Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I have about 1,000 miles on them now and this is my experience:

CAR OF TOMORROW (2).png
CAR OF TOMORROW (4).png

At this point, I am definitely a fanboy of @TeraFlex brakes!!
I have about 300-400 miles on mine now and have experienced the same thing first hand. The more I drive it, the more I love these brakes.
Sponsored

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
I have about 300-400 miles on mine now and have experienced the same thing first hand. The more I drive it, the more I love these brakes.
Same...totally worth it. These are the brakes we should have had from the start.

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
Anyone know if 17in fifteen52 wheels would clear the brakes? Once I get 37s I have a feeling i’ll be wanting better brakes

Barney392

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
Does anyone know if the Delta brake kit will fit the 392 non-XR wheels? Using the template it appears they won't fit. Looks like adding spacers will help but it still looks iffy. Thanks.

SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimted Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
after reading all the positive comments I decided to get the Teraflex Delta Brake kit front and rear. Looking forward to installing these! I’ve never done a brake swap but I have above average mechanical ability so I’ll tackle this on my own.

IMG_3104.jpeg

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
after reading all the positive comments I decided to get the Teraflex Delta Brake kit front and rear. Looking forward to installing these! I’ve never done a brake swap but I have above average mechanical ability so I’ll tackle this on my own.

Jeep Wrangler JL Teraflex Delta Brake Upgrade! IMG_3104
Nice! What wheels are you running w/ them?

Floriduramax3.0

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrngler Rubicon Unlimited 3.0td

IMG_3104.jpeg
Check all the parts and pieces are in the bags and in good shape. I had one of the thin long clips that hold the pad retaining pins come in two pieces. I have not found anything local that matches so I will need to get in touch with Teraflex. Right now I have two small cotter pins through the holes of the pad retainer pins on one caliper.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I honestly don't see why any 17" wheel wouldn't

Check all the parts and pieces are in the bags and in good shape. I had one of the thin long clips that hold the pad retaining pins come in two pieces. I have not found anything local that matches so I will need to get in touch with Teraflex. Right now I have two small cotter pins through the holes of the pad retainer pins on one caliper.
I can see some wheels not working due to not enough backspace so I would use the template.

For your broken clip, check for a 2015 Toyota Tundra at any of the local parts stores.

SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I honestly don't see why any 17" wheel wouldn't

thanks. I will certainly do that and check the parts list. Don’t want any surprises

Sponsored

Floriduramax3.0

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrngler Rubicon Unlimited 3.0td
I can see some wheels not working due to not enough backspace so I would use the template.

For your broken clip, check for a 2015 Toyota Tundra at any of the local parts stores.
You know, when I typed that out I thought about the back spacing and thought I had deleted that line about fitment. I will check on the Toyota parts. Thank You! I have never seen a clip and pin set up like this before. I love the brakes but I don't really care for the clip and pin system as the pads are allowed to move freely forward and aft as you apply brakes and they make noise. But as I said, I love the stopping power!

You can actually engage the antilock motor with the 40's now! It's a very odd feeling when the antilock kicks on. It feels like it actually pulls the pedal down on it's own.

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Got the Tearaflex BBK installed today. Took 7 hours as I’m still recovering from hip replacement. This is my first ever brake job! Proud of myself. And they work. I think I need to do a second bleed to get a little more firmness in the pedal. I do notice a difference and am happy with the upgrade.
Jeep Wrangler JL Teraflex Delta Brake Upgrade! IMG_3108

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Got the Tearaflex BBK installed today. Took 7 hours as I’m still recovering from hip replacement. This is my first ever brake job! Proud of myself. And they work. I think I need to do a second bleed to get a little more firmness in the pedal. I do notice a difference and am happy with the upgrade.
Jeep Wrangler JL Teraflex Delta Brake Upgrade! IMG_3108
Nice work! Note that you need to do a bleed job with the ABS activated. If you have JSCAN, it makes it easy.
Sponsored