdelivering, as usual...?

1628303516004.png
The Badlands he’s driving has 285/70/17s. Same as a regular Rubicon.
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
The Badlands he’s driving has 285/70/17s. Same as a regular Rubicon.
Do you know that for a fact? Because very clearly that’s not what he says on the video.

Then again, this Dennis we are talking about. Half time I think he is just high... 😫

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
Do you know that for a fact? Because very clearly that’s not what he says on the video.

Then again, this Dennis we are talking about. Half time I think he is just high... 😫
Yes. I’m very active on the Bronco 6G forums as well. The Badlands comes stock with 285/70/17s and 4.46 gears. You can upgrade it to Sasquatch which is 315/70/17s & 4.70 gears. The manual Badlands comes with 285/70/17s and 4.70s.

EJWF11

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Grocho marx reviews a yellow suv…

mpg, meh… buy a honda.

what? You want big tires, buy’m!!

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Between TFL and this video, the yellow Bronco really looks like a school bus. I think it's the front section with the very broad, very flat hood! lol! It kinda has old ford schoolbus vibes.

The dude from TFL said the seats were much better, but thought the interior otherwise wasn't as nice as the JL... and based on pictures anyway, that's what I figured. The Bronco's dashboard looks awful lol.

Another observation about the Bronco is it has the steering wheel tilted back quite a bit. This is a Ford thing. Jeeps have the steering wheel very vertical. That's a Chrysler thing. Personally I prefer the vertical steering wheels. I was used to our 300 and felt really weird driving a Taurus because of that once lol.

Between the body shape and the wider stance, I wonder if the Bronco will be safer than the JL Wranglers are.

I do look forward to eventually test driving one, even if I'm like 99% certain I'd never buy one. I don't hate it. In fact, in blue I think they look pretty sweet! I'm just pretty happy with my Jeep.

Sponsored

TGB

First Name
TGB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Yup. And so have millions of other Jeep owners.

I think Ford is going to find it hard to dislodge owners who love their Jeep.

The low-hanging fruit will be Wrangler lessees who are looking for the next cool thing to drive for the next couple years.
The new bronco is just that....NEW.
Broncos is pretty much untested unlike jeep.
This reminds me a little of Harley versus Indian.

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
What is it with the flickering headlights on the Bronco? Seen it happening in a few videos.

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
What is it with the flickering headlights on the Bronco? Seen it happening in a few videos.
Because that is exactly what happens. Our human eye cannot see the flickering of LEDs occur in front of us as it is just too fast.

To understand why the LED flickers on video, let me explain the pure science behind it.

LEDs are powered by alternating current, AC, in which electrons in the electricity move in and out of the circuit in cycles.

Sanchese

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Rubicon, 2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon on Order
I used to like the way broncos used to look back in the day.
Today however it does not impress me.
They are trying to get into the jeep niche and I can understand that.
Most jeep owners will probably not buy a Bronco.
Jeep is one of those things.
You do not just like it you love it!

Hootbro

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2022 JT RUBICON
It is the difference between the pulse width modulation controlling the LED light and the frame rate of the camera recording. Very rarely are they at the same rate and you will get the flicker.

A similar example is video of rotorcraft or prop driven aircraft running and the blades look like they are floating or even alternating between forward and backward motion. Same principle with the camera recording frame rate.

Sponsored

cristofer

First Name
Cristofer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
My wife and I test drove the Bronco (Big Bend with Sasquatch package) just to see what it was like. It drives nice for a big off-road SUV, but it feels a lot like a boat. It's enormous. It feels like you're going into the oncoming lane when you're driving on a divided highway. It's definitely "neat" but we were both happy to get back into our Rubicon when the ride was over. And yeah, 14 mpg. I don't drive a Jeep for the miles per gallon, but it's still not that bad.
Jeep Wrangler JL TeraFlex Drives 2021 Bronco and prefers Jeep 2021_bronco_WEB

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
I don't have anything against the Bronco, but it's basically just a little Ford Raptor with a brick like body reminiscent of the first gen Bronco and a bunch of jeep features they ripped off. The raptor might even have an advantage with the leaf sprung rear. I have friends who've dumped 100k into raptors and they look silly in the rocks (flat out hauling in the desert notwithstanding). I guess we'll see what the aftermarket cooks up.. should be interesting.

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase

Wraif

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 2-door manual Rubicon, 09 JKU
The Bronco's mpg is horrific to say the least. It will be its Achilles heal.
I can’t believe all the talk about MPG of the Bronco or the Jeep. Someone, an intelligent someone, would never buy either of these vehicles primarily for their mileage. We buy Jeep’s because they are fantastic 4 season vehicles that can go anywhere, anytime for any reason. They are fun. Someone else may buy a Bronco because they are new and they have to have the newest toy to impress their friends. Either way, you’re driving something that has the aerodynamics of a barn. You really should have another reason for driving it. And yes, I know there are attempts by Jeep to improve the fuel efficiency of our beloved Jeeps, but remember, those are government mandates. They have to try. Otherwise, they would come from the factory on 40’s. I’ve owned every version of the Wrangler since before they were Wranglers. CJ-5 and on. I don’t care what mileage it gets, it’ll be another Jeep that’s next, not a Bronco.
Sponsored