First Name
TeraFlex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teraflex.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT, JK
@TeraFlex is the camera snout built to support the weight fo a wheel & tire? I would assume so, when trying to line up the lugs, etc... If so, why have the brake light wire come out on top and be vulnerable? I know my 126 pound beadlocks would cut it instantly. I have this carrier and routed my light wiring up behind the carrier and through the wheel. And when mounting, you would have to fish the wire through the hub while holding the tire... But, am I missing something???
Yes, it is designed to support the wheel and tire as you put it on. As SwissSteph said you have to remove the brake light, and disconnect it. Then you put the wire into the access hole and remove or install your tire. If you have your wiring ran a different way, then you'll have to adjust as needed to avoid pinching the wire. Since the brake light is designed to be a quick release, this is the way it should be done when installing your tire.
Sponsored

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon - Hella Yella - 2.2 Diesel
Vehicle Showcase
Only one very small "criticism". Gentlemen from Teraflex, you might have thought of placing the conector of the stoplight "a little more accessible"... it's just a comment to "look for the details a little bit negative"

(sorry for my bad English.... don't take my comment in a bad way)

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
No worries, thanks for the feedback.
A little feedback...If you have a common sized 3.5" backspaced 17x9 beadlock spare like I do, it would be helpful if @TeraFlex would include longer screws and a spacer with the alpha carrier to extend the camera out an inch. When I put it in reverse and look at the screen on the dash, 50% of the screen is currently taken up by my wheel. I'm going to the hardware store to hunt for longer screws and spacers.

Secondly, for people that want an aftermarket rear bumper, it would be helpful if you would integrate a way to relocate the license plate on the spare with it being lit at night and still being able to use the camera and brake light.

Pipes

First Name
HP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU, Jeep SRT
A little feedback...If you have a common sized 3.5" backspaced 17x9 beadlock spare like I do, it would be helpful if @TeraFlex would include longer screws and a spacer with the alpha carrier to extend the camera out an inch. When I put it in reverse and look at the screen on the dash, 50% of the screen is currently taken up by my wheel. I'm going to the hardware store to hunt for longer screws and spacers.

Secondly, for people that want an aftermarket rear bumper, it would be helpful if you would integrate a way to relocate the license plate on the spare with it being lit at night and still being able to use the camera and brake light.
Any luck with adding a spacer to extend the camera?

Sponsored

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Any luck with adding a spacer to extend the camera?
Sorry...I sold the beadlocks and went to a Method non beadoock with 4.75 backspacing. I'm not doing trails tough enough to justify heavy beadlocks.

cfree

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ
I installed this kit last weekend and found that the middle screw holes did not work for my 315/70/17 Wrangler Duratracs with the steel bumper - I had to go up to the third level.

Is the tire too far away from the tailgate? I’m considering bringing it in closer. I measured, but it seems far to me.

09F4269F-CDC6-4C7C-AAA9-534E7AA030D5.jpeg

A81123DF-98E2-46DE-8FC1-678CAD871717.jpeg

4105F747-4E6A-4F9D-BC2E-52CD8B17C551.jpeg

EFA267EF-E756-4206-B9AF-856FF69EDE3B.jpeg

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon - Hella Yella - 2.2 Diesel
Vehicle Showcase
Personally, I don't think he's too close. In my opinion, the closer it is to the body, the less dead weight there is away from the car.

Curcurt

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I have the Teraflex HD Adjustable Spare Tire Mounting Kit 4838910. Teraflex instructions show that the backup camera is attacked by screws using a T8. My 2021 Rubicon does not have screws holding the camera to the Jeep camera mount. Has anyone seen this before? The picture with the T8 screws are from an install video I found. My setup has no screws which will not let me mount the camera to the new Teraflex camera holder.

Jeep Wrangler JL TeraFlex Adjustable Spare Tire Kit Install How-To 20210813_100458

Jeep Wrangler JL TeraFlex Adjustable Spare Tire Kit Install How-To 20210813_100521

Jeep Wrangler JL TeraFlex Adjustable Spare Tire Kit Install How-To 20210813_100531

Jeep Wrangler JL TeraFlex Adjustable Spare Tire Kit Install How-To Screenshot - 8_13_2021 , 12_23_26 PM

Last edited:

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Sam’s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
H
I have the Teraflex HD Adjustable Spare Tire Mounting Kit 4838910. Teraflex instructions show that the backup camera is attacked by screws using a T8. My 2021 Rubicon does not have screws holding the camera to the Jeep camera mount. Has anyone seen this before? The picture with the T8 screws are from an install video I found. My setup has no screws which will not let me mount the camera to the new Teraflex camera holder.

Jeep Wrangler JL TeraFlex Adjustable Spare Tire Kit Install How-To Screenshot - 8_13_2021 , 12_23_26 PM

Have you heard from Teraflex on this? I have one on order for My wrangler 392 (2021)…betting I’ll have the same issue. Trying to figure out if I should cancel the order.

Sponsored

Curcurt

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

H

Have you heard from Teraflex on this? I have one on order for My wrangler 392 (2021)…betting I’ll have the same issue. Trying to figure out if I should cancel the order.
Not by email since yesterday. I'm calling Monday about getting the part, now that I know one exists and what the part number is.

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Sam’s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
Oh okay, cool, so it sounds like it’s just a parts thing? I was worried that an updated Jeep design meant incompatibility with the carrier. Love to hear how this works out for you and any part numbers I need to ask for, thanks !

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
H

I installed the tire carrier & new tailgate reinforcement two weeks ago. If you have a 2021 with the front facing camera, the rear facing camera will have this newer mounting scheme and an updated mounting bracket is needed. It's supposed to be included in the newest kits, but mine did not include one. Teraflex mailed me the appropriate bracket when I called them.

Hercules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ram 2500 Longhorn, 2022 JLURD

You should have a amo all t8? I think? Bolt to one side of the camera mount. Take that out, and there is a new adapter that pops out with the camera. The TF instructions mentioned something about “2020” newer models I believe. That worked for me today

dcm80401

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe / 2023 JLUR 4xe
Has anyone come up with a solution for the speaker mount in a 4xe?
Sponsored