Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
"...and those handles on the hood...not sure what they are...I guess they give you a good point of reference before you smash that fender into a rock..."

Gotta love Dennis...! šŸ˜« :LOL:

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Yup. And so have millions of other Jeep owners.

I think Ford is going to find it hard to dislodge owners who love their Jeep.

The low-hanging fruit will be Wrangler lessees who are looking for the next cool thing to drive for the next couple years.

aro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
The low-hanging fruit will be Wrangler lessees who are looking for the next cool thing to drive for the next couple years.
Which could be a pretty high number. It's safe to assume that the Bronco will affect Wrangler sales, but what about eating into the 4Runner numbers?

Sponsored

JTsGarage

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Yup. And so have millions of other Jeep owners.

I think Ford is going to find it hard to dislodge owners who love their Jeep.

Jeep Gladiator owner here and previous JKU owner. My wife and I made a reservation early on for a Bronco because it seemed really impressive. Fast-forward a year and I've just now recently had an opportunity to test drive the proper "big" Bronco. After driving it, there was just something missing compared to a Jeep. And I don't consider myself a huge Jeep fanboy but maybe unconsciously I am. The Bronco was nice but it felt like a Walmart Jeep. More like a modern SUV or pick-up, which may make for a better daily driver but definitely loses the old-school charm in the process. Even little design details like the Easter eggs weren't as fun because in the back of my mind I knew Ford had copied it from Jeep. Maybe if the Bronco had a tailgate that dropped down like the original Bronco that would make it more distinctive, I don't know. I think Ford probably hit their target with the Bronco but it's missing the soul of a Jeep.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Gladiator owner here and previous JKU owner. My wife and I made a reservation early on for a Bronco because it seemed really impressive. Fast-forward a year and I've just now recently had an opportunity to test drive the proper "big" Bronco. After driving it, there was just something missing compared to a Jeep. And I don't consider myself a huge Jeep fanboy but maybe unconsciously I am. The Bronco was nice but it felt like a Walmart Jeep. More like a modern SUV or pick-up, which may make for a better daily driver but definitely loses the old-school charm in the process. Even little design details like the Easter eggs weren't as fun because in the back of my mind I knew Ford had copied it from Jeep. Maybe if the Bronco had a tailgate that dropped down like the original Bronco that would make it more distinctive, I don't know. I think Ford probably hit their target with the Bronco but it's missing the soul of a Jeep.
The competition, be Toyota FJ Cruiser, 4Runner, Nissan Xterra, or Ford Bronco, always start from the same premise: that Wranglerā€™s suspension is outdated and needs to be modernized.

But what makes Wrangler so unique is precisely its combination of solid axles and Quadra-Coil suspension. The same features that make our heads bob side-to-side on the trails and the steering wander all over the road, give Wrangler its great articulation and that gratifying feeling of capability. Without them, Wrangler would drive and feel just like anything else on the road.

You either love the way Wrangler drives and feels or you donā€™t. If you love it, then there just isnā€™t anything else like it.

I tried to move on from Wranglers twice before. Both times I missed it so dearly I was back within six months.

A number of Wrangler owners will move on and never look back. Others will trade in their Wrangler for a Bronco, lured by the promise of improved on-road handling and comfort, only to realize a few months later that Bronco doesnā€™t feel nearly as special. A core group of Jeep owners will stay put.

I learned my lesson and have come to terms with the fact that there will always need to be a Wrangler in my garage. And Iā€™m fine with that.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

"I didn't get sticky."

Now there's a reason to run out and buy a Bronco. :LOL:

Sponsored

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Heā€™s comparing mileage to a diesel? Why doesnā€™t he compare mpg to the 392? I got 16-17 all day from my 2dr JK rubi in the hwy.

Not surprised by the review, they are not going to be offering lifts since itā€™s ifs. Too difficult and costly.

mastrcruse

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
Pretty cool video. All in all - I think the bronco will be out with us Jeepers and I look forward to it. Its inferior and superior in some ways vs. the Jeep. I look forward to seeing what the aftermarket community does with it. Hopefully it becomes something that pushes the boundaries!

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Heā€™s comparing mileage to a diesel? Why doesnā€™t he compare mpg to the 392? I got 16-17 all day from my 2dr JK rubi in the hwy.

Not surprised by the review, they are not going to be offering lifts since itā€™s ifs. Too difficult and costly.
Hahaha!

Watching that video I was thinking "Man, Dennis is really blowing his chances of supplying lifts for Bronco..."

But then again, Dennis probably took a look at that IFS and said "F**k this shit..." :LOL:

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase

I am pretty sure a Wrangler with the 2.0T on 30-inch tires, the closest to that Bronco, would have gotten 25 MPG on the freeway.

There's got to be a good 1,000 lb difference between a base Wrangler and a 4-door Bronco.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
I am pretty sure a Wrangler with the 2.0T on 30-inch tires, the closest to that Bronco, would have gotten 25 MPG on the freeway.

There's got to be a good 1,000 lb difference between a base Wrangler and a 4-door Bronco.
What does the 2.0 get going 80?
Sponsored