First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
Thanks, @DwnSth , for including your image. It allowed me to orient the camera correctly while I wait for the proper adapter from Teraflex. It was not included in their kit recently delivered from Northridge.

When I called Teraflex, they insisted I double check for the adapter in their product box before shipping one out. Being impatient and having a rare, free Saturday, I just jumped into the installation...and I don't have the adapter.

The tailgate reinforcement & carrier are now temporarily installed. I used some double sided tape for the camera while I wait for the proper adapter. Also, I used some zip ties for the rear pedestrian alert speaker. Hopefully they have a more elegant solution in development.
20210807_144733.jpg
Sponsored

cball508

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392
Thanks, @DwnSth , for including your image. It allowed me to orient the camera correctly while I wait for the proper adapter from Teraflex. It was not included in their kit recently delivered from Northridge.

When I called Teraflex, they insisted I double check for the adapter in their product box before shipping one out. Being impatient and having a rare, free Saturday, I just jumped into the installation...and I don't have the adapter.

The tailgate reinforcement & carrier are now temporarily installed. I used some double sided tape for the camera while I wait for the proper adapter. Also, I used some zip ties for the rear pedestrian alert speaker. Hopefully they have a more elegant solution in development.
20210807_144733.jpg
Same here. Zip tied but, at least it's secure and doesn't move

Jeep Wrangler JL Teraflex Alpha HD Tire Carrier Doesn't Work for 2021 20210725_094344

Last edited:

Curcurt

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Reply sent. If anyone has ordered a new adjustable mount and is installing on a 2021, give us a holler 801-713-3314
I ran into the same problem and emailed Teraflex support. The support guy emails me back and says to just pop it in. I'm glad I found this thread as I got an RMA to return it and I was fixing to walk out the door to drop it off at FedEx. I will call to see if I can a better support person and get the adapter sent to me.

Last edited:

#HuckleberryJeep

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Wrangler Rubicon 392 * '20 Hemi JT * CJ5 * CJ7
Occupation
Realtor
Reply sent. If anyone has ordered a new adjustable mount and is installing on a 2021, give us a holler 801-713-3314
I appreciate this thread. We installed our tire carrier last weekend and found that the backup camera didn't fit in the regular configuration. For clarity, we do have the front trailcam and I know we get a different rear camera as a result. Those without the front trailcam shouldn't need this.

A google search brought me here, so I called the number listed above and they sent out the adapter right away. Had it just a couple days later.

We ran for a few days with the rear camera just sitting perched in the hole and it worked fine until the adapter arrived. As you can see from my pics, it's a simple little install. Just click it onto the camera and screw it in.

Thanks for the speedy service, Teraflex.

a1 - IMG_5913 2.jpg

a2 - IMG_5964 2.jpg

a3 - IMG_5963 2.jpg

a4 - IMG_5965 2.jpg

a5 - IMG_5966 2.jpg

a6 - IMG_5968 2.jpg

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Glad I found this thread. Moving my Alpha from a 19 to my new 22 with front camera. Yup, needed the adapter. Called Teraflex, explained the situation and they immediately shipped me out the adapter, no charge, no problem.
With my 22, there aren't the 3 little screws to attach camera to housing. The adapter makes it somewhat snug but not as much as those screws would. I know with the top cover and its two screws its probably OK. Are you guys just leaving the camera slightly loose in there inside the adapter? My OCD might have me order a set of those 3 screws from my local dealer.

Edit: LOL, found a little baggy with the three missing screws. Sucks getting older. Misplacing things, forgetting things, etc.

Jeep Wrangler JL Teraflex Alpha HD Tire Carrier Doesn't Work for 2021 Capture.JPG

Last edited:

jandersendo

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
hey teraflex - I sent you a question about your alpha mount/reinforcement bracket and my Jeep in a PM. Can you check it out? Thank you!
Sponsored