Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
TeraFlex
Reaction score
Website
teraflex.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, JK, TJ
@TeraFlex is the camera snout built to support the weight fo a wheel & tire? I would assume so, when trying to line up the lugs, etc... If so, why have the brake light wire come out on top and be vulnerable? I know my 126 pound beadlocks would cut it instantly. I have this carrier and routed my light wiring up behind the carrier and through the wheel. And when mounting, you would have to fish the wire through the hub while holding the tire... But, am I missing something???
Yes, it is designed to support the wheel and tire as you put it on. As SwissSteph said you have to remove the brake light, and disconnect it. Then you put the wire into the access hole and remove or install your tire. If you have your wiring ran a different way, then you'll have to adjust as needed to avoid pinching the wire. Since the brake light is designed to be a quick release, this is the way it should be done when installing your tire.

Advertisement

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon - Hella Yella - 2.2 Diesel
Vehicle Showcase
Only one very small "criticism". Gentlemen from Teraflex, you might have thought of placing the conector of the stoplight "a little more accessible"... it's just a comment to "look for the details a little bit negative"

(sorry for my bad English.... don't take my comment in a bad way)

TeraFlex

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
TeraFlex
Reaction score
Website
teraflex.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, JK, TJ
No worries, thanks for the feedback.

ChattVol

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 6 Speed, 2016 Odyssey, 2014 Accord
Build Thread
Link
No worries, thanks for the feedback.
A little feedback...If you have a common sized 3.5" backspaced 17x9 beadlock spare like I do, it would be helpful if @TeraFlex would include longer screws and a spacer with the alpha carrier to extend the camera out an inch. When I put it in reverse and look at the screen on the dash, 50% of the screen is currently taken up by my wheel. I'm going to the hardware store to hunt for longer screws and spacers.

Secondly, for people that want an aftermarket rear bumper, it would be helpful if you would integrate a way to relocate the license plate on the spare with it being lit at night and still being able to use the camera and brake light.

Pipes

First Name
HP
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU, Jeep SRT
A little feedback...If you have a common sized 3.5" backspaced 17x9 beadlock spare like I do, it would be helpful if @TeraFlex would include longer screws and a spacer with the alpha carrier to extend the camera out an inch. When I put it in reverse and look at the screen on the dash, 50% of the screen is currently taken up by my wheel. I'm going to the hardware store to hunt for longer screws and spacers.

Secondly, for people that want an aftermarket rear bumper, it would be helpful if you would integrate a way to relocate the license plate on the spare with it being lit at night and still being able to use the camera and brake light.
Any luck with adding a spacer to extend the camera?

ChattVol

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 6 Speed, 2016 Odyssey, 2014 Accord
Build Thread
Link
Any luck with adding a spacer to extend the camera?
Sorry...I sold the beadlocks and went to a Method non beadoock with 4.75 backspacing. I'm not doing trails tough enough to justify heavy beadlocks.

cfree

First Name
Craig
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I installed this kit last weekend and found that the middle screw holes did not work for my 315/70/17 Wrangler Duratracs with the steel bumper - I had to go up to the third level.

Is the tire too far away from the tailgate? I’m considering bringing it in closer. I measured, but it seems far to me.

09F4269F-CDC6-4C7C-AAA9-534E7AA030D5.jpeg

A81123DF-98E2-46DE-8FC1-678CAD871717.jpeg

4105F747-4E6A-4F9D-BC2E-52CD8B17C551.jpeg

EFA267EF-E756-4206-B9AF-856FF69EDE3B.jpeg

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon - Hella Yella - 2.2 Diesel
Vehicle Showcase
Personally, I don't think he's too close. In my opinion, the closer it is to the body, the less dead weight there is away from the car.

Advertisement

Tri-City Jeep

Advertisement