peteinny

First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler
Vehicle Showcase
Anybody do a TeraFlex 2.5 with 3.3 Falcon shocks on a Wrangler 2d Rubicon? Any information or reviews would be helpful?
Sponsored

Hudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Watching this closely. My local 4x4 shop was recommending this exact setup and had very good things to say about both components and companies. Pricey but it looks the business while still ensuring a good on road ride, they say.

Burt

First Name
Burt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2014 FJ Cruiser (TTUE), 2016 Camry XLE (wife’s)
Occupation
Retired
That is exactly what my 4X4 shop is recommending for my JLUR. Especially for the adjustability of the shocks and one can fit 35’s or 37’s.

OP
OP
peteinny

peteinny

First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler
Vehicle Showcase
That is exactly what my 4X4 shop is recommending for my JLUR. Especially for the adjustability of the shocks and one can fit 35’s or 37’s.
Let us know if you decide to go with it. Haven't seen any reviews of it. Thanks

caleb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Read through the threads in here, you'll see many comments about the ride quality (or lack there of) with the Falcon shocks. I'm getting ready to pull the 3.3s off my wife's JLUR and buy something else because they ride too harsh for her liking. We don't even drive her Jeep, outside of her using it to and from work, because it's just not enjoyable to drive. We have the 2.5" w/ Falcon 3.3s but we do have a 4 door. A buddy of mine has the 2 door of the same thing and his ride is the same (too harsh).

Sponsored

Hudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Read through the threads in here, you'll see many comments about the ride quality (or lack there of) with the Falcon shocks. I'm getting ready to pull the 3.3s off my wife's JLUR and buy something else because they ride too harsh for her liking. We don't even drive her Jeep, outside of her using it to and from work, because it's just not enjoyable to drive. We have the 2.5" w/ Falcon 3.3s but we do have a 4 door. A buddy of mine has the 2 door of the same thing and his ride is the same (too harsh).

Are the Falcon 3.3s the two position or the newer 3 position shocks?

Hudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. Maybe I’ll look at metal cloak

CarterRuss

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 07 RS4
Maybe I missed them but I only saw negative things about the Falcon 2.1s mainly? I will be going with the Rock Krawler 2.5 and the Falcon 3.3s as I want the adjust-ability and I don't see it being worth $1k to jump to the Fox 2.5s.

caleb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Look a little harder :CWL: . Here's a few threads from about 30 seconds of searching

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...falcon-3-3-shocks-overated.33672/#post-765556
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...falcon-3-3-shocks-overated.33672/#post-789778
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/falcon-3-3-shocks.34916/
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/falcon-sp2-mode-adjust-shocks.34874/#post-830971

Slow speed (around town driving, slow trail driving, etc..you know the things you do with your Jeep 99% of the time) Is absolutely terrible. I hear they do great for blasting high speed through the desert... the thing 1% of guys do with their Jeeps. This is also confirmed just by looking at the Falcon offering, if the 3.3s were good, they would have never released the 3.3 SP2 that help address the slow speed valving of them.

If you're set on 3.3s, I'd make you a good deal on the set I'll be pulling off my Wife's Jeep. I put them on in (I think) August. She drives it to and from work each day and that's it. If this was something that you were interested in, and you wanted to have them revalved to the 2dr valving (which is what many guys are having TF do), I'm local to TF and would be willing to get that done before shipping them.

Sponsored

CarterRuss

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 07 RS4
Look a little harder :CWL: . Here's a few threads from about 30 seconds of searching

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...falcon-3-3-shocks-overated.33672/#post-765556
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...falcon-3-3-shocks-overated.33672/#post-789778
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/falcon-3-3-shocks.34916/
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/falcon-sp2-mode-adjust-shocks.34874/#post-830971

Slow speed (around town driving, slow trail driving, etc..you know the things you do with your Jeep 99% of the time) Is absolutely terrible. I hear they do great for blasting high speed through the desert... the thing 1% of guys do with their Jeeps. This is also confirmed just by looking at the Falcon offering, if the 3.3s were good, they would have never released the 3.3 SP2 that help address the slow speed valving of them.

