Sponsored

TeraFlex basic 2.5” spring with 9550 VSS Twin Tube shocks and extras to make it correct.

OP
OP
Mikester86

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Just want to update. Dropping the Jeep off at the shop Sunday. Will pick it back up Friday. I am really looking forward to this transformation.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mikester86

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Just ordered Toyo A/T3’s in 35/11.5/17’s from Discount Tire and have install appt. Saturday morning. That is if the wife doesn’t kill me first. Just Empty Every Pocket is getting me in trouble. 😉

Remorseless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR 2.0T, '21 KL TH 3.2, '19 Charger R/T 5.7
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Holier Than Thou Internet Bully, Part-Time Online Boy Scout, Full-Time Arson Enthusiast
Just ordered Toyo A/T3’s in 35/11.5/17’s from Discount Tire and have install appt. Saturday morning. That is if the wife doesn’t kill me first. Just Empty Every Pocket is getting me in trouble. 😉
I laid out the cost for 37s + beadlocks to the wife and I swear I saw her soul leave her body for a minute... Gotta be careful dropping those kind of numbers on the better half!

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
I laid out the cost for 37s + beadlocks to the wife and I swear I saw her soul leave her body for a minute... Gotta be careful dropping those kind of numbers on the better half!
Be sure to deduct the credit for selling the stockers before presenting, lol.

Sponsored

Remorseless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR 2.0T, '21 KL TH 3.2, '19 Charger R/T 5.7
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Holier Than Thou Internet Bully, Part-Time Online Boy Scout, Full-Time Arson Enthusiast
After the next few wheeling trips I'll have to update my thread with the spreadsheet I made laying out and tabulating costs for all the parts I'm thinking about. Made the mistake of putting it all on a shared google sheet.

OP
OP
Mikester86

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Funny, I was just calculating the pro-rated price for the stockers. They will have less than 8,000 miles on them and have been 5 tire rotated at 4,558 miles. New are $314 each. My pro-rated price comes out to $263.76 each. I’ll decide on a final number once ready to sell.

azjl#3

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sarge Green JLR
I have had the 9550s on three JK/JLs, like them on and off the road.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mikester86

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Well, I’m still alive even after informing the wife I purchased tires. About 90 minutes until we leave to pickup my Jeep then a 2 hour drive. I will definitely look it all over and make sure it’s all correct from the eyeball test anyways.

This shop is very reputable and I am sure they nailed it, but I was burned bad by a local shop on the lift on the JLUR we had. They basically did nothing correct. We shall see. 🙂

OP
OP
Mikester86

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
I am loving the lift so far. Rides really good. Softens up road bumps greatly, yet firm enough to help with nose dive.

As far as the tires go, have to wait until next week. Tires delivered to Discount Tire were 20’s, not 17’s. So they were re-ordered and should arrive Monday.

Gmanjeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
I am loving the lift so far. Rides really good. Softens up road bumps greatly, yet firm enough to help with nose dive.

As far as the tires go, have to wait until next week. Tires delivered to Discount Tire were 20’s, not 17’s. So they were re-ordered and should arrive Monday.
Now that you have had it for awhile, how do you like your new set up. A couple of months ago I sold my JTR with a 2.5 Clayton Off Road, 37” BFG, and 5:13 gears. Looked ultra sharp, but ride was a little rough and wife did not like getting up into it (even with RSE power steps) or riding in it. I bought a used JLR with 2341 miles and the 2.0 turbo and we both love it. It is easy to get into, peppy, and surprisingly comfortable on the highway with around 20 mpg with regular gas and driving 75 mph. I am torn between leaving it stock vs adding 35s with or without a mild lift, spacer or springs etc. We will probably off road it only a couple times a year, mostly in Colorado. I do not want to do anything to negatively impact the ride, comfort, or gas mileage. Let me know how you like your new set up.

OP
OP
Mikester86

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Now that you have had it for awhile, how do you like your new set up. A couple of months ago I sold my JTR with a 2.5 Clayton Off Road, 37” BFG, and 5:13 gears. Looked ultra sharp, but ride was a little rough and wife did not like getting up into it (even with RSE power steps) or riding in it. I bought a used JLR with 2341 miles and the 2.0 turbo and we both love it. It is easy to get into, peppy, and surprisingly comfortable on the highway with around 20 mpg with regular gas and driving 75 mph. I am torn between leaving it stock vs adding 35s with or without a mild lift, spacer or springs etc. We will probably off road it only a couple times a year, mostly in Colorado. I do not want to do anything to negatively impact the ride, comfort, or gas mileage. Let me know how you like your new set up.
I still love the new setup. It’s little firmer than stock because the TeraFlex springs take in account steel bumpers, winches and accessories. It levels out the Jeep and the ride is not harsh or jarring.

We took it off road for a fall trail ride, aired down to 20 psi and it was much better than the stock suspension in my opinion.

I am about 5’8” tall and can step into it without using the side steps. Put my right foot onto the floor board and use the grab handle and a little hop and I’m in. My wife is shorter then me and uses the side steps to enter and basically slides out. I cringe every time she slides off of the leather seat.

The 2.0 Turbo, auto transmission and 4:10 gears are just fine with 35’s. Seeing 8th gear is common and I would only re-gear if going to 37’s.

My MPG is about 18.9 with the colder weather and winter fuel 87 octane.

It handles very well on road and off. I would do it all over again given the option. The extra off-road capabilities and on road confidence with the lift and 35’s was well worth it.

I am extremely happy with my current build and as a daily driver and weekend warrior it’s in a good place.

I wrestled with leaving it stock too, but in my heart I knew where I wanted it to be. I’m really enjoying the smiles per gallon! Best of luck with your decision.

Gmanjeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
I still love the new setup. It’s little firmer than stock because the TeraFlex springs take in account steel bumpers, winches and accessories. It levels out the Jeep and the ride is not harsh or jarring.

We took it off road for a fall trail ride, aired down to 20 psi and it was much better than the stock suspension in my opinion.

I am about 5’8” tall and can step into it without using the side steps. Put my right foot onto the floor board and use the grab handle and a little hop and I’m in. My wife is shorter then me and uses the side steps to enter and basically slides out. I cringe every time she slides off of the leather seat.

The 2.0 Turbo, auto transmission and 4:10 gears are just fine with 35’s. Seeing 8th gear is common and I would only re-gear if going to 37’s.

My MPG is about 18.9 with the colder weather and winter fuel 87 octane.

It handles very well on road and off. I would do it all over again given the option. The extra off-road capabilities and on road confidence with the lift and 35’s was well worth it.

I am extremely happy with my current build and as a daily driver and weekend warrior it’s in a good place.

I wrestled with leaving it stock too, but in my heart I knew where I wanted it to be. I’m really enjoying the smiles per gallon! Best of luck with your decision.
I am around 5‘ 6” (maybe less with age?) and my wife is 5’ 2”. We are both in our early 70s. I have had six or seven Jeeps, including a couple of TJs, a couple of JKUs, and the JT and my JL, with 2.0 and 8 speed transmission is the best overall riding Jeep, which includes handling, power, maneuverability etc i have had. (We probably all want to justify what we have. LOL). I had an experienced Jeeper suggest I run 35 x 11.5s without a lift. I am probably going to keep it stock, at least for now, and probably see what it does. We have a trip planned for the Breckenridge, Colorado, area next fall and I would like to take it out sometime before that in the spring or summer. If I do tires and a lift I want to do it one time!
Sponsored