First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Well, I tried again. And it still doesn't work. When I ordered through @Northridge4x4 I stated I needed the adapter for '21 camera. Nothing changed and still no adapter. Emailed them on 4/17 to say the carrier didn't work with my camera and still haven't received a response, now 7 days later.

I also emailed @TeraFlex the same day and on 4/21 they replied that they had an adapter and would send it. It was shipped out the following day and delivered today. However, the bracket TF sent was very obviously opened before and broken. Thanks for sending a broken adapter. How did this make it out of your shipping department?

So, I've tried the tire carrier twice now, started install twice now, and still don't have a full functional carrier.

Packaging as it arrived today. Obviously already opened and damaged. This is how it was dropped in the FedEx envelope. This seemed like it was ready to ship to another customer?
TF Camera Adapter 1.jpg

Adapter out of the package, very clearly broken.
TF Camera Adapter 2.jpg

I appreciate the somewhat quick response from TF but then to get an obviously damaged part today seems at the very least careless if not negligent. I mean, not the biggest issue, but just kind of a F.U. on a day I really didn't need it.
Odd thing is that I also have a 2021 JLURD and mine went on easy as can be (including camera), even with my below average mechanical skills. Mine was bought in September 2020. What vintage is yours?
Sponsored

OP
OP
GearWhore

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Triumph Speed Triple
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
We ordered & took delivery about the same time I think. You don't have the front trail camera, right? It sounds like the rear camera is different for those of us with that front camera.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Odd thing is that I also have a 2021 JLURD and mine went on easy as can be (including camera), even with my below average mechanical skills. Mine was bought in September 2020. What vintage is yours?
Read post # 26

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
We ordered & took delivery about the same time I think. You don't have the front trail camera, right? It sounds like the rear camera is different for those of us with that front camera.
That explains it. Thanks, and good luck with getting it straightened out. The Teraflex is an excellent piece of hardware.

SG19JLUR

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I have the Teraflex carrier on my ā€˜21 and I didnā€™t have any issues and did not require the new bracket. For what itā€™s worth, I do NOT have the front trail cam.

Sponsored

PJJPtx

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 392, '21 JLUR, '18 Sahara, Viper TT, Gallardo
@TeraFlex why is this not already included in the kit. I just got everything taken apart only to realize I cannot complete the project. I did send a message through your website, but this is frustrating!

OP
OP
GearWhore

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
On April 24 I told them the adapter they sent was broken. April 26 customer service replied with an apology and said they'd get a new piece shipped out. May 4 I sent another inquiry because I still hasn't received it. May 6 I got a reply that they were out of stock. So we wait. And then wait some more. Then email or call, then wait some more. Then email or call. Then wait some more. But! They do have a solution! Just not available... Frustrating is right.

Kingz0489

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
awaiting my JLURD
I just purchased this kit for my 2021. It is still not included. Itā€™s Saturday and Iā€™m stuck without the proper parts. I left a message hopefully Iā€™ll get a call soon.

OP
OP
GearWhore

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
I just purchased this kit for my 2021. It is still not included. Itā€™s Saturday and Iā€™m stuck without the proper parts. I left a message hopefully Iā€™ll get a call soon.
That sounds all too familiar...

David P.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
@Motobilt_Bruce at least quickly gabbed up an adapter for the new 2021 camera (yes I have the front trail cam). Super awesome customer service on that!

I wonder if @CavFab_mfg ā€˜s carrier and camera holder work with the newly designed 2021 rear camera?

Sponsored

cball508

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392
I have a 21 4xe. They sent me a different camera mount bracket since my alpha was a take off from my 18 JLUR, but it didn't work. I believe what I did worked well. I mounted the camera directly to the Mount using the Teraflex metal screws. I was then able to use the screws that mounted the camera from the factory on the outside plastic cover. Everything works fine, tight, no issues šŸ¤ž

20210620_113603.jpg

20210620_113630.jpg

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Just helped a buddy install one on a 2021 and zero issues, went on the same as my 2019.

So perhaps as mentioned above there is a variety of cameras being used and some are different enough to not work.

David P.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
If you have a front trail camera stockā€¦then you have a different rear camera without the 3 screws around the camera housing.

Can anyone with the new rear camera confirm a bracket that works with this tire carrier?

OP
OP
GearWhore

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
Teraflex has an adapter that allows the new camera to work but they do not ship with it and you have to contact them to get it shipped separate. Hopefully they are in stock when you need it. But sucks to get 2/3 through the tire carrier replacement only to learn you can't complete it and need to wait on a small adapter...

Kingz0489

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
awaiting my JLURD
Teraflex came thru for me and sent me one out no charge expedited shipping. Worked perfectly. It wouldnā€™t be all that difficult to send a bunch out to distributors and have them put in boxes for 2021ā€™s or at least let potential buyers know on there website.
Sponsored