If you're set on 3.3s, I'd make you a good deal on the set I'll be pulling off my Wife's Jeep. I put them on in (I think) August. She drives it to and from work each day and that's it. If this was something that you were interested in, and you wanted to have them revalved to the 2dr valving (which is what many guys are having TF do), I'm local to TF and would be willing to get that done before shipping them.
Lol but those 4 posts are from 2 people. I think those two guys were the only ones I saw when I looked last week and I saw one or two guys that liked them. Then the shop here in AZ (Doetsch) very much recommended them. So it's like who do I believe?! Haha I'm going to head to the shop and hopefully check out one with them installed tomorrow.

PM what you'd be looking for. I was going to wait till BF to buy if that's what I end up deciding on.

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
I run the ST2.5 with the 2.1s. My overall impression is positive. Teraflex makes a great product. I do agree that below, say 40mph, its not as smooth as I would like, but I wouldn't say its bad. BUT, when i'm doing ~75 on the highway, this suspension rides great. It and the KM3s. I love the way it cruises down the highway. So I guess maybe I agree with some that say TF tuned these for faster speeds. Off-road, its done great out at SWR in Llano, JJUSA Texas Spur, Hidden Falls and JJUSA Moab.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Unless a customer brings me 3.3s doesn’t hold me responsible for the ride will be the only way I’ll install them. They are some of the coolest looking shocks on the market but for most of jeep owners, there are other options that they would be happier with. Bonus is they can be had for similar or less money than the 3.3s. The harsh ride qualities are documented here in several threads or posts.

We installed some custom valved and tuned fox 2.0 adj resi shocks from accutune and the difference they made to the ride was remarkable. I’ve never been much of a shock snob, but that was by far one of the most comfortable riding jeeps we’ve built and they weren’t break the bank expensive.

Metalcloak is an excellent lift too.

Brett

CarterRuss

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 07 RS4
Unless a customer brings me 3.3s doesn’t hold me responsible for the ride will be the only way I’ll install them. They are some of the coolest looking shocks on the market but for most of jeep owners, there are other options that they would be happier with. Bonus is they can be had for similar or less money than the 3.3s. The harsh ride qualities are documented here in several threads or posts.

We installed some custom valved and tuned fox 2.0 adj resi shocks from accutune and the difference they made to the ride was remarkable. I’ve never been much of a shock snob, but that was by far one of the most comfortable riding jeeps we’ve built and they weren’t break the bank expensive.

Metalcloak is an excellent lift too.

Brett
I could be wrong but in my searching it seems unless the 3.3s are fitted on a heavy JLU then they should be revalved to the 2dr valving and matched with an appropriate cool (rate wise).

For me the adjustability is what has me interested. With 20 adjustment points. To get that from Fox I'd have to spend $1k more for the 2.5s. I drive a lot of highway but I'll also drive a lot of crappy gravel roads at higher speeds (lead foot) and want to wheel more than the average person. Those combined I don't think (correct me if I'm wrong) give me a solid choice for shocks.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
I could be wrong but in my searching it seems unless the 3.3s are fitted on a heavy JLU then they should be revalved to the 2dr valving and matched with an appropriate cool (rate wise).

For me the adjustability is what has me interested. With 20 adjustment points. To get that from Fox I'd have to spend $1k more for the 2.5s. I drive a lot of highway but I'll also drive a lot of crappy gravel roads at higher speeds (lead foot) and want to wheel more than the average person. Those combined I don't think (correct me if I'm wrong) give me a solid choice for shocks.
I’d suggest calling the folks at accutune and talking to them. Ride is so subjective that I haven’t found any perfect answer. If you’re dead set on the 3.3s, at a bare minimum get the sp2. I’m personally not one to want to mess with adjustability on a shock. We get them matched to our driving and set up and rock them. Some folks want that ability

Brett
Sponsored