TeraFlex 2.5 w/3.3 falcon shock opinion/review

CarterRuss

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 07 RS4
I’d suggest calling the folks at accutune and talking to them. Ride is so subjective that I haven’t found any perfect answer. If you’re dead set on the 3.3s, at a bare minimum get the sp2. I’m personally not one to want to mess with adjustability on a shock. We get them matched to our driving and set up and rock them. Some folks want that ability

Brett
I'll probably do that then. I don't mind messing around with the clickers as long as I can eventually find my preferred settings (which would make it quick and easy). Ideally I'd have 3 settings: an everyday setting, higher speed washboard type road speed true off road setting.
Sponsored

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
Ride is the most absolutely subjective thing you can ask about here.

I've had:

Fox 2.5 (mopar)
Rancho 9000s
accutune 2.0RR Fox
Falcon 3.3
Falcon 3.3 SP2

At the end of the day, I kept my Sp2's. Sure, the accutunes were a little bit softer at soaking up bumps, but theres a fine line in how soft you want it vs how stable its going traverse those bumps at 60-80mph on the highway. The falcons are slightly firmer at their softest setting but it still drives great and I get much less body roll and wind pushing me over the accutune. There were a few "whoa" moments going 65 here in the garbage illinois roads hitting bumps on the interstate roads where I never felt that with the falcons. Really really really depends on what you are looking for. Even that being said, the spring rate matters and the wheels / tires matter in addition to the shocks.

Last edited:

EngenZerO

First Name
Ozzie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Moab
Ride is the most absolutely subjective thing you can ask about here.

I've had:

Fox 2.5 (mopar)
Rancho 9000s
accutune 2.0RR Fox
Falcon 3.3
Falcon 3.3 SP2

At the end of the day, I kept my Sp2's. Sure, the accutunes were a little bit softer at soaking up bumps, but theres a fine line in how soft you want it vs how stable its going traverse those bumps at 60-80mph on the highway. The falcons while slightly firmer at their softest setting but it still drives great and I get much less body roll and wind pushing me over the accutune. There were a few "whoa" moments going 65 here in the garbage illinois roads. Really really really depends on what you are looking for. Even that being said, the spring rate matters and the wheels / tires matter in addition to the shocks.
Are your SP2 valved for 4dr or 2dr? I’m actually in a similar quandary as the OP, except that this will be going on a Moab. I’m debating on going with Teraflex lift and falcon shocks as well and was looking at the 3.3 SP2. I’ve read some things that people go with the 2dr valve even though they have a 4 door.

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
Are your SP2 valved for 4dr or 2dr? I’m actually in a similar quandary as the OP, except that this will be going on a Moab. I’m debating on going with Teraflex lift and falcon shocks as well and was looking at the 3.3 SP2. I’ve read some things that people go with the 2dr valve even though they have a 4 door.
I'm using the 4dr version, but it's not a bad idea to consider the 2dr version for a 4dr. I'm daily driving mine on 2.1 front and 2.2 rear even in the disgusting winter we started to have already with the temp hitting below 10 degrees.

I believe there are some teraflex employees who are using 2dr shocks on their 4dr if that holds any meaning to you.

Sponsored

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
Everyone likes a softer ride until they hit a bigger bump at high speed.
Just saying.
It's just so subjective. Even falcon says if you live in cold climate weather to make sure to set the SP2 shafts to soft because the cold temps affect the fluid // dampening. So what works for someone in death valley might not work for a person in Canada, even with the exact same setup.

sacourtney07

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
I have the 3.3 on a pretty light JLU Sport. I think they are very harsh.

Sponsored

Harsh

First Name
Harsh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Read through the threads in here, you'll see many comments about the ride quality (or lack there of) with the Falcon shocks. I'm getting ready to pull the 3.3s off my wife's JLUR and buy something else because they ride too harsh for her liking. We don't even drive her Jeep, outside of her using it to and from work, because it's just not enjoyable to drive. We have the 2.5" w/ Falcon 3.3s but we do have a 4 door. A buddy of mine has the 2 door of the same thing and his ride is the same (too harsh).
Do you have sp2 falcons? Because guess the sp2 has ability to install on soft or sport. I keep getting mixed reviews as I’m interested in these but not sure.

Harsh

First Name
Harsh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Lol but those 4 posts are from 2 people. I think those two guys were the only ones I saw when I looked last week and I saw one or two guys that liked them. Then the shop here in AZ (Doetsch) very much recommended them. So it's like who do I believe?! Haha I'm going to head to the shop and hopefully check out one with them installed tomorrow.

PM what you'd be looking for. I was going to wait till BF to buy if that's what I end up deciding on.
Did you end up getting the falcons? I’m interested as there is mixed reviews. But the sp2 adjustables for the softer valving is what keeping wanting to try it. Please let me know thanks!

Cthehentz

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I am running the Falcon SP2 3.3 shocks and 140lb Teraflex springs. I currently have everything set to the softest setting and say if you are going through the intersection the jeep floats across same as the freeway but can be a little brash over speed bumps or little bumpy at low speeds on rough roads. Almost zero nose dive or body roll, my last trip to the mountains I set the shocks to hard and that really helped maintain the jeeps roll going over boulders and really keeps the Jeep planted.

CarterRuss

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 07 RS4
Did you end up getting the falcons? I’m interested as there is mixed reviews. But the sp2 adjustables for the softer valving is what keeping wanting to try it. Please let me know thanks!
I had the 3.3SP2s paired with the RK springs. I drove regularly 4 hours on the highway with no issue. Now this was my first Jeep so my offroad experience is limited in what is a perfect suspension but I had no issue with them on or off road. I drive sports cars mainly so my tolerance is certainly higher but it's a Jeep. Doesn't drive like a Cadillac and doesn't drive like a Corvette.
Sponsored