• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Sold: Oregon Teraflex Alpha spare tire carrier (used)

OminousSkitter

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
Occupation
Software & Coastal Engineer
I have a used Teraflex Alpha spare tire carrier. In Bend, OR.

https://teraflex.com/shop_items/5c941ed856d70ed493a79c91

Cost: $200 + Shipping *
MSRP is $315

Jeep Wrangler JL Teraflex Alpha spare tire carrier (used) IMG_0670

First owner, around 6 months use / 7000 mostly-highway miles. Currently does not include the jam nuts (I think they're in Texas).

* Payment methods: Cash strongly preferred; PayPal friends and family if not local
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
OminousSkitter

OminousSkitter

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
Occupation
Location bump.

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Will you ship to Texas for the $200? Why are you selling it? Anything else missing or wrong with it?

OP
OP
OminousSkitter

OminousSkitter

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
Occupation
Nothing is wrong with it, and only the jam nuts are missing. They're only needed for moving the lug studs for different tire sizes. I have someone checking my storage to see if they can mail them to me. There's no corrosion or scratches, and I have all the tiny screws for the camera.

While I love the adjustability, aluminum construction, camera housing, and 3rd brake light of it, after using it for a few months, I decided I needed hinge reinforcement. Not because my tire/wheel combo needs it. It's close to the max weight, and I carry things like bicycles and gas on the spare and a small toolbox on the inside. I got tired of waiting on Teraflex to release their hinge reinforcement.

Haven't decided that I want to ship it, yet. But it would be $200 + actual shipping costs. And it would need to be a payment method that's like cash (i.e. PayPal Friends and Family). While I can process credit cards, I've been burned by people filing claims stating I never shipped anything; they ended up getting it for free, and I still had credit card processing fees.

OP
OP
OminousSkitter

OminousSkitter

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
Occupation
Shipping / Payment bump

Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Nothing is wrong with it, and only the jam nuts are missing. They're only needed for moving the lug studs for different tire sizes. I have someone checking my storage to see if they can mail them to me. There's no corrosion or scratches, and I have all the tiny screws for the camera.

While I love the adjustability, aluminum construction, camera housing, and 3rd brake light of it, after using it for a few months, I decided I needed hinge reinforcement. Not because my tire/wheel combo needs it. It's close to the max weight, and I carry things like bicycles and gas on the spare and a small toolbox on the inside. I got tired of waiting on Teraflex to release their hinge reinforcement.

Haven't decided that I want to ship it, yet. But it would be $200 + actual shipping costs. And it would need to be a payment method that's like cash (i.e. PayPal Friends and Family). While I can process credit cards, I've been burned by people filing claims stating I never shipped anything; they ended up getting it for free, and I still had credit card processing fees.
Why won’t you pair this with the hinge reinforcement from rugged ridge like many have done and have worked perfectly for them?

OP
OP
OminousSkitter

OminousSkitter

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
Occupation
Any bounce or rattle?
No bounce or rattle. Should be good for up to 37s without hinge reinforcement. I know one member here has 40s and uses this carrier with just the Mopar non-hinge reinforcement.

Why won’t you pair this with the hinge reinforcement from rugged ridge like many have done and have worked perfectly for them?
Not what I wanted to do. I'm glad this works with other people.
Sponsored